Right now you’re probably thinking “Arginine? who cares! Arginine is old news!”
And we don’t blame you. There’s been literally dozens of variations on arginine on the market over the years, and nearly all of them make entirely unfounded claims of improved bioavailability, bigger pumps, or to somehow improve your gains.
In the end, it was determined that citrulline was ironically a better pro-arginine supplement and boosted plasma levels of the amino acid more effectively than arginine itself. But there are a few forms of arginine that are remarkably effective (such as Arginine Nitrate in USPLabs’ Yok3d and Cellucor’s NO3 Chrome), although the industry in general has moved passed the underwhelming results and on to newer and better pump ingredients.
Enter Nutrition21 and Nitrosigine
That could be about to change when the new ingredient by the researchers at Nutrition21 hits the market. A New Dietary Ingredient application submitted by the company for an ingredient Nitrosigine™ (Inositol-stabilized Arginine Silicate’) was recently approved by the FDA.
We always keep an eye out for new ingredients that show potential and this one struck us as particularly interesting.
So what the heck is Inositol-stabilized Arginine Silicate anyway?
This mixture of arginine, inositol, and potassium silicate combines the coronary function-improving effects of both arginine and Silicate in an inositol-stabilized form that promises improved bioavailability of both the silicate and the arginine. This improved bioavailability data is provided vaguely in their patent application but they promise more detailed information to be published in 3Q of this year.
Seems Legit… but Time Will Tell
This combination is entirely new in the industry, and most people have probably never even heard of silica as a dietary supplement. Silica in fact has a number of positive effects such as improved bone strength and its cardioprotective effects.
Of course, all of this is just on paper for now and it will definitely be a while before we see any Nitrosigine™ products hit the market , but this new compound certainly shows potential as a more effective and bioavailable form of arginine, with some added effects on top of that. Be on the lookout for more information about this later this year.
Posts about Products with NitroSigine:
- NutraBio PRE: Our Top-Rated DMAA-Free Zero-Carb Pre Workout Posted on: October 23, 2017
- Sparta Nutrition Kraken PUMP -- Release the Pre Workout Pumps! Posted on: October 18, 2017
- iSatori Morph Xtreme Brings Energy & PUMPS to iSatori Pre Workouts! Posted on: September 28, 2017
- Dymatize Pre W.O. -- A Mainstream Pre Workout that DELIVERS! Posted on: June 28, 2017
- MPA Supps CelluVOL - Matt Porter's Personal Pre Workout! Posted on: May 5, 2017
- Granite Supplements Arc Reactor - John Meadows' Pre Workout! Posted on: February 16, 2017
- Stimul8 Pumped is Everything WRONG with Proprietary Blends Posted on: December 20, 2016
- C4 Ultimate: Cellucor's Pinnacle Pre Workout! Posted on: December 13, 2016
- MusclePharm VasoSport - Assault's Missing Pumps Posted on: July 21, 2016
- Pumped Sports Loaded - A Solid Pre from Far Away Posted on: April 13, 2016
- iSatori Pre-Gro Max: A Confusing Step Backwards Posted on: March 23, 2016
- Conqu3r Unleashed by Olympus Labs: Balanced Perfection Posted on: December 2, 2015
- Performix Pump: New Stim-Free Pre Workout Posted on: November 19, 2015
- Olympus Labs Conqu3r Unleashed Stim-Free: Loaded to the Gills! Posted on: November 2, 2015
- MuscleSport Rhino Black - High Energy & Pump Pre Workout Posted on: September 23, 2015
- MTS Vasky - The Machine's Pump Product Posted on: April 21, 2015
- iSatori PRE-GRO - Pre Workout Powered by Bio-Gro Posted on: February 11, 2015
- True GRIT PRE - Open Formula Pre Workout Posted on: January 27, 2015
- The Top 10 Supplement Industry News Stories of 2014 Posted on: January 1, 2015
- MuscleTech ANARCHY - High-Energy Pre Workout is HERE! Posted on: November 24, 2014
- Arginine SILICATE is out in the Wild! Posted on: May 30, 2013
Like this Post? We have more on the way...
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below: