Performax Labs unveils their latest edition of their popular fat-burner Oxy Max, with the revamped Oxy Max XT.
This is the next supplement we’ve seen so far to use the rather unique ingredient N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine – so if you’re looking for a new shot of mood / energy, this is worth reading.
What else does it have to offer and will this be the next great fat burner? We break it all down below, but before we get to the details, take a second to sign up for PricePlow alerts and to check the best deal.
OxyMax XT - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Oxy Max XT’s Ingredients
Oxy Max XT uses a combination of two blends to fry fat and leave you in a state of utter euphoria. Looking at the label, it looks like a potent formula, but we don’t have exact doses for every ingredients. However…
Caffeine and Forskolin Doses Disclosed!
Knowing that we hate proprietary formulas, Performax Labs’ CEO has disclosed caffeine and forskolin:
Caffeine is 200mg per capsule and Forskolin is 25mg per capsule. –Performax Labs CEO
This means two things:
- It’s a strong fat burner, most people will only need one cap at a time.
- Nothing here is pixie-dusted – at least nothing that we don’t want to be pixie-dusted.
Thanks to Performax for opening it up a bit. We don’t always need to know everything, but we do really want to know the caffeine so we know how to dose things at first.
Now let’s see what each of the components to Oxy Max XT has to offer and see how this might separate itself from the rest of the fat burner market!
This is the key ingredient to Oxy Max XT. So far, we’ve only seen this ingredient an Giant Sports’ Dexamine Black. Studies are few and far between on this PEA (phenylethylamine) metabolite, but you can check out our write-up on Dexamine Black for a detailed rundown on how this unique ingredient functions.
Basically, this functions in the same way PEA does, but crosses the blood-brain barrier easier due to it being more lipophilic. This should translate into a longer-lasting effect of the typical “euphoric” sensation that is attributed to the catecholamine release caused by PEA.
Update: Since writing this analysis, we’ve done a ton more research on this ingredient, which is sometimes labeled as “Eria Jarensis Extract”. You can explore the in-depth science in our post titled Eria Jarensis Extract / N-phenethyl dimethylamine: The Next Big Thing?
As mentioned above, PEA causes a potent, but brief release of catecholamines (dopamine, adrenaline, and noradrenalin), which lead to that “feel good” mood.
Not much research has been done on PEA in regards to weight loss. However, due to its ability to release noradrenaline it may indirectly stimulate lipolysis due to the fact that noradrenaline is a potent inducer of lipolysis.[2,3]
Broscience Alert on PEA:
It’s our belief that sometimes, the PEA is actually best for the quick, motivational mood boost that you get. You feel it fast, and it’s a perfect uplifting jolt to get you out of the house and into the gym to put in the work you need to do.
Amentoflavone has been gaining popularity in a number of fat burners and pre workouts hitting the market within the past year. This is probably due to a few factors.
It inhibits phosphodiesterase (PDE), an enzyme that degrades cAMP. Inhibiting PDE, results in increased cAMP, which ultimately leads to additional fat loss.[4,5] Amentoflavone also is a potent stress reducer and mild-stimulant..
So, not only will you be frying fat, but you’ll get a nice boost in energy and be more relaxed while dieting.
Hordenine is a plant extract found alongside synephrine in bitter orange that acts as a natural stimulant. Research is on the light side, but may indicate that hordenine exhibits similar effects as that of noradrenaline.
Additionally, Hordenine acts as an MAO (Monoamine Oxidase) inhibitor. This has the added bonus effect of helping keep PEA “active” longer in the body, helping to further that “feel good” sensation we described earlier.
Coleus Forskohlii (Forskolin) is an herb that was traditionally used in Ayurvetic medicine. Forskolin increases cAMP levels in the body thereby affecting improving fat metabolism as we mentioned above.
Additionally elevated levels of cAMP create a similar effect as exercise does in relation to the the activity of certain mitochondrial enzymes in the body. This can result in increased muscle protein synthesis, which is incredibly beneficial, especially when cutting.
The staple ingredient in every fat-burner, caffeine is the first ingredient in Oxy Max XT’s ThermoMax blend. Rightfully so, as caffeine has been shown countless times to be beneficial for focus, mood, energy and fat loss.[11,12,13,14]
Given this is part of a proprietary blend, we have no clue how much caffeine is actually contained in here, but given that it’s the first ingredient in a 275mg blend, it’s safe to assume there’s about 200-225mg of caffeine per pill.
Higenamine is an extract that exhibits similar fat oxidation effects to ephedrine although not nearly as potent. It’s a beta-2 agonist, meaning it makes the body release noradrenaline which then causes fat to be released and used for energy.
Rauwolscine, also known as alpha-yohimbine, is chemically similar to yohimbine and functions in much the same way. It is an alpha-2 adrenergic agonist and can help accelerate fat loss.
It doesn’t directly burn fat, but rather inhibits the receptors in the body that prevent fat loss. By blocking these receptors, Rauwolscine enhances the fat-burning potential of the other ingredients included in Oxy Max XT.
More often than not, you’ve seen pepper extracts listed as capsaicin in fat burners. Aside from their tongue-numbing effects, capsaicin has been shown to help with fat oxidation and thermogenesis. Additionally, it also provides a nice release of adrenaline to give you a much needed energy boost.[17,18]..
Black Pepper Extract
Also known as Piper nigrum, Black Pepper extract, when combined with other supplements, Several studies have found that black pepper extract, when combined with other supplements, increases the absorption and efficacy of the other ingredients. Having this valuable extract included as part of Oxy Max XT ensures you’ll reap all the fat-burning benefits it has to offer.
Overall, this seems about as aggressive as you’re going to get without having any FDA-“banned” stimulants like AMP Citrate, which Performax Labs has wisely shelved. You get a combination of these effects:
- The “feel” that everyone wants from the PEA compounds, and the hordenine to keep it around longer;
- Hit Beta-2 fat burning angle from higenamine;
- The Alpha-2 fat blocking angle from rauwolscine;
- Thermogenesis / heat and other fat burning mechanisms from the red pepper extract;
- The standard energy from caffeine;
- …all potentially amplified by black pepper extract;
This is a formula with a diverse array of effects that we can expect to be around a lot longer, with the “feel” that so many people want, yet without the stimulants that will get one into trouble with the authorities.
Consume 1 capsule upon waking on an empty stomach. After assessing tolerance, an additional capsule can be taken 6-8 hours later. Sensitive users should consume with food. Do not exceed 3 capsules per day.
As you can see, Oxy Max XT uses a LOT of ingredients, all disclosed behind a prop blend unfortunately. We’d really like to know the caffeine content on this guy, but we have a pretty good guess as to how much is contained within.
N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine continues to be the truly intriguing ingredient, and only time will tell if it really is a longer-lasting and more effective version of PEA.
OxyMax XT - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Hapke, H; Pharmacological effects of hordenine; Institut für Pharmakologie, Toxikologie und Pharmazie; 1995
- Litosch I, et al. Forskolin as an activator of cyclic AMP accumulation and lipolysis in rat adipocytes.Mol Pharmacol. (1982)
- Costford SR, et al. Skeletal muscle NAMPT is induced by exercise in humans. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. (2010)
- Backhouse SH, et al. Caffeine ingestion, affect and perceived exertion during prolonged cycling.Appetite. (2011)
- Yoshida T, et al. Relationship between basal metabolic rate, thermogenic response to caffeine, and body weight loss following combined low calorie and exercise treatment in obese women. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. (1994)
- Zwyghuizen-Doorenbos A, et al. Effects of caffeine on alertness. Psychopharmacology (Berl). (1990)
- Duncan MJ, Oxford SW. The effect of caffeine ingestion on mood state and bench press performance to failure. J Strength Cond Res. (2011)
- Perry BD, U’Prichard DC; (3H)rauwolscine (alpha-yohimbine): a specific antagonist radioligand for brain alpha 2-adrenergic receptors . Eur J Pharmacol. (1981)
- Kim KM, et al; Increase in swimming endurance capacity of mice by capsaicin-induced adrenal catecholamine secretion . Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. (1997)
- Watanabe T, et al; Capsaicin, a pungent principle of hot red pepper, evokes catecholamine secretion from the adrenal medulla of anesthetized rats . Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (1987)
- Barwell CJ, et al; Deamination of hordenine by monoamine oxidase and its action on vasa deferentia of the rat . J Pharm Pharmacol. (1989)