Update: This supplement has made it high into our top pre workouts list for 2016!
Feb. 15, 2016 Update 2: We now have an idea of what may be in the J. Regia extract, but cannot be certain. But now we understand why this supplement is so awesome.
Every once in awhile a pre workout comes along that you can’t help but get excited about.
That’s the case anytime Olympus Labs has any new supplement in the works, but this pre workout is extra-promising!
Recently, we covered Olympus Labs’ stimulant free version of their all new pre workout CONQU3R Unleashed, which we covered in great detail here. But it’s this one with stims that’s really the talk of the town. We present to you its full breakdown below.
Quick Bullet Points
- 150mg caffeine per scoop / 300mg caffeine per serving
FourFIVE patented ingredients
- Fully-dosed, well-balanced on all ends
- New ingredient: J. Regia Extract (which contains 2-amino-5-methylheptane, a very close relative of DMHA!)
- A must-try supplement for 2016
Be forewarned, once you try the all-new Stim-Based Conqu3r Unleashed, nearly every other pre workout you try may just leave you disappointed.
The breakdown is just ahead, but first, make sure to check the best deal and sign up for price drop alerts – the “servings” priced below are for two scoops, which not everyone will need:
Conqu3r Unleashed - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Conqu3r Unleashed Ingredients
Those who have used the previous incarnations of Conqu3r know that it’s one of the all time G.O.A.T.’s of pump-based pre workouts – so much that it’s all over the place on our Best Pre Workout Buyer’s Guide. But it was also the worst-tasting (which we didn’t even care about because it worked so well).
So Olympus Labs went back to the drawing board for Unleashed and crafted a pre workout that delivers on all fronts: pumps, energy, and focus:
Note: Ingredient amounts are for TWO scoops, per the Supplement Facts Label
Maximum Endurance Matrix
Not seen in many pre workouts, Creatinol-O-Phosphate (COP) is a strength and endurance booster similar to beta alanine. Just like BA, COP prevents the pH level in the muscle from dropping too low. This buffering effect enables the muscles to keep firing long after they’d typically fail.[1,2]
More pre workouts need to include this ingredient, as we notice a pretty significant strength boost when using products that have this ingredient. However, we just wish more research was published on it.
If you haven’t tried a serious dose of COP, you have to check this out. There’s just something about it…
ElevATP® is a patented combination of extracts from apple and “ancient peat” (fossilized plants) that was created by FutureCeuticals. ElevATP® helps increase the body’s production of ATP, which helps increase overall energy without the use of stimulants.
One study using 150mg dose of elevATP® demonstrated that it elevated “intracellular ATP in blood cells.” This is a newer ingredient that’s just starting to make its way into pre workouts. But you’ll no doubt notice a significant increase in strength and overall energy when using products that contain it.
Incredible Pump Matrix
Here’s Conqu3r’s calling card, no matter what version you get…PUMPS! Olympus opts to use 4g of pure L-Citrulline as opposed to 6-8g of Citrulline Malate.
When compared to L-Arginine (another nitric oxide booster), L-Citrulline been shown to be not only more bioavailable, but much more effective for increasing N.O. production and vasodilation.
That’s not all though, citrulline is also a pretty strong endurance booster thanks to its role as a lactic acid and ammonia buffer in the skeletal muscles. This naturally increases endurance and overall ATP production to help you grind out the crucial muscle-building reps to make gains![5,6,7]
HydroMax® Glycerol Powder (2g)
Another upgrade in Conqu3r Unleashed is the inclusion of HydroMax® which replaces the “high-yield glycerol” in old DemiGod version. This is an ideal upgrade as the DemiGod edition suffered from a really chalky texture that wouldn’t go away no matter how much water you added.
Compared to glycerol monostearate (GMS), which only contains 25% glycerol, HydroMax® is a heavily concentrated form of powdered glycerol that is 65% by weight.
HydroMax® acts like a sponge in your muscles helping to draw water into muscle cells. Users note a profound “water-based” pump effects as well as fuller more rounded looking muscles. Furthermore, HydroMax® increases endurance thanks to its ability to induce a state of “hyper-hydration.”[9,10]
Nitrosigine® is a patented form Arginine bonded to silicate. Developed by Nutrition21, this newer form of arginine not only improves its bioavailability in the body, but also its efficacy.
Recent studies using Nitrosigine demonstrated it not only increased nitric oxide levels immediately after consumption, but additionally elevated baseline N.O. levels. Basically, nitric oxide levels remain elevated for up to two weeks with continued use! This opens up the door to long term benefits in terms of workout performance and health down the line.
Rounding out our pump powerhouse is the neurotransmitter / neuromodulator Agmatine. As opposed to the rest of the ingredients that directly stimulate nitric oxide production, agmatine actually inhibits is premature breakdown.
A few other pump-based pre’s on the market opt to include only citrulline or citrulline malate to boost their pumps. We think this is a huge oversight, because using Agmatine in conjunction with citrulline helps provide stronger, denser, longer-lasting pumps.
Another chip in agmatine’s favor is that it can also improve focus and cognition thanks to its ability to function as a neuromodulator / neurotransmitter in the brain.
Immaculate Focus & Energy Matrix (650mg)
Here’s where the fun starts! The focus and energy matrix if the stim-based Conqu3r Unleashed is completely different than the focus matrix used in the non-stim version. Let’s see what we’ve got:
Caffeine Anhydrous (300mg)
Although, the majority of the energy blend is contained in a prop blend, Olympus Labs has divulged that Conqu3r Unleashed does in fact contain 300mg of pure unadulterated caffeine.
We don’t really need to explain much about this wonderful ingredient. It wakes you up, makes you feel happy, gives you laser focus, and also helps sustain you throughout your workout and day to day tasks.
You know it, you love, it’s awesome, end of story. If 300mg is too much for some of you, it’s time to man up! …or just use one scoop…
AlphaSize® Alpha GPC
AlphaSize ® Alpha GPC is our fourth of five patented ingredients included in Conqu3r Unleased. When choosing a choline-variant to help improve focus, we want Alpha GPC or Citicoline (Choline CDP).
Alpha GPC has been proven to increase production of the “learning neurotransmitter” acetylcholine, which improves focus, mood, and even the “mind muscle connection” that many fail to properly establish during a workout.
Further research into Alpha GPC suggests it can increase endurance, power, and post-workout Growth Hormone (GH) output.[15,16,17]
J. Regia Extract
Juglans regia (J. regia), a.k.a. Persian walnut or English walnut is species of walnut tree indigenous to Southwest China and the Himalayas. More interesting though is that the J. Regia tree is also a rich source of various psychoactive alkaloids. Sounds pretty cool huh?
This is a new-age stimulant that Olympus Labs has a custom extract of to include in Conqu3r Unleashed. Early feedback on this extract indicates that it gives incredible long-lasting energy and tunnel-vision focus.
Update, February 15, 2015: We’ve found the research stating that J. Regia extract contains 2-amino-5-methylheptane amongst other aliphatic amines. We believe that this may be the ingredient standardized for in this extract, although we can’t be certain.
We discuss this in more detail on our DMHA post, where we discuss the differences between 2-amino-5-methylheptane (found in this walnut tree extract) and 2-amino-6-methylheptane (DMHA). The 2-amino-5 version found in J. Regia is stronger yet far more expensive, which would explain the higher cost of CONQU3R Unleashed.
Other research into the extract has shown that it may be beneficial for treating diabetes and lowering cholesterol and lipid levels.[18,19]
We are calling on Olympus Labs to disclose what exact stimulant they are pulling out of Juglans Regia, so that we know what we’re getting.
Our last stimulant included in Conqu3r Unleashed is the beta adrenergic, Higenamine (the “weaker ephedrine”). Like all beta agonists in the body, higenamine exerts a mild stimulatory effect when used in isolation.
Where it really shines, though, is when it’s used in conjunction with caffeine and other stims. Higenamine increases production of noradrenaline, which stimulates the “fight or flight” response in the body and leads to improved focus and concentration. It also has the added benefit of mobilizing stored fat for use as energy!
Maximum Absorption Matrix
BioPerine® is the incredibly popular patented black pepper extract used to enhance the absorption and utilization of all the various ingredients included in a pre workout.
With such a massive dose of ingredients included in Unleashed, you’ll want some insurance to make sure your body makes the most of all of the goodies included.
With the new version of Conqu3r, we’re also graced with four all-new flavors. Those new flavors are: Lemon Rox, Krushed Kandy, Strawngberry Kiwi, and Maniacal Mango.
We’ve tasted the Krushed Kandy flavor already, thanks to Olympus sending us a sample for a blind pre-review on the product, and it’s a BIG step up in terms of deliciousness compared to the Conqu3r Demigod edition.
Mike has also tried Lemon Rox, which is an incredible lemon ice flavor – great if you don’t want the added colors!
The DemiGod version of CONQU3R is all over our best pre workout supplement buyer’s guide for a reason: it delivers EVERYTHING you’d want in a pre workout. The new Unleashed Version takes the dominance of DemiGod and cranks it up yet another notch.
Olympus Labs talked a big game before releasing this, and they beyond delivered. Conqu3r Unleashed is the real deal.
Next time we go to update our guide, you’ll no doubt find Conqu3r Unleashed spread throughout the guide. Once again, Olympus Labs delivers another stellar product that fulfills all your wants and desires and primes you for an amazing workout.
Make sure to grab a tub of this as soon as you can, and also make sure to get the best deal by checking the widget below!
Conqu3r Unleashed - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Gaggino R, Delfino C, Menichetti G, Odaglia G, Metabolic aspects of anaerobic lactaid maximal sport performances. Effect of treatment wit Creatinol O-Phosphate. Medicina dello sport. 1984; 37: 85-92.
- De Gasperi R, Giusti V, Rapelli S, Matriadonna C. Influenza del creatinolo o-fosfato sulla contrazione muscolare aspettin biochimica. Archivio Medicina interna. 1981; 3: 351-358
- Curis E., et. al; “Citrulline and the gut;”; Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care; September 2007
- Hickner RC. et. al.; Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise; “L-citrulline reduces time to exhaustion and insulin response to a graded exercise test;“
- Moinard C., et. al.; The British Journal of Nutrition; “Dose-ranging effects of citrulline administration on plasma amino acids and hormonal patterns in healthy subjects: the Citrudose pharmacokinetic study;” April 2008
- Hoffmann, E.K., I.H. Lambert, and S.F. Pedersen, Physiology of cell volume regulation in vertebrates. Physiol Rev, 2009. 89(1)
- Glanbia Nutritionals, Inc; HydroMax: a better glycerol for sports nutrition; NewHope360; 2014
- van Rosendal, S; Guidelines for glycerol use in hyperhydration and rehydration associated with exercise.; School of Human Movement Studies, The University of Queensland; 2010
- Wingo, J; Influence of a Pre-Exercise Glycerol Hydration Beverage on Performance and Physiologic Function During Mountain-Bike Races in the Heat; University of Connecticut, Department of Sport, Leisure, & Exercise Science; 2004
- Kalman, D; A clinical evaluation to determine the safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of an inositol-stabilized arginine silicate dietary supplement in healthy adult males.; Nutrition & Endocrinology Miami Research Associates; 2014
- Lu Y, Christian K, Lu B; BDNF: a key regulator for protein synthesis-dependent LTP and long-term memory . Neurobiol Learn Mem. (2008)
- Acute supplementation with alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine augments growth hormone response to, and peak force production during, resistance exercise.
- Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine administration increases the GH responses to GHRH of young and elderly subjects.
- Effect of L-alpha-glyceryl-phosphorylcholine on amnesia caused by scopolamine.
- Ismet, Ara, et al; “Evaluation of Antimicrobial Properties of Two Different Extracts of Juglans regia Tree Bark and Search for Their Compounds Using Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrum”; International Journal of Biology; Vol. 5, No. 2; 2013; Retrieved from http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijb/article/view/25651/15862