Ready to become a living legend? This all natural anabolic muscle-building supplement takes a few of our favorite older ingredients, mixes them with the new, and makes for something we think will be legendary…
Inspired Nutraceuticals has made it their mission to develop not only scientifically based products, but also powerful and unique formulas. This has been no clearer than with their other products DVST8 White Cut (now one of our best pre workouts) and the fat burner, KOR Lipolytic Ignitor.
Per their Facebook page, Inspired Nutra has also done a lot of research on Eastern medicine and is mixing the best of both worlds with some of the best natural ingredients around that are highly bioavailable for the body and just flat out work!
That leads us to today’s supplement, the brand’s all-natural muscle building supplement, LGND. It’s one of the more unique natural anabolics you’re going to encounter, and it has high doses of some of our favorite ingredients – alongside some new stuff too.
As you’ll see, this formula hits so many nails that athletes, bulkers, and dieters alike all can benefit:
- Testosterone boosting
- Lower cortisol
- Lower myostatin
- Increase cAMP
- Improved Cell uptake
- Increases ATP (18% claimed)
Before we get to the rundown, take a brief moment to check the best deal and sign up for alerts from PricePlow:
LGND - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
LGND is a truly unique all-natural anabolic supplement that combines several ingredients you’re well acquainted with yet never seem to have been assembled in quite this way. As with all of Inspired Nutra’s products, LGND is 100% transparently dosed.
KSM-66® Ashwagandha Extract (600mg)
No other herb is perhaps as well known or studied as the ancient Ayurvedic herb, Ashwagandha (a.k.a. Withania Somnifera). Most know of and use the herb for its adaptogenic qualities which include stress and cortisol reduction, or for its ability to increase serum levels of Luteinizing Hormone (LH), Testosterone, while lowering levels of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH), which improves semen quality in men.
But, did you also know it has performance boosting qualities? Several clinical trials have shown that ashwagandha enhances energy levels as well as muscle mass and strength![2,3] Other research has shown that Ashwagandha may even significantly increase ATP![15,16]
This is a highly underrated ingredient in muscle builders and pre workouts overall, but maybe we’ll start to see it show up a bit more down the road once it gains more of a name as a proven workout booster.
Aquamin™ Soluble Seaweed (300mg)
Aquamin™ is all natural multi-mineral compound derived from the cytoskeleton of the red algae Lithothamnion spp. We know what you’re thinking, what is my sushi wrapper doing in a muscle builder?
Well, a number of studies have been conducted on the seaweed extract for its effects on performance as well as strength. It’s no secret that intense exercise causes sweating, but one of the drawbacks of sweat is that we lose tons of valuable electrolytes and minerals through our sweat. One of the vital minerals we lose is calcium, which plays a prominent role in bole growth and development.
Eventually, losing too much calcium through high intensity exercise will induce the body to leach calcium from the bone. Researchers found that supplementing with Aquamin™ prior to extremely long endurance events was able to attenuate increases of PTH (parathyroid hormone) and CTX (both bone resorption markers) which are key markers in studying bone loss.
And quite frankly, your muscle are nothing without bone strength, and vice versa. It is truly the foundation of your body, and is worth researching how well you’ve been taking care of yours. Weigh tlifting improves bone density, which improves body composition. But can you help the process move along faster?
Everyone’s joints eventually wear down from exercise and start to become achy and walking even becomes a pain. However, supplementing with Aquamin may counteract that. A 2009 study found that it was consuming Aquamin increased range of motion and walking distances in subjects with osteoarthritis of the knee and may allow for them to wean themselves off of NSAID.
Green Tea Extract (200mg)
Green tea extracts are typically standardized for the catechin EGCG for its numerous health benefits and fat burning abilities. However, a very important muscle-building compound is also found in these potent leaves: (-)epicatechin.
Inspired Nutra’s particular extract in LGND has been standardized to 90% epicatechin! We covered this particular ingredient in great depth before in our mega-article: Epicatechin – The Dark Force Behind Dark Chocolate. If you want ALL the gory details on what makes this such a magnificent natural anabolic head over there, but as a quick overview epicatechin has been shown to:
- Increased muscle growth and strength[7,8]
- Improved glucose tolerance
- Increased endurance]
- Delayed onset of fatigue
- Boosted nitric oxide production
After we published the epicatechin article linked above, there have been more and more successful studies with this, as well as cocoa flavonols in general (see next ingredient). We are likely still only scratching the surface, but we’re very confident that 200mg of epicatechin has several benefits worth using for natural athletes.
Cocoabuterol® Cocoa Extract (100mg)
This isn’t the first time Cocoabuterol® has shown up in an Inspired Nutra product. We also encountered it in their stellare pre workout DVST8 White Cut as well as KOR Ignitor, the brand’s fat burner. Cocoabuterol® is a patented ingredient derived from cocoa extract that contains several powerful compounds including EGCG, N-Coumaroyldopamine, N-Caffeoyldopamine, and Theobromine.
Cocoabuterol has been shown to be a powerful β2 adrenoceptor agonist, which is beneficial for muscle growth and fat loss; however, it was never quite understood why exactly. More recent studies though have found that β2 agonists increase fatty acid oxidation (beneficial for fat burning), as well as the Myostatin promoter. FYI, myostatin is a negative regulator of muscle mass, meaning the more myostatin present, the less anabolic environment you’re in. However, an absence or repression of Myostatin shows a positive correlation with hypertrophy and force production.[12,13]
A legit Compound 20 OG Formula Replacement!
We’re huge fans of these ingredients due to how well they worked in the original Compound 20 formula by USPLabs. If you’ve been looking for such a formula, you need to try LGND (but if you’re looking for it in a fat burner, that’s where KOR Lipolytic Igniter comes in).
Some people simply respond freakishly well to N-Coumaroyldopamine and N-Caffeoyldopamine.
AstraGin™ is a patented combination of highly fractionated astragalus and panax notoginseng developed by NuLiv Science. It’s infrequently used around the industry, especially in pre workouts and muscle-builders, but research has shown that AstraGin™ is extremely useful for increasing the bioavailability and absorption of ingredients commonly found in the supplements, such as citrulline.
Basically, including Astragin™ helps your body get the most “bang for the buck” from the included ingredients in LGND by making sure you absorb every last milligram of muscle-building goodness.
More ATP Increases
Ashwagandha isn’t the only ingredient that can boost ATP — AstraGin also claims an 18% increased ATP production!
Consume 2 capsules prior to your workout. On off-days, take two capsules at the same time you’d be working out.
This product does not require post cycle therapy. While KSM-66 can boost testosterone, it is not to the effect that would require cycling.
This brand is on fire. Inspired Nutra takes some of our favorite natural old school ingredients from the original Compound 20 formula, and mixes them with some of our favorite new school ingredients like KSM-66 and epicatechin – a great way to make worlds collide.
Building muscle takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Sure you can eat right and exercise hard, but sometimes you need a little extra “oomph” to get past a stalling point. For some of us, sometimes something just seems to be “missing” — this can be extremely frustrating, especially if you’re trying to do it as naturally as possible. The cocoabuterol ingredient oftentimes kicks things up the next notch for many of us, and we’re already in love with ashwagandha and epicatechin.
And this is where Inspired Nutra’s LGND comes into play. The unique combination of performance maximizers and endurance boosters will push you past the threshold and open up a new world of gains. Paired alongside DVST8 White Cut, this should make a 1-2 punch that no plateau will want to encounter!
LGND - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A Prospective, Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Safety and Efficacy of a High-Concentration Full-Spectrum Extract of Ashwagandha Root in Reducing Stress and Anxiety in Adults. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. 2012;34(3):255-262. doi:10.4103/0253-7176.106022.
- Wankhede S, Langade D, Joshi K, Sinha SR, Bhattacharyya S. Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2015;12:43. doi:10.1186/s12970-015-0104-9.
- Shenoy S, Chaskar U, Sandhu JS, Paadhi MM. Effects of eight-week supplementation of Ashwagandha on cardiorespiratory endurance in elite Indian cyclists. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine. 2012;3(4):209-214. doi:10.4103/0975-9476.104444.
- Barry DW, Hansen KC, Van Pelt RE, Witten M, Wolfe P, Kohrt WM. Acute Calcium Ingestion Attenuates Exercise-induced Disruption of Calcium Homeostasis. Medicine and science in sports and exercise. 2011;43(4):617-623. doi:10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181f79fa8.
- Frestedt JL, Kuskowski MA, Zenk JL. A natural seaweed derived mineral supplement (Aquamin F) for knee osteoarthritis: A randomised, placebo controlled pilot study. Nutrition Journal. 2009;8:7. doi:10.1186/1475-2891-8-7.
- Grassi, D; Short-term administration of dark chocolate is followed by a significant increase in insulin sensitivity and a decrease in blood pressure in healthy persons.; Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, University of L’Aquila; 2005
- Michael A. Pearen, James G. Ryall, et. al. The Orphan Nuclear Receptor, NOR-1, Is a Target of β-Adrenergic Signaling in Skeletal Muscle. Pearen et al. 147 (11): 5217
- 18. C. Zhang. C. McFarlane. Inhibition of myostatin protects against diet-induced obesity by enhancing fatty acid oxidation and promoting a brown adipose phenotype in mice. Diabetologia (2012) 55:183–193.
- GetAstraGin.com; “Astragin The Ultimate Absorption Enhancer;”
- Ahmad, M. K.; Mahdi, A. A.; Shukla, K. K.; Islam, N.; Rajender, S.; Madhukar, D.; Shankhwar, S. N.; Ahmad, S. (2010). “Withania somnifera improves semen quality by regulating reproductive hormone levels and oxidative stress in seminal plasma of infertile males“. Fertility and Sterility 94 (3): 989–996. doi:10.1016/j.fertnstert.2009.04.046.PMID 19501822
- NuLivLifestyle; “AstraGin FAQ”; http://www.nulivlifestyle.com/astragin_faq.php