Olympus Labs has been quite busy lately, cranking out several new releases in 2016. Amazingly, the quality and innovativeness of each product hasn’t declined one drop – a statement especially true for their focus and mood enhancing supplement, ELIX1R.
What is ELIX1R?
ELIX1R is marketed as a productivity supp that features a mix of stimulant and nootropic ingredients to increase focus, cognitive ability, as well as elevate mood. This is definitely not a category many supplement companies dabble in, so it’ll be very interesting to see how it performs.
We’ve come to know the Demigods at Olympus Labs for their innovative and jam-packed formulas (such as the TR1UMPH muscle builder and CONQU3R Unleashed pre workout supplement), so we’re definitely excited to see what they’ll do next.
ELIX1R - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
ELIX1R is a powdered supplement that is currently available in only one flavor, Majestic Red. It’s described as an apple cinnamon which is certainly a unique flavor that you don’t often see from many companies. More on the reviews later, but they’ve been positive so far!
Olympus Labs is well known for formulating supplements with a full slate of effective ingredients at clinical doses and ELIX1R is no exception. It contains a total of six ingredients broken down into two matrices: the Extreme Energy, Focus, Euphoric Mood, & Cognitive Hyperdrive Igniting Matrix and the Secret Elixir Of Total Sensory Elevation blend – a mouthful there.
Time after time, you’re going to notice that Elix1r is just loaded with “feel-good” ingredients.
Here’s the breakdown of the two matrices, but note serving sizes are for two scoops, and we’d recommend you start at just one scoop. Most users won’t need a full two.
Extreme Energy, Focus, Euphoric Mood, & Cognitive Hyperdrive Igniting Matrix
The lengthy name of the matrix says it all – there’s focus, mood, and energy inside:
Galantamine is a nicotinic receptor agonist, a substance that promotes the action of acetylcholine in the central and peripheral nervous system. The enhancement of nicotinic receptor activity has been known to influence memory and intellectual activity. It has a lengthy half-life — 7 hours — so its effects can last quite a while.
Although Galantamine is not a new substance, it’s rarely found in supplements because it’s a relatively expensive compound. This is quite the shame because Galantamine is a very potent and effective nootropic ingredient. It’s an alkaloid found in nature in the bulbs of Wild Argentinian Amaryllidaceae, a type of perennial.
In addition, it seems to work extremely well in ELIX1R when combined with the adaptogen and other nootropic ingredients. An initial tester of ELIX1R who had previously used all the ingredients in ELIX1R in other formulas except for Galantamine, reported a distinct increase in cognitive ability where they were thinking more clearly. Even if that experience is not solely attributable to Galantamine, it is likely a large contributor and a welcome addition to the formula.
Finally, those who like the ingredient will no longer have to fumble with bulk powder which can be difficult to accurately measure.
The one issue is that higher doses of drugs containing galantamine hydrobromide (ie 16mg/day) may cause nausea – but that’s twice the maximum dose you’d get with ELIX1R, and it only affected 2% of users.
Caffeine Anhydrous (300mg)
Caffeine needs no introduction — it’s the most common stimulant for the simple reason: it is effective.
Caffeine produces higher dopamine levels in areas of the brain that are linked to “attention”, which result in increased focus, mental alertness and energy. With the increase in focus and attention, it’s not surprising that caffeine’s also been found to improve short term memory.
In addition, caffeine has also been found to improve mood, which most of us feel. A randomised, double-blind, study with endurance cyclists who ingested caffeine (6 mg kg⁻¹ BM) one hour prior to exercise reported elevated mood compared to placebo.
Remember, the 300mg caffeine is for two scoops. Start with just one.
Bacopa Monnieri (450mg)
Bacopa monnieri is part of a class of substances called adaptogens that reduce stress and regulate hormone levels that are out of line. This often results in an increase in mood and energy.
Bacopa interacts with the dopamine and serotonergic systems, but its main mechanism involves the promotion of neuron communication.[8,9] Studies have shown supplementation with bacopa monnieri can improve cognition and speed of attention. In addition to its cognitive enhancing properties, it can elevate mood and reduce cortisol levels.
Sensoril® Withania Somnifera (125mg)
Sensoril® Withania Somnifera is a proprietary, multi-patented, standardized extract of Ashwagandha. Similar to Bacopa, it’s an adaptogen that can reduce fatigue and stress/anxiety, and ultimately feels quite good.
Sensoril® also improves the levels of the corticosteroid hormones in the body’s which reduce cortisol and increase DHEA. Cortisol is associated with the body’s response to stress while DHEA is an anti-aging hormone that provides energy and vitality.
Sensoril® has been clinically tested to boost energy which helps to promote emotional uplift as well as an enhanced mood. Furthermore, the body does not become habituated to Ashwagandha so you will not have to worry about increasing the dosage over the long term to produce a sustained benefit.
Secret Elixir Of Total Sensory Elevation (1.8g)
The second matrix in ELIX1R contains three ingredients: AlphaSize® A-GPC, Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL and J.Regia. Each have separate focus and mood-elevating benefits which provide an experience Olympus Labs describes as downright euphoric.
As the word “secret” may indicate, this part of the formula is a proprietary blend, but it’s a serious 1.8g with just three ingredients (and the last one isn’t needed to be dosed that high), leading us to believe that the dosing is going to work out well.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) as the name suggests is a carnitine molecule bound to an acetyl group. ALCAR is considered a nootropic supplement due to its neurological benefits. Clinical studies have shown supplementation with ALCAR can significantly improve memory and reduce mental fatigue.[12,13]
Different forms of carnitine have different purposes. But when it comes to mood, focus, and even endurance, ALCAR is the one to get.
We enjoy doses between 1-1.5g the most. Given that it’s the first ingredient in a 1.8g prop blend, we’re confident we’ll get there (or will be close enough).
Alpha-GPC is an acetylcholine precursor found in the brain that’s linked to healthy cognitive function. Supplementation with Alpha-GPC increases levels of acetylcholine in the body that ultimately lead to increases in focus and attention.
Alpha-GPC can also inhibit hypothalamic somatostatin release and therefore decrease the secretion of GH-release hormone (GHRH). Since our natural GH production declines as we age, minimizing the loss will mitigate age associated cognitive decline.
There are several other benefits not relevant to the product, but worth mentioning – earlier this year we wrote about a new study showing that higher doses of alpha GPC increase strength for athletes too. We’re still learning about the wonderful things this provider of choline can bring.
Olympus Labs uses a patented extract in ELIX1R, AlphaSize® A-GPC.
Regarding dosing – 250mg is where things start feeling good, 500mg is where you really notice it, and 600mg is the current clinical dose for strength increases. We’re thinking this is somewhere between 250-500mg.
Regia is a source of various psychoactive alkaloids and Olympus Labs uses a custom extract of it in ELIX1R. J. Regia can provide extreme energy, but also has potent focus and mood elevating benefits.[15,16,17]
We believe, but cannot confirm, that Olympus Labs is primarily getting the compound 2-amino-5-methylheptane here. Although it may be structurally similar to octodrine (2-amino-6-methylheptane), do not confuse the two – the version here from J. Regia is stronger and requires a lower dose, yet is more expensive to produce/extract.
Olympus Labs claims it provides a much “cleaner” energy than octodrine or similar stimulants. Furthermore, J.Regia is a more concentrated and pure extract so less is required to achieve the desired effect.
Olympus Labs also uses J. Regia in their popular pre-workout, CONQU3R UNLEASHED and their new fat burning supplement, IGNIT3. Obviously, Olympus Labs highly regards the ingredient… as do we.
If you want more research on this class of stimulants, read our post on 2-amino-6-methylheptane / DMHA, but note that this article primarily discusses the version that’s not from J. Regia, so you’ll have to infer a few things as the compounds are slightly different.
Olympus Labs certainly didn’t cut any corners in ELIX1R, especially with more expensive ingredients like Galantamine, J.Regia, and Sensoril®. They are legit dosed and we don’t expect this product to be “cheap”.
The true value will lies with the efficacy of the product, and in that regard, we can’t see how ELIX1R won’t deliver on its promises with this balanced blend of stimulants, mind-boosting ingredients, and adaptogens!
For instance, the Bacopa monnieri and Sensoril® will serve as a counterbalance to the caffeine and J.Regia, while working synergistically to elicit an intense focus without a jittery feeling or associated crash.
Who is this for and not for:
The beauty of a product like ELIX1R is that there are almost no limitations to its use, the only one being you will want to avoid use too close to bedtime and don’t mix with other stimulant products.
Both males and females can take this, so long as they do not have a pre-existing medical condition. Remember, J. Regia contains an aliphatic amine which is not approved for anyone with cardiovascular conditions or on SSRIs, MAO inhibitors, or other prescription drugs. Always see your doctor before starting a supplement program.
What are the key uses for ELIX1R?
- Ditch that boring cup of coffee in favour of ELIX1R, no matter what time of day you drink it. ELIX1R will provide superior focus and energy than coffee alone and will taste better to boot.
- CONQU3R Unleashed Stim-Free at your discretion! ELIX1R will work great as a non-pump pre-workout on leg day or before a cardio session. Or, if you want pumps, add some
- The focus, mood elevation and cognitive enhancement will be perfect for students looking for a study aid or before class to ensure you absorb all that valuable information.
- Those out in the working world will benefit from ELIX1R as well because who wouldn’t want a boost in productivity and may even help you get that coveted promotion.
Gamers: Get in Here!
There is one more group that is likely to really enjoy the effect ELIX1R provides… Gamers.
Many devote a considerable amount of time to gaming and seek multiple ways to enhance the experience. It’s actually now quite common for hardcore gamers to use stimulants and/or nootropic supplements to increase their attention and focus to enhance the gaming experience. ELIX1R will undoubtedly elevate the gaming experience to another level.
If you’re a gamer and you’ve never used any ingredients inside, get ready to get floored.
Drug Tested Athletes?
Everything we’ve ever wanted in a focus supplement, all in one tub.
Furthermore, at the time of press, ELIX1R does not contain any ingredients that are on the WADA banned list of substances. So as of right now (March 2016), competitive athletes can use it freely, although we believe that both J. Regia and its sibling, DMHA, will be banned from sport sooner than later.
Always check with your governing body at the start of each year/season and cross-reference every ingredient you take in every supplement with the banned list! This is YOUR responsibility, not ours!
Following up on the gaming market, the closest competitor to ELIX1R is Chaos and Pain’s Aggro, which is also targeted to gamers. We love C&P, but right now, we believe that the upgraded ingredients of J.Regia make this an unfair fight.
We’ve always loved ALCAR as our favorite form of L-Carnitine for focus, although Aggro has N-Acetyl Tyrosine that we like (yet we’re not sure on the agmatine, which we don’t ever “feel” for focus but love for workout pumps).
Meanwhile, we’re on the fence with ELIX1R’s galantamine / bacopa vs. Aggro’s Oxiracetam / Noopept since we haven’t tried galantamine yet. Both are exotic mixes.
But regardless, this formula is insanely unique and warrants trying at least once if you need some smooth, controlled focus that isn’t jittered out. You can’t go wrong with either Aggro or ELIX1R, but our first try is with Olympus Labs.
Olympus Labs recommends you start with one scoop to assess your tolerance level prior to increasing to two scoops. It is not advisable to exceed two scoops in any 24 hour period. Prior to using ELIX1R, bear in mind that two scoops contains 300mg of caffeine along with other mood and focus boosting ingredients.
So be aware of your tolerance for stimulants and select the dose of ELIX1R accordingly. If you are very stim-tolerant, stay at two scoops as there is little benefit to exceeding the amount in one serving of ELIX1R. Remember, there’s a new stimulant in here (from J. Regia) that needs to be used responsibly.
Since ELIX1R is a relatively new supplement there are not many reviews available. However, there have been some feedback from initial testers.
Initial testers have described the cinnamon flavor as being more prominent and having a slight spice to it, actually comparing the taste to the heart shaped cinnamon candies sold around Valentine’s Day. With a review like that, there is likely to be as much love for the flavor as there will be for the impressive formula.
In addition of the flavoring mentioned above, anecdotal feedback on its performance thus far indicates ELIX1R provides a very “smooth and clean” energy without any feeling of overstimulation. Another tester commented that they were thinking more clearly after using ELIX1R and were more productive at work, even at half a serving.
Wow. This is basically everything we’ve ever wanted in a focus supplement, all in one tub.
The concept of a productivity supplement may be too tempting for most of us with fast paced lifestyles to resist. Also, the fact that ELIX1R can be used by athletes and non-athletes alike makes it a very unique offering from Olympus Labs who is typically known for their muscle-building supplements.
This product is sure to be a hit with students and gamers who will likely benefit most from the focus and cognitive enhancement from ELIX1R.
We feel that the world is waiting to discover Olympus Labs. We’re not sure what it’ll take for them to become a household (or gym-hold) name, but they are ready for the next level.
With the reputation the DemiGods has established for producing well dosed and effective supplements, there should be little hesitation to try ELIX1R. In fact, based on the formula and the initial feedback it may be a safe bet to stock up before it’s backordered – it looks that good.
ELIX1R - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Galvin JE et al; “Effects of galantamine on measures of attention: results from 2 clinical trials in Alzheimer disease patients with comparisons to donepezil”; Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord; 2008 Jan-Mar;22(1):30-8; Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18317244
- Aisen, Paul S., Jeffrey Cummings, and Lon S. Schneider; “Symptomatic and Nonamyloid/Tau Based Pharmacologic Treatment for Alzheimer Disease;” Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Medicine; 2.3 (2012); Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3282492/
- Ortiz, Javier, et al; “Wild Argentinian Amaryllidaceae, a New Renewable Source of the Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitor Galanthamine and Other Alkaloids”; Molecules; 2012, 17, 13473-13482; Retrieved from http://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/17/11/13473/pdf
- Janssen Pharmaceutica Products; “Trademark (Galantamine HBR) Extended-Release Capsules”; 2005; Retrieved from https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2004/021615lbl.pdf
- Borota, D, et al; “Post-study caffeine administration enhances memory consolidation in humans”; Nature Neuroscience; 17, 201–203; 2014; Retrieved from http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/v17/n2/full/nn.3623.html
- Backhouse SH et al; “Caffeine ingestion, affect and perceived exertion during prolonged cycling”; Appetite; 2011 Aug; 57(1):247-52; Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21605608
- Benson S et al; “An acute, double-blind, placebo-controlled cross-over study of 320 mg and 640 mg doses of Bacopa monnieri (CDRI 08) on multitasking stress reactivity and mood”; Phytother Res.; 2014 Apr; 28(4):551-9; Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23788517
- Vollala, Venkata Ramana, Subramanya Upadhya, and Satheesha Nayak; “Enhanced dendritic arborization of hippocampal CA3 neurons by Bacopa monniera extract treatment in adult rats”; Rom J Morphol Embryol 2011, 52(3):879–886; Retrieved from http://www.rjme.ro/RJME/resources/files/520311879886.pdf
- Vollala, Venkata Ramana, Subramanya Upadhya, and Satheesha Nayak; “Enhancement of Basolateral Amygdaloid Neuronal Dendritic Arborization Following Bacopa Monniera Extract Treatment in Adult Rats”; Clinics 66.4 (2011): 663–671; Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3093798/
- Kongeaw C et al; “Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract”; J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-35; Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24252493
- Sensoril; “Sensoril® Ashwagandha Nutraceutical Provides a Healthy, Long-Lasting Energy Alternative to Stimulant-Based Quick Fixes”; December 28, 2012; Retrieved from http://sensoril.com/601/consumers-increasingly-prefer-healthy-long-lasting-energy-from-ashwagandha-instead-of-stimulant-based-quick-fixes/#more-601
- Oudheusden LJ et al; “Efficacy of carnitine in the treatment of children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder”; Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids; 2002 Jul; 67(1):33-8; Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12213433
- Vermeulen RC et al; “Exploratory open label, randomized study of acetyl- and propionylcarnitine in chronic fatigue syndrome”; Psychosom Med. 2004 Mar-Apr; 66(2):276-82; Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15039515
- Ceda GP et al; “Alpha GPC Enhances Growth Hormone Function”; Horm Metab Res.; 1992 March; 24(3):119-21; Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1577400
- Almonte-Flores, Dulce Carolina et al. “Pharmacological and Genotoxic Properties of Polyphenolic Extracts of Cedrela Odorata L. and Juglans Regia L. Barks in Rodents.” Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine : eCAM 2015 (2015); Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25945104
- Hosseini S, et al; “Effects of Juglans regia L. leaf extract on hyperglycemia and lipid profiles in type two diabetic patients: a randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial”; J Ethnopharmacol; 2014 Mar 28; 152(3):451-6; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24462785
- Ismet, Ara, et al; “Evaluation of Antimicrobial Properties of Two Different Extracts of Juglans regia Tree Bark and Search for Their Compounds Using Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrum”; International Journal of Biology; Vol. 5, No. 2; 2013; Retrieved from http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijb/article/view/25651/15862