Bodybuilding fans around the world are eagerly awaiting the release of the film CT Fletcher: My Magnificent Obsession. To help compound on the popularity of “The Iron Addict,” iSatori has developed a pre workout whose name is outlandish as the person it’s named after.
CT Fletcher’s Pre Workout, ISYMFS (It’s Still Your Mother F’n Set!) is the newest pre workout from iSatori that promises muscle, performance, and strength. CT and iSatori made this for one purpose, to make anyone who uses it a “sidewalk cracking, card-carrying IRON ADDICT!”
What does CT Fletcher and the gang at iSatori have in store for us?
The short story is that it looks like a decent energy pre workout, but we’re confused at the lack of pump ingredients. There’s one new ingredient that may make up for that, though.
We’ll get to the long story in just a second, but first, take a second to check the best deal and sign up for PricePlow alerts:
CT Fletcher ISYMFS - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
ISYMFS is transparently dosed, so you know just how much of each performance powering supplement you’ll be getting. ISYMFS can either be a 1-scoop or 2-scoop pre workout, amounts listed here are for a single scoop. Are you a 1-scooper, or are you a true IRON ADDICT!
Below are the doses at one scoop:
Max Force Strength Complex (3.58g)
CarnoSyn® Beta Alanine (1.2g)
ISYMFS kicks things off with one of the most well-known ergogenic ingredients used today, beta alanine. It increases the carnosine levels in your muscle, which helps “buffer” lactic acid buildup caused by doing the high volume workouts CT is synonymous with. This powerful amino helps eliminate that “burning sensation” that sets in mid-set and boosts your endurance, power, and strength.[2,3]
To get the clinically-researched benefits of BA, research shows you need to get 3.2g worth. Even if you’re taking 2 scoops of ISYMFS, you’ll still want to add some bulk BA to get enough in.
Creatine Monohydrate (1g)
Creatine mono doesn’t need much of an introduction. It’s been the “gold standard” in terms of the various types of creatine because it flat out WORKS!
Study after study shows it’s effective for increasing power, strength, endurance, and body composition.[4,5,6,7,8] With only a gram of creatine per scoop (so far), this doesn’t get us to the recommended 3-5g/day, but we’re not done with the ingredients yet.
Betaine Anhydrous (750mg)
Betaine, a.k.a. trimethylglycine, works in conjunction with creatine to enhance the its production in the body and overall ATP production.[9,10]
Aside from helping out creatine, betaine improves power, strength, endurance and hydration.[11,12,13]. This leads to all around better workouts which ultimately translates into more muscle!
The best studies show that 2.5g betaine/day is where the gains are at — but we’re still not sure if it provides additional benefits on top of creatine, or simply works the same. Either way, when taking 3-5g creatine per day, we’re still happy to get any and all betaine in just in case.
Creatine HCl (500mg)
In addition to monohydrate, ISYMFS also contains creatine HCl. Supposedly it has better absorption and bioavailability over monohydrate, which hasn’t been proven yet. Many love this form because it doesn’t cause any bloating or GI distress.
However, no research exists to substantiate any of these claims, which we would have expected to see by now.
This also brings the total creatine content to 1.5g for 1 scoop or 3g for 2 scoops. So depending on how much of ISYMFS you are taking, you’ll want to add some extra mono to get hit your daily needs.
Developed by FutureCeuticals, elevATP® is a patented, proprietary combination of a water extract of “ancient peat” (fossilized plants) and apple extract. elevATP® works with the body to stimulate more ATP production, leading to increased energy without the use of stimulants.
One study has found that 150mg dose of elevATP® “increases intracellular ATP in blood cells.” To see the full benefits of this new ingredient, you’ll most likely have to 2 scoop ISYMFS.
We haven’t tried elevATP, but we will say that we’re quickly becoming huge fans of the 200-400mg of Peak ATP in other products. Hopefully this can do something similar!
Psycho-Active Energy Complex (725mg)
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (250mg)
N-Acetyl-Tyrosine (NALT) is the more bioavailable, and expensive, form of L-Tyrosine. It increases the production of two important neurotransmitters, dopamine and noradrenaline. Aside from decreasing your stress and anxiety, NALT also improves focus and cognition.[15,16]
This is a pretty tame dose, as we usually like to see 500-1000mg to really help foster that “tunnel-vision” focus.
Choline Bitartrate (250mg)
Choline supplements help to increase focus and foster a strong “mind-muscle” connection during your workouts. Choline bitartrate is one such form, but it’s one of the cheaper forms of Choline CDP (citicoline), which usually require higher doses to elicit the same benefits.
250mg is a decent dose, to really “feel” that connection and focus enhancement in your workout, you’ll probably be better off with 2 scoops, which gives 500mg.
Aside from focus enhancement, choline can improve endurance and weight loss due to it increasing the concentration of betaine in the body.[17,18]
Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg)
No pre workout is complete without caffeine, but CT isn’t content with just one form of caffeine. ISYMFS is for the serious IRON ADDICT and to get serious, you need not one, not two, but THREE forms of caffeine!
Our first form is caffeine anhydrous. By now, you know caffeine is effective in improving performance and focus, so we won’t waste more space talking about it. We’ve still got two forms of caffeine to go!
Caffeine Citrate (37.5mg)
The second form of caffeine comes by way of caffeine citrate, or Cafcit. It’s made by fusing caffeine anhydrous with citric acid monohydrate and sodium citrate dihydrate. Cafcit works by the same mechanisms that caffeine does, it just hits a whole lot faster!
Cafcit does contain a smaller percentage of caffeine compared to anhydrous though, about 1:2 ratio of caffeine to citrate. Basically, if this were your only source of caffeine, you’d need relatively large doses to see the same effects as regular caffeine, luckily, this is only our second of three forms.
Infinergy™ Dicaffeine Malate (25mg)
Developed by Creative Compounds, Infinergy™ is our third and final form of caffeine. Dicaffeine Malate is a combination of caffeine and malic acid that yields about 75% caffeine by volume. Many claim Infinergy™ to be less harsh on the stomach due to malate’s buffering capabilities.
Whereas anhydous and citrate provide hard-hitting, fast energy, dicaffeine malate provides a smooth, long-lasting release that helps sustain you through your workout and offset any potential crash afterwards.
Also known as theacrine, TeaCrine® is structurally structure to caffeine, and is actually created from caffeine in certain plant species. Current studies point to it exhibiting similar effects and benefits.
Additionally, theacrine acts on your dopamine and adenosine receptors. This will provide an additional boost in mood and overall energy level similar to caffeine, but much more sustained and without the tolerance buildup![21,22]
Ingredient Absorption Enhancer
BioPerine® Black Pepper Extract (2.5mg)
BioPerine® is a most widely used patented black pepper extract in supplements today. It’s used to increase the bioavailability of various minerals and nutrients and should aid in the absorption of these compounds. Seeing all the ingredients in ISYMFS, you’ll need this to make sure your body is absorbing each and every ergogenic aid.
ISYMFS comes in one of four flavors: Blue Razz, Fruit Punch, Watermelon, and Mango Breeze. Knowing how unconventional CT is, we expected to have a few more interesting flavors. Instead, we get 3 “standard” flavors and one intriguing one.
Where are the pumps????
For a guy who prides himself on ARM DAY, where are the pumps in here? You might get some elevATP, but is that enough? There are no nitric oxide boosters at all? Why not?!
As an FYI, this will be a Bodybuilding.com exclusive supplement. Our system will notify you when the deals go down or new coupons come out – sign up below.
iSatori and CT Fletcher have certainly served up a pre workout that certainly contains some of the most effective performance enhancing ingredients around, but we have to wonder about the dosing. In order to get effective doses of most of these ingredients, you’ll need to use at least 2 scoops of the product. While that might be ok for some, the caffeine content will be too high for many.
Additionally, having to 2-scoop a pre workout also drives up the price point, meaning you’ll get about half as many doses as are listed on the tub.
Overall, seems like a decent little 1.5 scooper for energy, but is going to come down to the price tag and waiting on deals and BOGOs. Cost is going to be an issue, especially if most people need to stack in a stimulant-free pump supplement.
CT Fletcher ISYMFS - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Baguet, A et al.; Journal of Applied Physiology; “Important role of muscle carnosine in rowing performance;” July 2010;” 2005
- Roger C. Harris; et al.; “The effect of a supplement containing β-alanine on muscle carnosine synthesis, ventilatory threshold and exercise capacity in Korean cyclists, during 12 weeks combined endurance and weight training
- Kendrick IP, et al. The effects of 10 weeks of resistance training combined with beta-alanine supplementation on whole body strength, force production, muscular endurance and body composition. Amino Acids. (2008)
- Netreba, A; Creatine as a metabolic controller of skeletal muscles structure and function in strength exercises in humans.; Ross Fiziol; 2006
- Bemben, M; The effects of supplementation with creatine and protein on muscle strength following a traditional resistance training program in middle-aged and older men.; Neuromuscular Lab, Dept. Health & Exercise Science, U. Oklahoma; 2010
- Chilibeck, P; Effect of creatine ingestion after exercise on muscle thickness in males and females.; College of Kinesiology, University of Saskatchewan; 2004
- Hoffman, J; Effect of creatine and beta-alanine supplementation on performance and endocrine responses in strength/power athletes.; Dept. of Health and Exercise Science, The College of New Jersey; 2006
- Anomasiri, W; Low dose creatine supplementation enhances sprint phase of 400 meters swimming performance.; Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University; 2004
- Sanchez-Margalet V, Valle M, et al. Elevated plasma total homocysteine levels in hyperinsulinemic obese subjects. J Nutr Biochem 2002;13, 75-79.
- Hoffman JR, Ratamess NA, et al. Effect of 15 days of betaine ingestion on concentric and eccentric force outputs during isokinetic exercise. J Strength Cond Res 2011;25, 2235-2241.
- Courtenay ES, et al. Vapor pressure osmometry studies of osmolyte-protein interactions: implications for the action of osmoprotectants in vivo and for the interpretation of “osmotic stress” experiments in vitro. Biochemistry. (2000)
- Cholewa, J; Effects of betaine on body composition, performance, and homocysteine thiolactone.; Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport Studies, Coastal Carolina University; 2013
- Lee EC, et al. Ergogenic effects of betaine supplementation on strength and power performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. (2010)
- Deijen JB, Orlebeke JF; Effect of tyrosine on cognitive function and blood pressure under stress . Brain Res Bull. (1994)
- Dollins AB, et al; L-tyrosine ameliorates some effects of lower body negative pressure stress . Physiol Behav. (1995)
- Elsawy, G; Effect of Choline Supplementation on Rapid Weight Loss and Biochemical Variables Among Female Taekwondo and Judo Athletes. J Hum Kinet 40 (2014)
- Penry, J; Choline: An Important Micronutrient for Maximal Endurance-exercise Performance? Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 18.2 (2008)
- Cauli, O; Subchronic caffeine exposure induces sensitization to caffeine and cross-sensitization to amphetamine ipsilateral turning behavior independent from dopamine release.; Department of Toxicology and Centre of Excellence for Neurobiology of Dependence, University of Cagliari; 2008
- Li, W; Theacrine, a purine alkaloid obtained from Camellia assamica var. kucha, attenuates restraint stress-provoked liver damage in mice.; Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Natural Products, Jinan University; 2013
- Feduccia, A; Locomotor activation by theacrine, a purine alkaloid structurally similar to caffeine: involvement of adenosine and dopamine receptors.; Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, University of California at San Francisco; 2012