Whenever we come across a new supplement from The Genius Brand we know we’re in store for a product that’s well dosed, effective, and creatively unique.
We’ve enjoyed their brain (and strength) boosting stim-free pre workout (Genius Pre Workout), and know that whenever a new supplement drops from the brand it’s almost certainly going to pack some hefty nootropics as well. The newest product from The Genius Brand is no different.
Genius Joy was designed for athletes, gamers, professionals, and everyone in-between that wants to avoid toxic and overbearing pharmaceutical drugs in order to find a way to find happiness in a more natural and calming way.
In other words, Genius Joy is your personal cheat code to a more relaxed and enjoyable life!
We’ve got all the info on Genius Joy down below, but before we get there, take a moment to check the best deal and sign up for PricePlow alerts:
Genius Joy - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Genius Joy Ingredients
As we’ve seen with all supplements from The Genius Brand, Genius Joy is once again 100% transparently labeled, and contains some robust doses of several proven mood and cognition enhancing ingredients.
S-Adenosyl-L-methionine (SAMe) is a molecule present in all living cells that serves as a precursor to methylation, transsulfuration, and aminopropylation. It’s also important for the synthesis of several key neurotransmitters in the brain including dopamine and serotonin, the “happy” neurotransmitters.
SAMe improves cognition by supporting acetylcholine production and has been shown to be as effective as prescription antidepressants for battling depression.
If you’ve ever looked at other SAMe supplements, you’ll note that they are expensive, so don’t be surprised when you see the price tag on Genius Joy. This cost keeps many from using it, but it gets absolutely fantastic reviews for those who need it most.
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (350mg)
Readers of the PP blog know we’re big fans of Tyrosine. It’s a potent nootropic that we’ve covered extensively before in our mega-post L-Tyrosine vs. N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: A Tale of Two Tyrosines.
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is an “enhanced” form of tyrosine that is more water-soluble than regular L-Tyrosine and can cross the blood-brain barrier due to its acetylated structure. It’s required for the production of dopamine, noradrenaline (norepinephrine), and adrenaline (epinephrine) and serves to enhance focus, move, and overall brain function.
In truth, we’re more in favor of L-Tyrosine, which has been shown to be superior to NALT, but there are those out there who have experienced better results with NALT, and the Genius team is one of them. With nootropics, individual biochemistry and metabolization of compounds plays a huge role in gauging a particular compound’s effectiveness.
Rhodiola rosea is one of the most well studied and widely used adaptogens on the planet. Rhodiola5Plus® is a trademarked extract of the herb standardized to 3% rosavins and 2% salidrosides – and it’s important to know if your rhodiola rosea extract is providing these two important constituents (if the label doesn’t say so, then don’t expect it to be as strong).
Rhodiola helps the body deal with all manner of emotional, psychological, and physical stressors. In other words, supplementing with rhodiola prevents you from feeling down or overly stressed during those particularly hectic times in life. Rhodiola also combats mental fatigue and has been shown to enhance cognitive function, memory, and even athletic endurance.[5,6]
Panax Ginseng (250mg)
Ginseng is an herbal remedy heavily used in various Asian cultures for the treatment and prevention of various diseases. Research into the plant shows its particularly effective for reducing fatigue, inducing calmness, elevating mood, and even increasing reaction time.[7,8] As an added bonus, some studies have noted that ginseng regulates blood sugar levels and reduces appetite.
HTPurity® is yet another patented ingredient included in Genius Joy, this one is standardized to contain 98% pure 5-HTP. If you’re not familiar with 5-HTP, it’s a compound derived from the amino acid L-Tryptophan, which subsequently converts to serotonin.
Often times, 5-HTP is used to improve sleep, combat stress, and alleviate anxiety, which is why it’s included in Genius Joy.[10,11] Due to the compound’s ability to increase serotonin production, it’s particularly effective for enhancing mood and preventing depression. Moreover, 5-HTP is not present in any foods, which makes supplementing with it even more important if you’re prone to bouts of feeling down in the dumps.
NeuroFactor is a patented extract derived from the fruit of whole coffee bean. The landmark double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study, found that NeuroFactor increased levels of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) by 143%.[12,13] Even more important, is that this was study was conducted in HUMANS.
By the way, BDNF is a protein active in the brain, CNS, and peripheral nervous system that plays an essential role in in neuron development and repair. It is also effective in protecting against neurodegeneration. BDNF supports memory, learning, alertness, mood and energy metabolism.
The final component of Genius Joy’s mood-elevating formula is TheaKalm, a natural form of L-Theanine that promotes relaxation and calm. Aside from helping you avoid feelings of stress, this powerful amino acid also has been shown to enhance mental alertness and attention.
Vitamin D and B-Vitamins
Last but certainly not least, The Genius Team has put in a great full-spectrum dose of both Vitamin D and B-Vitamins to keep energy production high and help give your brain and body the compounds it needs to perform the biological reactions so that you don’t get “stuck in the mud”. Many of the products and drinks we take contain plenty of B-Vitamins, but 1000IU of Vitamin D can make a serious difference, especially when your multivitamin doesn’t have enough.
On the Formula
”We approached Genius Joy from a “biohacker” standpoint — formulating in the same manner (branded ingredients, proper doses) we do with all of our products, but geared toward a much broader audience. We wanted to develop a product that would help Fortune 500 CEOs but still benefit our fitness competitors on a daily basis. We wanted to make something that improved quality of life. Depression & anxiety seem to be growing issues within our society (Time just did a big cover on it) and we just wanted to our to help.”
— Genius HQ
Consume 1 capsule on an empty stomach upon waking. Assess comfort prior to lunch, and if you are comfortable, take an additional capsule on an empty stomach. Continue this regimen for 3 days to assess tolerance and increase to an optimal dosage of 2 capsules upon waking and 2 capsules in the afternoon on an empty stomach..
For best results, use for 60 days.
We expected The Genius Brand to deliver something wonderful, and they did. Not many supplement brands use SAMe in their formulas — and definitely not at this dose — because of the cost. But those who have the budget for it absolutely love it, and we’re extremely excited to give it a whirl.
For those times when life just seems to have you in a funk or you know it’s going to be one hell of a stressful day, Genius Joy is there to help you find your happy place. With Joy at the ready, you’ll avoid those nasty prescription drugs and be on your way to a happier, healthier you that all-natural way.
Genius Joy - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Bottiglieri T. S-Adenosyl-L-methionine (SAMe): from the bench to the bedside–molecular basis of a pleiotropic molecule. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002;76(5):1151S-7S. http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/76/5/1151S.full
- Bressa GM. S-adenosyl-l-methionine (SAMe) as antidepressant: meta-analysis of clinical studies. Acta Neurol Scand Suppl. 1994;154:7-14. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7941964
- Mischoulon D, Fava M. Role of S-adenosyl-L-methionine in the treatment of depression: a review of the evidence. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002;76(5):1158S-61S. http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/76/5/1158S.long
- Topall G, Laborit H. Brain tyrosine increases after treating with prodrugs: comparison with tyrosine. J Pharm Pharmacol. 1989;41(11):789-791. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2576051
- Khanum F., et. al.; Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety; “Rhodiola rosea: A versatile Adaptogen;” 2005
- Shevtsov VA, et al; Phytomedicine; “A randomized trial of two different doses of Rhodiola rosea extract versus placebo and control of capacity for mental work;” 2003
- Reay JL, Scholey AB, Kennedy DO; Panax ginseng (G115) improves aspects of working memory performance and subjective ratings of calmness in healthy young adults . Hum Psychopharmacol. (2010)
- Attele AS, et al; Antidiabetic effects of Panax ginseng berry extract and the identification of an effective component . Diabetes. (2002)
- Reay JL, Kennedy DO, Scholey AB; Single doses of Panax ginseng (G115) reduce blood glucose levels and improve cognitive performance during sustained mental activity . J Psychopharmacol. (2005)
- Shell W, et al; A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of an amino acid preparation on timing and quality of sleep . Am J Ther. (2010)
- Emanuele E, et al; An open-label trial of L-5-hydroxytryptophan in subjects with romantic stress . Neuro Endocrinol Lett. (2010)
- Reyes-Izquierdo, T., Nemzer, B., Shu, C., et al. (2013). Modulatory effects of coffee fruit extract on plasma levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in healthy subjects. British Journal of Nutrition. https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/modulatory-effect-of-coffee-fruit-extract-on-plasma-levels-of-brain-derived-neurotrophic-factor-in-healthy-subjects/8B291E8D053143AA5A8D33B65496B034/core-reader
- Futureceuticals. (2012). NeuroFactor Increases Plasma Levels of BDNF in Humans. http://docdro.id/kJEfIt7