There’s comes a point in nearly everyone’s life when it’s time to start dieting and embrace a hard cut. For most lifters, that time is right about now, a few months before it’s beach season.
Most people will use a combination of reduced calories and a few stimulant based fat burners to help shed the weight. But that leaves a period of 8-10 hours that you’re not using a fat burning product (the time you sleep) to help metabolize even more fat.
Magnum Nutraceuticals has solved that problem with a new nighttime stimulant-free fat burner that keeps your body in shred mode even while you sleep. Magnum After Burner will have your body in thermogenic overdrive during those crucial hours of sleep so that you wake up lighter than when you went to bed.
The label is just below, but first, make sure to sign up for PricePlow alerts and check the best deal:
After Burner - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
After Burner Ingredients
So, if we’re not using things like caffeine or yohimbe, what’s igniting the fat burning engine in your body? After Burner uses a combination of ingredients that forces your body to burn its stored fat for energy, thereby inhibiting fat storage (the enemy).
Note: Doses described below are based on one full serving (three capsules).d
Sesamin is the most well known lignan contained in sesame seeds. Sesamin is helpful in curbing appetite, inhibiting cravings, and most important of all stimulating PPAR (peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors).[1,2]
Why is this important?
Activating these PPAR receptors activate genes that promote fat utilization and deactivate fat storage. Research has demonstrated fatty acid oxidation increases 10-280% with Sesamin supplementation.
Here’s where After Burner’s magic starts to alter your metabolism from a fat-storing one, to a fat burning one.
Hops P.E. (250mg)
Anyone who’s indulged in a delicious craft beer has noted the wonderful flavor that are hops. Little did you realize those 12 oz bottles of bubbly goodness actually contained a potent fat burning compound — and they can help you sleep better too!
Hops extract possesses the unique ability to ignite thermogenesis in brown adipose tissue (brown fat), which helps your body prevent fat accumulation. New research has even shown that consuming hops extract reduces body fat, particularly the abdominal visceral fat, in overweight and obese subjects.
Lastly in terms of weight loss, hops not only prevent your body from storing fat and reducing it, it can actually inhibit your body from absorbing fat in the intestines. Less fat absorbed means less calories absorbed by the body, which leads to more weight loss.
In our Best Sleep Aid guide, where Magnum’s sleep supplement G-Spring ranks high thanks to its higher-than-average dose of melatonin, we also note that several studies have shown that Hops improves sleep quality as well! Not only that, but they help you fall asleep faster. Unfortunately, most hops sleep studies combine it with valerian root,[17,18,19,20,21,22] which we know helps with sleep, but the solo hops study is extremely promising for anyone who tosses and turns.
This mechanism works through the brain’s GABA receptors,[23,24,25] and interestingly, GABA has recently been introduced to the weight loss market as well. The benefits start to come full circle here.
Anyway, more time sleeping means less time eating and more time recovering – everything a hard-working dieter needs.
Fucoxanthin Extract (50mg)
Fucoxanthin is a carotenoid found predominantly in seaweed that’s been studied for a variety of benefits in regards to weight loss and glucose metabolism. Several studies on the carotenoid demonstrate it has the ability to simultaneously improve carbohydrate metabolism, as well as increase GLUT4 expression in skeletal muscle.[6,7]
Basically, this means the carbs you are consuming are shuttled to your muscles, where they belong, and not to those trouble spots like your waist, hips, and glutes.
Additionally, fucoxanthin directly impacts through its ability to act s a beta-3 adrenergic agonist it white adipose (fat) tissue. Stimulating white fat then increases activity of Uncoupling Protein 1 (UCP1) which indirectly boosts your metabolic rate. Over time, this leads to a higher metabolic rate and decreased body fat.
Grains of Paradise Extract (40mg)
Grains of Paradise, also known as Aframomum melegueta, has traditionally been used as a spice in the culinary arts. However, it’s also been used increasingly as an effective non-stimulant fat burning ingredient.
Clinical studies have found evidence that extracts from the spice significantly increase energy expenditure and accelerate the loss of brown fat.[10,11] Increased energy expenditure means more calories are burned each day (and night!), which results in greater weight loss and visibly reduced visceral fat.
Oleoylethanolamide (OEA) is a molecule produced by the body that helps you feel full after a meal. It’s also another PPAR activator included in After Burner. OEA activates PPAR in the intestines, which ultimately influences the brain’s governing role in food intake.[13,14]
Ultimately, consuming less food and feeling fuller sooner are both beneficial on a cut where calories are at a premium, as is satiety. Not having those nagging hunger pangs in between meals will go a long way to keeping you on your weight loss track and get your to your ideal physique that much sooner.
Piperine 95% Extract (5mg)
Black pepper extracts are nothing new to most supplement users. Piperine is the active alkaloid in black peppercorns that give it its well-known absorption enhancing properties.
Piperine inhibits the body’s metabolization of the other various extracts included. This means that the important fat burning ingredients stay active longer in the body and therefore, enhance their effectiveness.
To maximize your fat burning potential while you get those crucial 8-10 hours of sleep, consume 3 capsules right before bedtime.
A stimulant free fat burner is nothing new to the market. We see them all the time.
What is new to the market is a uniquely effective stim-free fat burner that has some new ingredients to the table, and might help you sleep better to boot. There’s a lot of things to be excited for here. Magnum’s newest creation puts it a head above the competition as After Burner contains compounds proven to inhibit fat accumulation and accelerate fat burning.
Normally we love to “feel” stimulant-based fat burners, often from their stimulants or added focus ingredients. In this case, the “feel” is going to come in terms of sleep-enhancing hops, which we’re really excited to see in a nighttime product. It’s not used often enough, not even in many sleep aids!
To have the ultimate shredding combo, consider pairing After Burner with one of Magnum’s other potent stim-based fat burners, such as Heat Accelerated, for all day-fat burning. If you like to keep it stimulant-free, try Magnum’s Carne Diem to keep L-Carnitine and choline levels high for more focused weight loss!
After Burner - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Ashakumary L, et al; Sesamin, a sesame lignan, is a potent inducer of hepatic fatty acid oxidation in the rat . Metabolism. (1999
- Ide T, et al; Comparative study of sesame lignans (sesamin, episesamin and sesamolin) affecting gene expression profile and fatty acid oxidation in rat liver . J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). (2009)
- Morimoto-Kobayashi Y, Ohara K, Takahashi C, et al. Matured Hop Bittering Components Induce Thermogenesis in Brown Adipose Tissue via Sympathetic Nerve Activity. Sun Q, ed. PLoS ONE. 2015;10(6):e0131042. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0131042.
- Morimoto-Kobayashi Y, Ohara K, Ashigai H, et al. Matured hop extract reduces body fat in healthy overweight humans: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled parallel group study. Nutr J. 2016;15(1):25. doi:10.1186/s12937-016-0144-2.
- Yajima, H., Noguchi, T., Ikeshima, E., Shiraki, M., Kanaya, T., & Tsuboyama-Kasaoka, N. et al. (2005). Prevention of diet-induced obesity by dietary isomerized hop extract containing isohumulones, in rodents. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord, 29(8), 991-997. doi:10.1038/sj.ijo.0802965
- Hu X, et al; Combination of fucoxanthin and conjugated linoleic acid attenuates body weight gain and improves lipid metabolism in high-fat diet-induced obese rats . Arch Biochem Biophys. (2012)
- Maeda H, et al; Anti-obesity and anti-diabetic effects of fucoxanthin on diet-induced obesity conditions in a murine model . Mol Med Report. (2009)
- Maeda H, et al; Fucoxanthin from edible seaweed, Undaria pinnatifida, shows antiobesity effect through UCP1 expression in white adipose tissues . Biochem Biophys Res Commun. (2005)
- Abidov M, et al; The effects of Xanthigen in the weight management of obese premenopausal women with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and normal liver fat . Diabetes Obes Metab. (2010)
- Fu J, et al; Oleylethanolamide regulates feeding and body weight through activation of the nuclear receptor PPAR-alpha . Nature. (2003)
- Escher P, et al; Rat PPARs: quantitative analysis in adult rat tissues and regulation in fasting and refeeding . Endocrinology. (2001)
- Franco, Lourdes et al. “The Sedative Effect of Non-Alcoholic Beer in Healthy Female Nurses.” Ed. Georges Chapouthier. PLoS ONE 7.7 (2012); Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3399866/
- Morin, C; Valerian-hops combination and diphenhydramine for treating insomnia: a randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial.; Sleep. 2005 Nov;28(11):1465-71; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16335333
- Schmitz, M; Comparative study for assessing quality of life of patients with exogenous sleep disorders (temporary sleep onset and sleep interruption disorders) treated with a hops-valarian preparation and a benzodiazepine drug; ; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9757514
- Dimpfel, W; Sleep improving effects of a single dose administration of a valerian/hops fluid extract – a double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled sleep-EEG study in a parallel design using electrohypnograms.; Eur J Med Res. 2008 May 26;13(5):200-4; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18559301
- Koetter, U; A randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, prospective clinical study to demonstrate clinical efficacy of a fixed valerian hops extract combination (Ze 91019) in patients suffering from non-organic sleep disorder.; Phytother Res. 2007 Sep;21(9):847-51.; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17486686
- Ross, S; Sleep disorders: a single dose administration of valerian/hops fluid extract (dormeasan) is found to be effective in improving sleep.; Holist Nurs Pract. 2009 Jul-Aug;23(4):253-6; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19574763
- Salter, S; Treating primary insomnia – the efficacy of valerian and hops.; Aust Fam Physician. 2010 Jun;39(6):433-7; Retrieved from http://www.racgp.org.au/download/documents/AFP/2010/June/201006salter.pdf
- Zanoli, P; Pharmacognostic and pharmacological profile of Humulus lupulus L.; J Ethnopharmacol. 2008 Mar 28;116(3):383-96; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18308492
- Aoshima, H; Effects of beer and hop on ionotropic gamma-aminobutyric acid receptors.; J Agric Food Chem. 2006 Apr 5;54(7):2514-9; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16569037
- Zanoli, P; Evidence that the beta-acids fraction of hops reduces central GABAergic neurotransmission.; J Ethnopharmacol. 2007 Jan 3;109(1):87-92; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16920300