Note: This post has been updated to reflect the 2017 formula changes.
To build muscle, a few things are required. You need hardcore training, plenty of protein, heavy lifting, and testosterone!
If you have low T-levels, all your hard work in the gym and strict diet will be all for naught. Another thing working against you is Father Time. Once you hit 30, testosterone levels start to taper off big time.
Is there any hope for those over 30 still wanting to build muscle?
The answer is YES and it comes courtesy of Blue Star Status!
We recently started talking to Blue Star Nutraceuticals, and while we’re loving their delicious intra-workout supplement, AminoFast (see YouTube review here), their real pride and joy as of late has been Status.
Status - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Who wants to elevate their Status?
If you’ve been clinically diagnosed with low testosterone levels, you can opt for hormone replacement therapy. Unfortunately, for the rest of us, we been subjected to tons of herbal supplements that promise to boost T-levels, but all it does is boost the bank accounts of the supplement makers.
Things are about to change though with Status. Blue Star uses scientifically backed ingredients proven to naturally boost male testosterone levels to send you back to the glory days of your early 20s!
The Blue Star Status Benefits
Here’s what to expect when you take Status:
More lean muscle mass
Leaner, more defined physique
Increased power and strength
Turbocharged sex drive
Greater strength and power
Improved circulation for better workouts and erections
What are these ingredients that comprise Status? Find out below as we peel back the label.
Blue Star recently updated Status’ label; not only have they opened up the label by fully disclosing all of the active ingredients, but they’ve also tweaked the formula a good bit to make Status even more of a potent natural testosterone booster!
KSM-66® Ashwagandha (600mg)
KSM-66® is a superior quality Ashwagandha extract developed by Ixoreal over the course of 14 years. Ashwagandha is an well-known adaptogenic herb that reduces feelings of anxiety and stress.
It’s also been shown to improve semen quality by increasing serum levels of Luteinizing Hormone (LH), while decreasing levels of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH).
To help fuel your muscle gains, ashwagandha also helps lower cortisol levels in the body. As you know, cortisol is incredibly catabolic and having chronically elevated levels can stunt testosterone production, thereby inhibiting anabolism. To make the most gains from your gym time, it’s crucial to keep cortisol in check!
Note: Mike and CJ are testing another supplement with 600mg KSM-66, and it’s the only ingredient that may boost test levels in that product. They will be posting both before and after blood tests!
Longjack Extract 100:1 (300mg)
Longjack goes by many names in the supplement world, the two most commonly seen, other than Longjack, are Eurycoma Longifolia and Tongkat Ali. It’s an age-old extract used to improve libido and boost T-levels.
Longjack extracts come in all forms of standardizations, some good, some not so much. Blue Star however uses the best there is with an actual 100:1 standardization of Longjack.
The science behind Longjack is pretty substantial and documents a plethora of benefits including: improved body composition, hormone regulation, and improved sexual health.[3,4,5]
The dose used here is also a considerable step up from the previous version of Status which wasn’t disclosed and listed as the second ingredient out of five in a 546mg prop blend.
Blue Star isn’t messing around with the new Status! If you need to learn more, read our article titled Tongkat Ali: Get your Long Jack Back.
3, 3’-Diindolylmethane (108mg)
3, 3’-Diindolylmethane, DIM, is the main bioactive component of indole-3-carbinol, I3C. Think of it as a more “refined” ingredient that gets right to the source of activity. DIM is found in all types of cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli and typically used as an estrogen blocker and aromatase inhibitor.
DIM has a couple mechanisms of action, all of which result in reduced estrogen levels. This different methods include: stimulating Phase I enzymes activating AhR in order to get more “good estrogen” and less “bad estrogen” and increasing 2-hydroxyestrone (good estrogen).
TestoSURGE® (Trigonella foenum – graecum) (100mg)
TestoSURGE® is also known as Testofen and is a Fenugreek extract powder. What’s different about this herbal supplement compared to all the other ones you’ve seen in other natty test boosters?
Well, in a clinical study involving resistance trained men[9,10,11,12] the test group showed the following results:
- Increase in creatine uptake by muscles
- Decrease in body fat
- Increased immunity
- Increased anabolic activity and libido
- HIGHER TESTOSTERONE LEVELS
Aside from Testofen, Longjack increases erectile strength and frequency.[13,14] You better put the wife on notice once you start using Status!
You’re all quite familiar with ZMA — the combination of Vitamin B6, Magnesium, and Zinc commonly used as a nighttime sleep aid. Blue Star includes the ZMA complex to round out the formula to help facilitate the production of more testosterone. Anyone who has used ZMA supplements in the past would be familiar with the benefits of having these minerals added to their supplement arsenal.
The XD (Extreme Delivery) Technology encompasses Piper Nigrum (Black Pepper), Fumarate, and Succinate to increase the absorption of the other ingredients in Status by the body.
- Finally, Vitamin B6, Magnesium, and Zinc round out the formula to help facilitate the production of more testosterone. Anyone who has used ZMA supplements in the past would be familiar with the benefits of having these minerals added to their supplement arsenal
Is it safe?
Absolutely! Status is not a pro-hormone or steroid. It is a scientifically formulated herbal supplement comprised of only proven natural ingredients. There is no need to worry about cycling off of Status or suffering through any nasty side effects.
Take 3 capsules of Status™ in the morning with or without food.
If you’re over the age of 30, or stressed and find yourself struggling to “get in the mood,” turn to Status to renew yourself. You’ll feel like you did back in the glory days of your early 20s when hormones were raging and your anabolic potential was at an all time high!
Are you going to have steroid-like gains? Of course not. This isn’t that kind of product. But are you going to feel some serious alpha status here? We believe so, and the reviews back that up.
How do I get Status?
See the price comparison widget below. You can also stay up to date with the following:
- Sign up for price drop notifications by clicking Monitor this Brand on our Blue Star Nutraceuticals page. If there’s ever a price drop, our system will catch it.
- You can also sign up for price updates and deal alerts in the widgets above or below
Stay on the lookout for sitewide supplement coupons.
Either way, your link to Blue Star’s Status is below. Stay in touch, we don’t write about testosterone enough, and that should all change!
Status - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Ahmad, V., Abbasi, M., Zubair, M., Fatima, N., Farooq, U. and Choudhary, M. Iqbal. (2004), Phosphodiesterase-Inhibiting Glycosides from Symplocos racemosa. HCA, 87: 67–72. doi: 10.1002/hlca.200490018
- Wankhede et. al., 2006 “Effect of Testofen on safety, anabolic activity and factors affecting exercise physiology.”
- Steels, E., Rao, A. and Vitetta, L., 2011. Physiological Aspects of Standardized Trigonella foenum-graecum Extract and Mineral Formulation. Phytotherapy Research, Vol. 25, 1294–1300.
- Effects of TESTOSURGE supplementation on strength, body composition and hormonal profiles during an 8-week resistance training program
- Effects of a Purported Aromatase and 5 α-Reductase Inhibitor on Hormone Profiles in College-Age Men Effects of a Purported Aromatase and 5 α-Reductase Inhibitor on Hormone Profiles in College-Age Men
- Ang HH, Ikeda S, Gan EK; Evaluation of the potency activity of aphrodisiac in Eurycoma longifolia Jack . Phytother Res. (2001)
- Ang HH, Cheang HS; Effects of Eurycoma longifolia jack on laevator ani muscle in both uncastrated and testosterone-stimulated castrated intact male rats . Arch Pharm Res. (2001)