There are three pillars to a healthy, fit lifestyle — diet, exercise, and sleep. Most people are so focused on the first two, that they often neglect the third and equally crucial aspect that is rest and recovery.
Meanwhile, with so many active users drinking coffee, energy drinks, pre workouts, or taking fat burners, we’re often a bit too wound up from the day and have trouble putting ourselves down early enough.
To help you get a better night’s sleep, Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals has created the ultimate sleep aid to ensure you always get a restful night’s sleep. Get ready, because this stuff is strong!
Somatomax is a powerful sleep aid that in addition to promoting greater rest, also helps support healthy neurotransmitter levels and natural Growth Hormone production.
More info on Somatomax is below, but first, take a second to check the best deal and sign up for alerts from PricePlow:
Somatomax - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Somatomax’s formula is a proprietary blend of six key ingredients that’ll be sure to knock you out for good, no matter how much trouble you may have falling asleep.
Proprietary Blend (14g)
You may know this better by it’s more common moniker — Phenibut. There’s a good chance that this is exactly why you’re here, so we need to discuss both sides:
Phenibut is an extremely powerful, yet sometimes addicting sleep aid that was originally developed in Soviet Russia to treat anxiety, depression, and insomnia. Phenibut is a GABA analogue that functions as a CNS depressant. The reason it’s so effective is that Phenibut crosses the blood-brain-barrier to get its work done.
In addition to being a powerful sleep aid, it’s also used for its ability to provide a relaxed, but sharp feeling.
There’s no question how well it works in so many people. However, phenibut can be extremely addictive[1,2] for some, and said to have awful withdrawal symptoms for many. This is why you need to take caution when using it, and we don’t recommend Somatomax (or any sleep aid with Phenibut) for nightly use.
Typically, Phenibut is dosed starting around 250mg and individuals work their way up from their — up to a full gram and beyond, but that’s when things can potentially get a bit hairy for those with addictive potential.[4,5]
While the amount isn’t disclosed, it’s leading off a 14g blend, which means it’s present in significant amounts. We reached out to Hi-Tech for clarification, and though they didn’t give us the exact amount, they did say this phenibut dose is between 2-3g!
This is quite the heaping dose of Phenibut, so it’s best advised to start with a ½ scoop of Somatomax — especially if you have a hard time getting up in the morning!
Gamma aminobutyric acid
Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA for short) is the most prominent inhibitory neurotransmitter in the body. GABA is heavily associated with encouraging sleep, so it’s no surprise Hi-Tech includes it as the second most heavily dosed ingredient in Somatomax.
GABA supplementation has been shown to increase alpha waves and decrease beta waves, which is exactly what we want for a long, restful sleep. Alpha waves are the “deep relaxation” waves in the brain, while the beta waves are associated with reasoning and consciousness. So basically, being “more alpha” is good for a better night’s rest!
Mucuna Pruriens (standardized 50% L-Dopa)
Mucuna Pruriens, a.k.a. velvet bean, is commonly used as a means for boosting Growth Hormone (GH) due to its primary active component L-Dopa. While increased GH production is great while we sleep, there’s another benefit to having L-Dopa included in Somatomax.
It helps reduce stress via lowering cortisol levels, and may provide some sedative abilities if taken during the day, both of which lend to an easier time falling asleep at night.
More than anything else though, the greater GH production is where the real bang for your buck is with Mucuna!
We’re not trying to get a nitric-oxide boosting pump going while we sleep, though that we would be perfectly cool! No, the reason L-Arginine is included in Somatomax is that it’s been deemed a stellar “anti-aging” amino acid in some research journals who have stated: “the anti-aging benefits of l-arginine show promises greater than any pharmaceutical or nutraceutical agent ever previously discovered.”
The same team of researchers also noted that individuals supplementing with Arginine experienced much deeper sleep as well as reduced stress and nervousness. Other studies using Arginine have noted increased GH released by means of suppressing somatostatin release.
Tyrosine is an amino acid most often seen in pre workouts for its ability to improve focus — this is due to tyrosine’s ability to increase catecholamines in the brain, including dopamine, norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and epinephrine (adrenaline).[11,12]
Studies also give evidence that tyrosine helps reduce stress, due to these increased neurotransmitters.[13,14] We all know that when we’re stressed, it’s difficult to get a good night’s sleep. Incorporating a solid dose of Tyrosine will help ease your worries so you can slip into a deeper sleep faster at night.
Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid required for the synthesis of tyrosine. As we just discussed, more tyrosine leads to more “feel good” chemicals in the brain including dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine.
As a Tyrosine precursor, Phenylalanine has been shown to improve mood and used in the treatment for depression. Additionally, other studies have documented a significant GH release from phenylalanine supplementation that’s independent of the pathways used by Arginine. More GH is always a good thing!
Unlike most sleep aids which are in capsule form, Somatomax comes as a powder, which means we get something tasty to sip on before settling down for bed! In total, you’ll have three flavors to choose from including:
- Lemon Drop
- Berry Banana
- Fruit Punch
You can see the prices of these Somatomax flavors in our coupon-powered Price Comparisons below.
Our bodies experience the greatest surge in hormonal output and maximize our recovery and growth when we sleep. As crucial as it is though, sleep is frequently neglected or put off by those who’ll “sleep when they’re dead.” Little do they realize that this is negatively impacting health and fitness goals!
So if you’re having trouble sleeping, you won’t after taking this!
Somatomax is an extremely powerful, and ultra effective, sleep aid that will have you catching some serious Z’s night after night. Be cautious though due to the high phenibut content, and if you’re prone to an addictive personality, it may be best to limit yourself to using this on night’s when you REALLY need to sleep and not use it as an every night crutch.
Somatomax - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Samokhvalov, Andriy V et al. “Phenibut Dependence.” BMJ Case Reports 2013 (2013); Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3604470/
- Magsalin R; Withdrawal Symptoms After Internet Purchase of Phenibut (β-Phenyl-γ-Aminobutyric Acid HCL); Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology: October 2010 – Volume 30 – Issue 5 – pp 648-649; Retrieved from http://journals.lww.com/psychopharmacology/Citation/2010/10000/Withdrawal_Symptoms_After_Internet_Purchase_of.37.aspx
- Lapin, I; Phenibut (beta-phenyl-GABA): a tranquilizer and nootropic drug.; CNS Drug Rev. 2001 Winter;7(4):471-81.; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11830761
- Dambrova, M; Comparative pharmacological activity of optical isomers of phenibut.; Eur J Pharmacol. 2008 Mar 31;583(1):128-34; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18275958
- OlainFarm; Noofen Prescription Product Manual; 2009; Retrieved from http://olainfarm.lv/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Noofen250mgtab_Package-leaflet.pdf
- Abdou, A; Relaxation and immunity enhancement effects of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) administration in humans.; Department of Research and Development, Pharma Foods International Co. Ltd.; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16971751
- Boden, G; Influence of levodopa on serum levels of anterior pituitary hormones in man.; Neuroendocrinology. 1972;10(5):309-15.; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4350777
- Micallef-Roll, J; Levodopa-induced drowsiness in healthy volunteers: results of a choice reaction time test combined with a subjective evaluation of sedation.; Clin Neuropharmacol. 2001 Mar-Apr;24(2):91-4.; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11307043
- ALBA-ROTH J, MÜLLER O, SCHOPOHL J, WERDER K. Arginine Stimulates Growth Hormone Secretion by Suppressing Endogenous Somatostatin Secretion*. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 1988;67(6):1186-1189. doi:10.1210/jcem-67-6-1186.
- Deijen, J; Tyrosine improves cognitive performance and reduces blood pressure in cadets after one week of a combat training course.; Department of Clinical Neuropsychology, Vrije Universiteit; 1999
- Neri, D; The effects of tyrosine on cognitive performance during extended wakefulness.; Naval Aerospace Medical Research Laboratory; 1995
- Deijen JB, Orlebeke JF; Effect of tyrosine on cognitive function and blood pressure under stress . Brain Res Bull. (1994)
- Dollins AB, et al; L-tyrosine ameliorates some effects of lower body negative pressure stress . Physiol Behav. (1995)
- Roise, J. et al. (2005). The Subjective and Cognitive Effects of Acute Phenylalanine and Tyrosine Depletion in Patients Recovered from Depression. Neuropsychopharmacology. Volume 30, Issue 4. (pp. 775-85)