It’s been quite a banner year for the Athlete’s Company.
This, of course, was all after they started releasing lab tests at their MP Sports Science Institute, cleaning up the reputation of their protein powders.
Anyway, in terms of new products, MusclePharm isn’t leaving the rest of the non-BB.com community hanging. They’ve also released the Black Label series, which takes many of their best known products and upgrades them. OxySport Black is the new line’s premium fat burner that certainly packs a healthy hit of energy.
It’s beginning as a GNC exclusive, so the initial launch price is currently out of our range, but over time, we’re hoping to see it pop up on other stores to force some price competition.
We’ll get to the rundown in a second, but take a second to sign up for PricePlow alerts and check the best deal:
OxySport Black - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
OxySport Black Ingredients
Keeping in line with the Hardcore Series, MusclePharm continues to use a completely open label with the new line of products. OxySport Black contains eight transparently dosed ingredients that pack a good mix of energy and fat burning all intended to get you shredded for beach season:
Fat Ignitor & Thermogenic Matrix
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (750mg)
L-Carnitine have been in and out of popularity for several years. Initially they were widely regarded for being beneficial for weight loss and improved athletic performance. It was later discovered that this only applied to those who were deficient in carnitine, namely vegetarians and very old people.[1,2,3].
However, recent research has shown L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (LCLT) can benefit all sorts of individuals, particularly in the area of fat oxidation and muscle recovery.[4,5]. While the research points to needing around a 2g dose to experience the full benefits, of LCLT, you can still expect to see some improved body composition effects from using it.
Sinetrol® XPUR (450mg)
We’ve previously covered Sinetrol®, here on the PricePlow blog before. It’s a patented blend of extracts from various citrus fruits including grapefruit, red orange, and regular oranges.
Sinetrol® acts as a potent PDE-4 inhibitor in the body that increases the amount of cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP) in the body by preventing its breakdown. Research has shown that inhibiting PDE4 counters diet-induced obesity.
Studies on Sinetrol® using 900mg and 1400mg have shown dramatic results in human trials.[8,9] Taking the daily prescribed amounts of OxySport Black will get you exactly 900mg of Sinerol®!
Lipase is an enzyme used by the body to digest the fats in foods so they can be absorbed by the intestines and used by the body. Normally, individuals have enough lipase in their body’s to facilitate this breakdown of fats.
However, some research has emerged showing that supplemental lipase could accelerate weight loss, suppress appetite, and help combat obesity.[11,12]
This is definitely new in terms of fat burner ingredients!
Stamina & Energy Matrix
PURENERGY™ Matrix (250mg)
PURENERGY™ is a patented combination of 43% caffeine anhydrous and 57% pTeroPure® pterostilbene. Everyone knows what caffeine does and how it benefits weight loss and athletic performance. pTeroPure® pterostilbene contains compounds called phytoalexins found in certain varieties of berries. These compounds are isolated and concentrated in pTeroPure can improve cognitive functioning, heart health, and support weight loss.
The combination of these two ingredients provide longer lasting energy, less fatigue, and higher alertness than compared with using caffeine on its own. This is the main energy component to OxySport Black that should keep you on the go while taking in less calories (i.e. energy) during the day.
Choline Chloride (200mg)
Choline chloride is a choline molecule bonded to chloride to enhance the absorption of choline in the body. While many typically think of choline supplementation for its cognitive and brain-boosting benefits, recent research has shown that higher doses (such as 10x what’s included here) can help with weight loss as well.
What’s even better is that the athletes using the choline supplement lost weight while maintaining their strength levels on a caloric deficit!
For the most part, this dose of choline will mostly be helpful for a dash of focus, but not so much the new fat burning benefits in the higher dose studies.
TeaCrine is a trademarked extract containing a 98% concentrated dose of theacrine. Theacrine is similar in structure to caffeine and possesses many of the same effects. The difference between caffeine and theacrine is that the body doesn’t build up a tolerance as it usually does with caffeine.
The end result is that higher and higher doses aren’t needed to keep seeing the same effects. Another benefit of theacrine supplementation is its ability to reduce oxidative stress in the body when used for at least seven consecutive days. Finally, theacrine also mimics caffeine’s mood boosting ability by increasing dopamine levels in the brain.
Appetite Control Matrix
Cinnamon Bark Extract (100mg)
Cinnamon has been receiving a lot of press, especially in diabetic circles for its positive effects on blood sugar regulation. However, you’d have to eat a whole lot of the cinnamon in your spice cabinet to see any benefit.
Cinnamon extracts are purified, highly concentrated forms of cinnamon bark that can increase lean body mass, lower blood glucose levels, and reduce body fat levels.
Capsimax® is a patented, highly concentrated Cayenne Fruit Extract that exhibits traits as a potent fat oxidizer. This extract shows up quite often in fat burners for its ability to increase energy expenditure and oxidize fat.
When used in a capsule, as we see here, it slows digestion and prevents any occurrence of heartburn. No more worries of unpleasant GI distress — Capsimax is encapsulated to slow the digestion and prevent heartburn — so you’re free to enjoy the energy boost and fat shredding benefits of chili peppers.
The official directions are to take one serving (3 capsules) of OxySport Black with 8 oz. of water twice daily. It’s recommended to take your first serving 30-45 minutes before breakfast and the second serving 30-45 minutes before lunch. In order to avoid sleep complications, it’s advised to not take 6 hours prior to bedtime.
However, given the caffeine dosing, we’d probably start with two capsules just to make sure you can handle the stimulant strength first.
We’re glad to see MusclePharm continuing to step up their game through using better doses of proven ingredients and employing fully open labels. While we’re not ready to put OxySport Black in our list of the Best Fat Burners, should enough positive feedback come from the masses, it may just end up there.
But that cost!!
Overall, we’re going to need to see far lower prices than the initial $62.99 for 90 capsule bottle that’s being fetched at launch time.=
Until then, keep checking in on PricePlow for the best deals and the latest news from all your favorite supplement companies.
OxySport Black - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Carnitine status of lactoovovegetarians and strict vegetarian adults and children>
- Carnitine function and requirements during the life cycle
- Malaguarnera M, et al; L-Carnitine treatment reduces severity of physical and mental fatigue and increases cognitive functions in centenarians: a randomized and controlled clinical trial . Am J Clin Nutr. (2007)
- Hongu, N, et. al; “Carnitine and choline supplementation with exercise alter carnitine profiles, biochemical markers of fat metabolism and serum leptin concentration in healthy women>“; The Journal of Nutrition; January 2003
- Volek, JS, et. al; “L-Carnitine L-tartrate supplementation favorably affects markers of recovery from exercise stress“; American Journal of Physiology; February 2002
- Fytexia. (2014). sinetrol®. Retrieved fromhttp://cdn3.rightwaynutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/Clinicals/Thermotrol/sinetrol.pdf
- Chung JH;Metabolic benefits of inhibiting cAMP-PDEs with resveratrol. Adipocyte. 2012 Oct 1;1(4):256-258
- Dallas C, Gerbi A, Elbez Y, Caillard P, Zamaria N, Cloarec M, Clinical study to assess the efficacy and safety of a citrus polyphenolic extract of red orange, grapefruit, and orange (Sinetrol-XPur) on weight management and metabolic parameters in healthy overweight individuals. Phytother Res. (2013)
- Dallas C, Gerbi A, Tenca G, Juchaux F, Bernard FX. Lipolytic effect of a polyphenolic citrus dry extract of red orange, grapefruit, orange (SINETROL) in human body fat adipocytes. Mechanism of action by inhibition of cAMP-phosphodiesterase (PDE). Phytomedicine. 15 (10) 2008
- Cauli, O;Subchronic caffeine exposure induces sensitization to caffeine and cross-sensitization to amphetamine ipsilateral turning behavior independent from dopamine release.; Department of Toxicology and Centre of Excellence for Neurobiology of Dependence, University of Cagliari; 2008
- Li WX, et al.; “Theacrine, a purine alkaloid obtained from Camellia assamica var. kucha, attenuates restraint stress-provoked liver damage in mice.“; J Agric Food Chem.; 2013
- Feduccia A, et al.; “Locomotor activation by theacrine, a purine alkaloid structurally similar to caffeine: involvement of adenosine and dopamine receptors.”; Pharmacol Biochem Behav; 2012
- Janssens, P, et. al; “Acute Effects of Capsaicin on Energy Expenditure and Fat Oxidation in Negative Energy Balance“; July 2013