We’ve always been big fans of iForce Nutrition – even before they were bought by trusted manufacturer Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals… but now they want to take their relationship with consumers to a whole new level. SwoleMate level!
Amino acid supplements, and more specifically BCAA supps, are extremely busy niche of the supplement market. Every company has their own version of it, and for the most part, they’re all more or less the same — lots of flavoring and 5g worth of BCAAs, we hope.
However, iForce Nutrition, looks to separate themselves from the masses with a decked out BCAA product that also aims to power your performance and muscle gains with SwoleMate.
We’ve always loved iForce’s take on intra workout supplements – their COMPETE supplement doesn’t contain free form BCAAs, but does contain super-fast digesting hydrolyzed whey and that lemon drop flavor tastes downright phenomenal. Can they beat it with SwoleMate?
We’ll find out below, but first, take a moment to check the best deal and sign up for alerts from PricePlow:
SwoleMate - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Our SwoleMate Review
Mike and Robert have already put this one to the test! See how they handled the flavoring and how much different the snow cone was!
Though the name can be misleading, SwoleMate is not a pump-based pre workout, but an endurance boosting, BCAA-laden intra workout that will match perfectly with iForce’s soon to debut brand new pre workout.
BCAAs 2:1:1 (7g)
While iForce Finish Line contains a unique 4:1:1 ratio of BCAAs, SwoleMate has included the more common, researched BCAA ratio of 2:1:1. This means each scoop of SwoleMate provides get 3,500mg of Leucine, 1,750mg of Isoleucine, and 1,750mg of Valine.
The 3.5g worth of Leucine is the key here, as it’s the primary activator of the mTOR pathway in the body. This keeps you in a pro-anabolic state throughout your workout, even without chugging some protein pre workout.
BCAAs also provide a source of muscular energy during training, which increase performance and endurance — yielding better workouts and more gains.[2,3]
Why the 2:1:1 ratio?
Some of you may be wondering why SwoleMate utilizes a different BCAA ratio than Finish Line, also made by iForce. We were curious also, so we reached out to iForce to see why:
”Finish line is designed for post workout, so it’s designed to spike MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis) post exercise, hence the higher Leucine content.
SwoleMate uses a 2:1:1 ratio which has more evidence for endurance and performance.” — VaughnTrue
Beta Alanine (1.6g)
SwoleMate’s first performance-enhancing ergogenic is the endurance booster, beta alanine. Each serving provides half of the minimum beta alanine dose (3.2g) to see effectiveness.
Why not include the full 3.2g?
Well, for one, taking that much results in the tingles for most people not already saturated with BA, and two, and more importantly, research demonstrating beta alanine’s endurance enhancing effects uses several smaller doses spread throughout the day to optimize nutrient uptake. When you consume 3.2g or more at once, you’re essentially oversaturating the BA receptors and not absorbing all of it.
Beta Alanine’s effects on endurance are pretty well known, but it’s also proven to increase strength, work capacity, and time to exhaustion.[4,5,6]
The next interesting addition to SwoleMate is the strength-building Betaine, a.k.a trimethylglycine (TMG). Betaine is a metabolite of choline, naturally found in sugar beets, that supports / enhances creatine production in the body.
Betaine also increases power, strength, and endurance.[7,8,9] Additionally, betaine can reduce soreness, something typically associated with the ergogenic.
We’ve got loads more info on betaine, but to avoid going on a wild tangent, see our betaine mega-post for all of your betaine needs!
Citrulline is a proven and effective nitric-oxide boosting ingredient, much more than L-Arginine; however, that’s not the primary reason its here — you’d need 3g minimum to really notice that.
In this case, the gram of L-Citrulline serves to bolster your pre workout dose of L-Citrulline (or Citrulline Malate), and improve your intra-workout endurance, thanks to Citrulline’s role as an intracellular buffer in the body.[11,12]
Our favorite intra workout supplements have a bit of pump ingredients like this — we always love to keep the pumps rolling during weight training sessions.
Vitamin D (1,000IU)
We don’t usually cover the vitamin and mineral content of most supplements, but when Vitamin D is included in the supplement panel, it’s something worth talking about. Simply put, people far and wide are chronically deficient in this fat-soluble vitamin due to spending too much time indoors and not enough time outside.
Low Vitamin D levels are linked to low testosterone levels, as well as elevated estrogen levels. Additionally, men with deficient vitamin D levels also tend to have higher body fat, less muscle mass, lower lower fertility, and greater risk of CVD.
SwoleMate is a welcome ally in keeping you swole, lean, and manly.
On the Formula
”SwoleMate was designed to offset the widespread and unethical underdosing of active ingredient so often found in the intra-workout category. Each ingredient was included to mimic clinical studies showing direct benefits, in an effort to provide users with actual gains, and not just marketing promises. While the formula may appear to be ‘simple’, SwoleMate provides more BCAAs than the competition, along with proven ergogenic training aids, all while staying at the same price point!
SwoleMate is also the first intra-workout product to not only focus on traditional aspects of training like increased endurance and muscle recovery, but to also provide efficacious doses of key ingredients to positively influence hormones like testosterone. This makes SwoleMate not only the most effectively dosed intra-workout, but the best training partner anyone can hope for.” — VaughnTrue
iForce always brings the goods when it comes to flavoring, see our Lemon Drop Compete review for proof. When SwoleMate debuts, it’ll come in three unconventional flavors for intra-workouts:
- Sour Lemon Candy
- Rocket Pop
Will you be iForce’s SwoleMate?
SwoleMate packs everything you’d want in a BCAA supplement, plus a host of other ingredients well documented to improve all aspects of your performance. The extra pump and endurance during workouts is great, and we almost never say no to Vitamin D. We know the flavors are going to deliver with this product, now we just need to see how it pairs with the brand’s forthcoming pre workout….
SwoleMate - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Howatson G, Hoad M, Goodall S, Tallent J, Bell PG, French DN. Exercise-induced muscle damage is reduced in resistance-trained males by branched chain amino acids: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2012 Jul 12;9:20.
- Sharp CP, Pearson DR. Amino acid supplements and recovery from high-intensity resistance training. J Strength Cond Res. 2010 Apr;24(4):1125-30.
- Mero A. Leucine supplementation and intensive training. Sports Med. 1999;27(6):347-358. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10418071
- Roger C. Harris; et al.; “The effect of a supplement containing β-alanine on muscle carnosine synthesis, ventilatory threshold and exercise capacity in Korean cyclists, during 12 weeks combined endurance and weight training“
- Hill, CA et al.; Amino Acids; “Influence of beta-alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacity ;” February 2007
- Kendrick IP, et al. The effects of 10 weeks of resistance training combined with beta-alanine supplementation on whole body strength, force production, muscular endurance and body composition. Amino Acids. (2008)
- Lee EC, et al. Ergogenic effects of betaine supplementation on strength and power performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. (2010)
- holewa, J; Effects of betaine on body composition, performance, and homocysteine thiolactone.; Department of Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport Studies, Coastal Carolina University; 2013
- Effect of betaine supplementation on power performance and fatigue
- Curis E., et. al; “Citrulline and the gut;”; Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care; September 2007
- Perez-Guisado; Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness.; Department of Medicine, University of Córdoba; 2010
- Hickner, R; L-citrulline reduces time to exhaustion and insulin response to a graded exercise test.; Human Performance Laboratory, East Carolina University; 2006
- Lee DM, Tajar A, Pye SR, et al. Association of hypogonadism with vitamin D status: the European Male Ageing Study. Eur J Endocrinol. 2012;166(1):77-85. doi:10.1530/EJE-11-0743.