“Carbs are evil!”
“Carbs make you fat!”
The number of times we’ve heard that carbs are to blame for everything under the sun, including economic recessions, is simply mind boggling. In reality though, carbs are not the enemy, when consumed appropriately, they are a powerful ally in your war against the weights and can be the difference between hitting a new PR and bonking midway through a set.
Alas, given the manner in which carbs have been portrayed has left them with a rather sullied reputation. People would rather limit their gains potential out of fear that a few extra carbs may make them gain fat. But, the days of being ultra-carbo-phobe are over thanks to Blackstone Labs.
The brand has developed the ultimate nutrient partitioning agent in Glycolog, which uses a novel blend of ingredients to put carbs in their proper place once and for all! We noticed it because of how much it sells, so we had to see why so many people love using it.
We’ve got all the info ahead, but first, make sure to check the best deal and sign up for alerts from PricePlow:
GlycoLog - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Blackstone Labs has pulled out all the stops for the design of Glycolog. They’ve included a comprehensive spectrum of ingredients to enhance nutrient partitioning and regulate how your body handles carb and amino acid delivery to your muscle tissue.
Note: Doses listed below are based on 1 serving (i.e. 3 capsules).
10:1 Gymnema Leaf Extract (1g)
Gymnema Sylvestre is a powerful plant native to India and Sri Lanka that has been heavily researched for its anti-diabetic benefits. Gymnema has been documented to enhance the function of insulin to decrease blood sugar. Furthermore, a comprehensive review of the diabetes-defeating plant noted that it can reduce blood glucose, plasma glucose, leptin levels, body weight, and BMI too!
Bitter Melon (500mg)
Found throughout in Asia, Africa and the Caribbean, Bitter melon is a vegetable with a long history of use as a remedy for respiratory diseases, stomach ailments, and most importantly, diabetes.
Clinical trials using bitter melon document its ability to suppress inflammation in fat (adipose) tissue. Moreover, the bitter veggie increases glucose utilization, boosts serum protein levels, and reduces glycogenesis (formation of glycogen) in the liver.
Super Berberine (300mg)
Berberine is an ingredient commonly encountered in glucose disposal agents (GDAs) and nutrient partitioners for its ability to lower blood glucose and encourage glucose absorption by muscle cells.[5,6]
However, berberine suffers from a relatively poor bioavailability in the body, so, to combat this Blackstone Labs uses Super Berberine, which is a trademarked mixture of berberine bonded to a cyclic dextrin molecule which considerably improves its solubility and uptake by the body.
We’ve often touted berberine as one of the most underrated herbs out there. The uses are immense and every person with blood sugar issues should at least know about it. Even crazier that Blackstone Labs may have just made it even better!
25:1 Cinnamon Bark Extract (250mg)
If you’ve paid attention to the news outlets over the past few years, you’ve probably seen or heard a fair amount of discussion about the benefits of cinnamon for diabetics. Whether it’s in the form of sprinkling some on your morning oatmeal or consuming some cinnamon supplements, doctors are keen to this pungent spice’s benefits for controlling blood sugar.
Cinnamon has been shown in clinical testing to not only reduce blood glucose levels, but also cut body fat and enhance lean muscle mass! This is one spice everyone can stand to get more of in their diet, not just diabetics!
Sodium R-Lipoate (150mg)
Sodium R-Lipoate is a sodium salt of R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA), a fatty acid naturally made by the body and found in the mitochondria of your cells. It’s heavily involved in energy metabolism and also acts as a potent antioxidant in the body.
There’s more though! ALA functions as a crucial coenzyme in the metabolism of carbohydrates. And, in terms of aiding your diet, ALA helps suppress appetite, and ramp up energy expenditure.[10,11]
This ingredient makes Glycolog an incredibly beneficial ingredient whether you’re cutting, bulking, or attempting the dreaded “recomp.”
Most of you are well acquainted with Bioperine®, as it’s included in just about every supplement manufactured nowadays. It’s a trademarked black pepper extract standardized for a minimum of 95% piperine. BioPerine® enhances the absorption and utilization of compounds in the body by preventing premature degradation by the stomach post consumption.
Chromium is an essential mineral in the body, particularly with respect to insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism. It’s been well documented in research to aid glucose disposal, especially those of you who may be lacking chromium in your diets.
Blackstone Labs recommends consuming 3 capsules twice per day, taken with your two biggest carbohydrate meals of the day. Do not exceed more than 6 capsules in a 24 hour period.
We’ve said it before and we’ll continue to say it — carbs are NOT the enemy!
However, if you’re not one of the genetic elites, and your body doesn’t deal with carbs the best, it may help enhance your gains and limit fat storage by investing in a quality GDA / nutrient partitioner. Glycolog offers one of the best all around options that’s been well received by the masses and continues to be a staple for those looking to continue to crush their carbs but not crush their scales.
GlycoLog - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Kanetkar P, Singhal R, Kamat M. Gymnema sylvestre: A Memoir. Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition. 2007;41(2):77-81. doi:10.3164/jcbn.2007010. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2170951/
- Pothuraju, R., Sharma, R. K., Chagalamarri, J., Jangra, S. and Kumar Kavadi, P. (2014), A systematic review of Gymnema sylvestre in obesity and diabetes management. J. Sci. Food Agric., 94: 834–840. doi: 10.1002/jsfa.6458. https://www.docdroid.net/me1GYKg/pothuraju2013.pdf.html
- Bao B, Chen Y-G, Zhang L, et al. Momordica charantia (Bitter Melon) Reduces Obesity-Associated Macrophage and Mast Cell Infiltration as well as Inflammatory Cytokine Expression in Adipose Tissues. Fritz JH, ed. PLoS ONE. 2013;8(12):e84075. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0084075. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3866167/
- Fernandes NP, Lagishetty CV, Panda VS, Naik SR. An experimental evaluation of the antidiabetic and antilipidemic properties of a standardized Momordica charantia fruit extract. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2007;7:29. doi:10.1186/1472-6882-7-29. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2048984/
- Dong H, et al; Berberine in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus: a systemic review and meta-analysis . Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. (2012)
- Berberine-stimulated glucose uptake in L6 myotubes involves both AMPK and p38 MAPK
- Godugu C, Patel AR, Doddapaneni R, Somagoni J, Singh M (2014) Approaches to Improve the Oral Bioavailability and Effects of Novel Anticancer Drugs Berberine and Betulinic Acid. PLoS ONE 9(3): e89919. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0089919. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0089919
- Ziegenfuss TN, Hofheins JE, Mendel RW, Landis J, Anderson RA. Effects of a Water-Soluble Cinnamon Extract on Body Composition and Features of the Metabolic Syndrome in Pre-Diabetic Men and Women. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2006;3(2):45-53. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-3-2-45. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129164/
- Kim MS, et al; Anti-obesity effects of alpha-lipoic acid mediated by suppression of hypothalamic AMP-activated protein kinase . Nat Med. (2004)
- Cheng PY, et al; Reciprocal effects of α-lipoic acid on adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase activity in obesity induced by ovariectomy in rats . Menopause. (2011)
- Wang Y, et al; alpha-Lipoic acid increases energy expenditure by enhancing adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase-peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1alpha signaling in the skeletal muscle of aged mice . Metabolism. (2010)
- Roginski EE, Mertz W; Effects of Chromium (III) Supplementation on Glucose and Amino Acid Metabolism in Rats Fed a Low Protein Diet . J Nutr. ()