Editor’s Note in 2013: Looking back on this, and how I failed in so many ways in committing to this site… is a regret that I will never forgive myself for. I hope to make it up to you by turning PricePlow v2.0 into the best price comparison engine imaginable.
As many of you know, we’ve been behind the scenes revamping the site and the site has been quiet. Those changes have been released! Thanks for your patience.Some of the many new features:
- New content and research done. This took a long time, but it was a great learning process (I now know way too much about this stuff and have studies to back it up). Each category has the following research:
- Main category description
- Benefits / Research Studies
- Side Effects
- Recommended Dosage
- Featured Product
- You can now simply go to www.priceplow.com/protein or www.priceplow.com/whey-protein. www.priceplow.com/fish-oil/benefits will also point you to the benefits of fish oil!
- Product listings are easier, such as http://www.priceplow.com/cytosport (all Cytosport products), http://www.priceplow.com/cytosport/muscle-milk (all Cytosport Muscle Milk sizes), and http://www.priceplow.com/cytosport/muscle-milk/4.96-pounds (prices of the 5lb jug of Muscle Milk)
We’re open to all feedback, product requests, and research requests.
Next on the to-do list is to finish updating all prices on all products for the new stores. After that, we’d like to solicit your opinions for future features.
What feature would you like next:
OpenID – Log into the site with your AIM / Google / Yahoo! / OpenID account. This means one less password to remember, and will allow people to easily log in and post comments and reviews. I will NOT get your password if this is used.Editor’s Note, 2013 – I am not a fan of any of these types of systems. We will use our own authentication system, and it will be simple and easy and you won’t be bound by anyone else’s rules to use it
- Virtual Shopping Cart – While we’re not a store, it would be nice to have the site tell us which store has all Products A, B, and C that you want, and which one is overall cheapest. Editor’s note 2013: This is still on the roadmap, and when it happens, it will be AWESOME. Very difficult to code.
- Incorporate Shipping Costs – This is tough for some stores but can be done to some extent
- More brands, categories, and products (specify them) Editor’s Note 2013 – This is coming VERY soon
- A twitter account and page Editor’s Note 2013 – Done and Done… but if only we had actually USED the Twitter account the whole time…
- A better, more graphical recommended supplements page
- Bring back the filter module on the right side of the page (this was causing issues and few used it so I axed it for now)
- Lowest-cost fitness equipment or diet plans? I’m not yet ready to expand, but this is in the cards eventually.
- More product reviews – specify which ones (these will come through the blog soon anyway)
As always, thank you for your support!