Hurakan is the K’iche’ Mayan god of wind, storm and fire, and it also happens to be the new multi-headed fat burning beast from Primeval Labs. Primeval has been on a non-stop roll lately with recent hits including EAA Max, Untamed Labs Ape Shit pre workout, and Primavar.
With Hurakan, Primeval Labs is claiming they finally have a fat burner that delivers on the hype — and enhances your body’s natural fat burning ability, as opposed to simply making you feel cracked out.
This one has a lot of thermogenics to back it up, with both grains of paradise and cayenne pepper alongside 250mg caffeine per serving and a dash of yohimbine!
Before we get to the product breakdown, take a moment to sign up for PricePlow alerts and receive the very best deals from around the web, but you can also see PrimevalLabs.com to compare against our coupons:
Hurakan - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Hurakan isn’t your normal fat burner that merely suppresses appetite or enhances lipolysis. Instead, it attacks fat from a multitude of directions providing a complete and comprehensive fat burning supplement.
But first things first, each 3-capsule serving provides a total of 250mg caffeine from a combination of 4 different sources providing both immediate and long-lasting energy to sustain you throughout the day.
Note: Dosages listed below are based on 1 serving (i.e. 3 capsules).
Garcinia Cambogia (200mg)
Found throughout Southeast Asia, Garcinia Cambogia is a common fat burning agent that’s come under scrutiny in recent years because it’s often associated with Dr. Oz. Celebrity doctor controversy aside, garcinia is packed with hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which increases the body’s ability to burn fat by inhibiting citrate lyase, an enzyme required by the body to create fat.
Inhibiting citrate lipase stunts your body’s ability to make fat, which indirectly enhances your fat burning potential. Moreover, HCA increases serotonin production, which has been shown to reduce appetite and increase satiety.
Green Coffee Bean Extract (125mg)
Another somewhat controversial ingredient is Green Coffee Bean extract (GCBE). Most of the controversy stems from some sketchy research promoted by Dr. Oz and Co. Regardless of those studies, GCBE does have some merit as it’s rife with chlorogenic acids, compounds that stimulate the release of fatty acids into the bloodstream to be burned for fat.
Chlorogenic acids also slow the progression of diminishing glucose tolerance response, a.k.a. insulin-resistance.
Olive Leaf Extract (100mg)
Olive Leaf Extract is one of the most effective stim-free fat loss agents around today. It’s been shown to raise insulin sensitivity and protect against LDL (“bad”) cholesterol oxidation, thanks primarily to its high oleuropein content.
The extract also boosts thyroid hormone output, which increases metabolism allowing you to burn more calories each day, helping to shed those extra pounds faster. Plus, olive leaf has also been shown to help fight obesity and diabetes.
Dandelion Extract (75mg)
Dandelion is an extremely powerful, all-natural diuretic included to help shed the water weight that accumulates in the body. In fact, dandelion is so potent it’s been shown to increase urine output, as well as frequency of urination for up to 5 hours![7,8]
There’s more to this water-ridding plant extract though, as it also enhances glucose uptake in skeletal muscle, which helps reduce fat gain from all those carbs you’re used to eating.
Fat Mobilization Blend
Hurakan’s fat mobilization blend is all about increasing your body’s carnitine levels. To do so, Primeval Labs has included four of the most effective forms of carnitine, to increase the body’s ability to convert fat into fuel.
Acetyl L-Carnitine (250mg)
The brain-boosting form of carnitine, Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) is known for its nootropic benefits due to its ability to cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB). ALCAR is great to include in any fat burner as it reduces mental fatigue, heightens mood, and enhances cognition.[13,14]
That’s not all though, as ALCAR also promotes fatty acid uptake by mitochondria, making for great fat burning.
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (100mg)
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (LCLT) is the carnitine of choice for athletes. It is proven to enhance muscle building and reduce soreness by increasing androgen receptor density.[16,17] LCLT also increases the rate of fat oxidation, which spares muscle glycogen for your more intense workout sessions.[18,19]
Propionyl L-Carnitine (100mg)
Propionyl L-Carnitine (PLCAR) might not be as well known as the previous two forms of carnitine, but it’s still just as effective, especially when it comes to increasing ATP levels in the body. Plus, PLCAR combats inflammation, and improves cardiovascular function.[20,21]
The final form of Carnitine in this four-headed monster is GlycoCarn, a patented form of Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine (GPLC). GPLC is metabolized into L-carnitine and propionyl coenzyme A,[22,23], and much like the previous three forms of carnitine, this one too supports energy production.[24,25]
Thermo Energy Blend (250mg)
All great fat burners need some caffeine for two reasons. One, it gives you the energy you need to get going everyday while eating a lower number of calories, and two, it enhances the effectiveness of many of the other ingredients contained in Hurakan.
Total Caffeine in Hurakan = 250mg
We don’t know exactly how much anhydrous is in Hurakan, but we do know that the total amount of caffeine contained in one serving is 250mg.
Natural Caffeine (from Green Tea)
Extracted from green leaves, natural caffeine provides the same energy-boosting effects on your CNS as caffeine anhydrous, but it’s much smoother feeling in its energy surge. When paired with anhydrous, as it is here, the two serve to give the user energy all day long, with no crash or jittery feelings.
Is it getting hot in here?!
Known for its ability to crank up your body temperature, Paradoxine is a must have in any serious fat burning supplement. This industry-leading, patented Grains of Paradise extract creates a strong thermogenic effect in the body that boosts energy expenditure and helps mobilize fat from brown adipose tissue (BAT), leading to rapid weight loss.
Found in significant amounts in dark chocolate, Phenylethylamine (PEA) is a CNS stimulant known if its extremely strong, albeit brief, euphoric mood boost, by way of PEA’s ability to boost production of dopamine and serotonin.[27,28]
N-Methyl Tyramine (NMT) is a potent beta-2 agonist as well as a naturally occurring alkaloid of PEA. NMT cultivates fatty acids to be used for fuel by the body and boosts adrenaline production, helping keep energy levels high even when calories are low!
Evodiamine is a popular thermogenic compound known for its ability to bring on the sweats when using it. This compound also reduces fat uptake in the body,[30,31], making it harder for you to store fat and more apt to maintain a lean physique.
Prevalent in Cajun cooking, Cayenne Pepper is an incredible spice that ramps up the heat in the hallmark dishes of Louisiana such as gumbo, jambalaya, and etoufee. It’s also an effective metabolism booster due to its ability to increase thermogenesis, oxidize fat and ramp up energy expenditure.
PurCaf is yet another variant of caffeine contained in Hurakan that’s derived from unroasted green coffee beans. It yields roughly 94% pure caffeine, but it’s more of a slow release, smoother acting energy booster as opposed to the immediate in your face energy of caffeine anhydrous.
Guarana Seed Extract
The fourth and final caffeine yielding ingredient of Hurakan is Guarana. The seeds are loaded with caffeine and the fruit is typically by the Brazilian natives for its metabolism boosting properties. No wonder so many Victoria’s Secret models are from there!
Plagued by stubborn fat in your belly or thighs? Then you’ll definitely want some Yohimbine. This proven, and extremely effective, stimulant is an alpha-2-adrenergic blocker that boots noradrenaline, helping to free stubborn fat and increase energy. Yohimbine is also a potent appetite suppressant that helps avoid those notorious hunger pangs that arise during diets.[35,36,37,38]
The key is in dosing — to little and you feel nothing / it doesn’t work. Too much and it can cause some anxiety. This is why it’s great to see it at the end of the formula, where it belongs. Typically the 1.5-3mg range is great.
Take 3 capsules once daily. Do NOT consume more than 6 caps in one day.
Hurakan brings the power of a multi-headed monster thermogenic right to you in three easy-to-swallow capsules. Less hunger, greater energy, increased fat burning, faster metabolism, and reduced fat storage, Hurakan attacks fat loss from every conceivable angle making for one of the most and unique fat burning supplements we’ve seen in quite some time.
Hurakan - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Watson JA, Lowenstein JM Citrate and the conversion of carbohydrate into fat. Fatty acid synthesis by a combination of cytoplasm and mitochondria. J Biol Chem. (1970)
- Ohia SE, et al. Safety and mechanism of appetite suppression by a novel hydroxycitric acid extract (HCA-SX). Mol Cell Biochem. (2002)
- Flanagan, J., Bily, A., Rolland, Y. and Roller, M. (2014), Lipolytic Activity of Svetol®, a Decaffeinated Green Coffee Bean Extract. Phytother. Res., 28: 946–948. doi:10.1002/ptr.5085
- Lap H, et al. Dietary supplementation with decaffeinated green coffee improves diet-induced insulin resistance and brain energy metabolism in mice. Nutritional Neuroscience Vol. 15 , Iss. 1,2012
- De Bock M, Derraik JGB, Brennan CM, et al. Olive (Olea europaea L.) Leaf Polyphenols Improve Insulin Sensitivity in Middle-Aged Overweight Men: A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Trial. Nerurkar PV, ed. PLoS ONE. 2013;8(3):e57622. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0057622.
- Lee O-H, Kwon Y-I, Apostolidis E, Shetty K, Kim Y-C. Rhodiola-induced inhibition of adipogenesis involves antioxidant enzyme response associated with pentose phosphate pathway. Phytother Res. 2011;25(1):106-115. doi:10.1002/ptr.3236.
- Rácz-Kotilla E, Rácz G, Solomon A; The action of Taraxacum officinale extracts on the body weight and diuresis of laboratory animals . Planta Med. (1974)
- Clare BA, Conroy RS, Spelman K. The Diuretic Effect in Human Subjects of an Extract of Taraxacum officinale Folium over a Single Day. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2009;15(8):929-934. doi:10.1089/acm.2008.0152.
- Higuchi N1, et al; Effects of insulin resistance and hepatic lipid accumulation on hepatic mRNA expression levels of apoB, MTP and L-FABP in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease . Exp Ther Med. (2011)
- Vermeulen RC, Scholte HR; Exploratory open label, randomized study of acetyl- and propionylcarnitine in chronic fatigue syndrome. Psychosom Med. (2004)
- Parnetti L, et al; Pharmacokinetics of IV and oral acetyl-L-carnitine in a multiple dose regimen in patients with senile dementia of Alzheimer type . Eur J Clin Pharmacol. (1992)
- Soczynska JK, et al; Acetyl-L-carnitine and alpha-lipoic acid: possible neurotherapeutic agents for mood disorders . Expert Opin Investig Drugs. (2008)
- Ando S, et al; Enhancement of learning capacity and cholinergic synaptic function by carnitine in aging rats . J Neurosci Res. (2001)
- Sano M, et al; Double-blind parallel design pilot study of acetyl levocarnitine in patients with Alzheimer’s disease . Arch Neurol. (1992)
- Sachan DS, Hongu N; Increases in VO2max and metabolic markers of fat oxidation by caffeine, carnitine, and choline supplementation in rats . J Nutr Biochem. (2000)
- Volek, J. S., Kraemer, W. J., Rubin, M. R., Gomez, A. L., Ratamess, N. A. & Gaynor, P. L-Carnitine L-tartrate supplementation favorably affects markers of recovery from exercise stress. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. (2002); 282:E474-482.
- Ho JY, Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, Fragala MS, Thomas GA, Dunn-Lewis C, Coday M, Häkkinen K, Maresh CM. l-Carnitine l-tartrate supplementation favorably affects biochemical markers of recovery from physical exertion in middle-aged men and women. Metabolism. 2010 Aug;59(8):1190-9.
- Müller DM, Seim H, Kiess W, Löster H, Richter T. Effects of oral L-carnitine supplementation on in vivo long-chain fatty acid oxidation in healthy adults. Metabolism. 2002 Nov;51(11):1389-91.
- Wall BT, Stephens FB, Constantin-Teodosiu D, Marimuthu K, Macdonald IA, Greenhaff PL. Chronic oral ingestion of L-carnitine and carbohydrate increases muscle carnitine content and alters muscle fuel metabolism during exercise in humans: the dual role of muscle carnitine in exercise metabolism. J Physiol. 2011 Jan 4.
- Al‐Bakheit A, Traka M, Saha S, Mithen R, Melchini A. Accumulation of Palmitoylcarnitine and Its Effect on Pro‐Inflammatory Pathways and Calcium Influx in Prostate Cancer. The Prostate. 2016;76(14):1326-1337. doi:10.1002/pros.23222.
- Muraki K, Imaizumi Y. A Novel Action of Palmitoyl-L-carnitine in Human Vascular Endothelial Cells. J Pharmacol Sci. 2003;92(3):252-258. doi:10.1254/jphs.92.252.
- Wiseman LR, Brogden RN; Propionyl-L-carnitine . Drugs Aging. (1998)
- The Mitochondriotropic Effects of L-carnitine and its Esters in the Central Nervous System
- Brevetti G, Diehm C, Lambert D; European multicenter study on propionyl-L-carnitine in intermittent claudication . J Am Coll Cardiol. (1999)
- Brevetti G, et al; A new therapeutic proposal for intermittent claudication. Propionyl-L-carnitine: new indications concerning mechanism of action . Minerva Cardioangiol. (1998)
- Sugita J, Yoneshiro T, Hatano T, et al. Grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract activates brown adipose tissue and increases whole-body energy expenditure in men. Br J Nutr. 2013;110(4):733-738. doi:10.1017/S0007114512005715.
- Ishida K, Murata M, Katagiri N, et al. Effects of beta-phenylethylamine on dopaminergic neurons of the ventral tegmental area in the rat: a combined electrophysiological and microdialysis study. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;314(2):916-922. doi:10.1124/jpet.105.084764.
- Hossain M, Wickramasekara RN, Carvelli L. β-phenylethylamine Requires the Dopamine Transporter to Increase Extracellular Dopamine in C. elegans Dopaminergic Neurons. Neurochemistry international. 2014;0:27-31. doi:10.1016/j.neuint.2013.10.010.
- Tsutsumi, E.; Kanai, S.; Ohta, M.; Suwa, Y.; Miyasaka, K. (2010). “Stimulatory effect of N-methyltyramine, a congener of beer, on pancreatic secretion in conscious rats”. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research 34 (Suppl 1): S14–S17
- Wang T, et al. Evodiamine improves diet-induced obesity in a uncoupling protein-1-independent manner: involvement of antiadipogenic mechanism and extracellularly regulated kinase/mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling. Endocrinology. (2008)
- Zhang LL, et al. Activation of transient receptor potential vanilloid type-1 channel prevents adipogenesis and obesity. Circ Res. (2007)
- Janssens, P, et. al; “Acute Effects of Capsaicin on Energy Expenditure and Fat Oxidation in Negative Energy Balance“; July 2013
- Lima, WP, et. al; “Lipid metabolism in trained rats: effect of guarana (Paullinia cupana Mart.) supplementation”; Clinical Nutrition; December 2005; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16182414
- Szemeredi K, et al; Simultaneous measurement of plasma and brain extracellular fluid concentrations of catechols after yohimbine administration in rats . Brain Res. (1991)
- Mizuki Y, et al; Differential effects of noradrenergic drugs on anxiety and arousal in healthy volunteers with high and low anxiety . Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. (1996)
- Galitzky J, et al; Alpha 2-antagonist compounds and lipid mobilization: evidence for a lipid mobilizing effect of oral yohimbine in healthy male volunteers . Eur J Clin Invest. (1988)
- Callahan MF, Beales M, Oltmans GA; Yohimbine and rauwolscine reduce food intake of genetically obese (obob) and lean mice . Pharmacol Biochem Behav. (1984)
- Waluga M, et al; Cardiovascular effects of ephedrine, caffeine and yohimbine measured by thoracic electrical bioimpedance in obese women . Clin Physiol. (1998)