Recently, we covered New Jersey hardcore Apollon Nutrition in great detail, discussing how the up and coming hardcore brand started solely for its gym clients of mixed martial arts athletes and now has exploded in popularity all over the nation.
Readers wanted to know more about the aggressive brand, so today cover one of the brand’s headline supplements, the temperature-spiking thermogenic fat burner Chaos.
If you like it hot, then you’re going to love CHAOS.
We’ve got all the info on Chaos ahead, but before we get there, you can check their website at ApollonNutrition.com and see what PricePlow stores and coupons have them below:
Chaos - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Chaos has seen a bit of a formula upgrade in 2017 over the previous version. Yohimbine is out and Paradoxine® Grains of Paradise extract is in, making for one burner that’ll be sure to set your metabolism on fire.
Note: The following doses are in a four capsule serving, so you can (and should) dial it down if needed in order to assess tolerance.
Acetyl L-Carnitine (1g)
Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) is one of the most bioavailable and effective forms of L-carnitine due to its unique ability to cross the blood brain barrier (BBB). Because of this, ALCAR can decrease mental fatigue, elevate mood, and improve learning and cognition.[4,5]
As to why it’s included in Chaos, ALCAR increases “fatty acid dumping”, a process where fatty acids are excreted by the body when cells enter “fat burning mode.”
Chaos includes a sizeable 1g dose of ALCAR, far more than you’ll see in most other burners on the market — off to a good start so far! You’ll be feeling good and focused for this alone.
Green Tea Leaf Extract (500mg)
Regularly consumed across the world for thousands of years, Green tea is no stranger to the land of dietary supplements. It’s highly regarded for its cardiovascular benefits, but it’s also be shown to be a rather effective fat loss aid, primarily due to one of its catechins, EGCG.
Chaos’ green tea extract is standardized for 98% polyphenols, 75% catechins, 45% epigallocatechin gallate, which is ideal, as EGCG promotes lipolysis and increases calorie expenditure.[7,8]
Tyrosine is a nonessential amino acid that increases noradrenaline and dopamine, which helps fight off the “brain fog” that come come with dieting. Plus, tyrosine also helps lower stress and anxiety.[9,10]
What’s really neat about Tyrosine’s inclusion in Chaos is that it improves some of the “neurobiological disturbances” associated with diet restriction (i.e. increased mental performance, memory, data processing, etc.).
L-Tyrosine is good in combination with ALCAR, often seen in stimulant-free focus formulas together. But we’re about to take a left turn from that right here:
Let’s face it, dieting sucks and can zap you of just about all your energy, due to the decreased calorie intake. To remedy your lacking energy levels, Apollon has included a stout 300mg caffeine in Chaos to keep you up and at ‘em even when you’re on poverty macros.
Plus, caffeine also assists with weight loss by increasing fat oxidation and suppressing appetite — both of which pay big dividends during dieting.
When we covered Apollon earlier, we highlighted their popular Hooligan pre workout with 600mg caffeine! Needless to say, you CAN NOT mix that with this!
If you need to stay lower caffeine, just remember that each Chaos capsule contains 75mg caffeine.
Advantra Z® (60mg)
Advantra Z® is a citrus aurantium extract standardized for its synephrine content. Each serving of Chaos supplies 60mg of the powerful beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonist.
Advantra Z® effectively increases energy levels while at the same time helping blunt fatigue. It also decreases your rate of perceived exertion too![12,13,14] More importantly, synephrine accelerates fat burning by way of stimulating lipolysis. Here, your body will use fat for fuel, thus sparking your glycogen for when it’s really needed.
This is a nice dose, and is likely what will get you going if the caffeine doesn’t. It’s also why it’s imperative to start at the two capsule dose per the label’s recommendation!
Can you feel the burn? You will once you get some of this ingredient!
Paradoxine® is a trademarked and patented Grains of Paradise extract proven to increase energy expenditure and mobilize fat from brown adipose tissue (BAT). This turns up the temperature on “fat-burning” so you can torch extra calories all while just sitting around the house!
If you want even more info on Paradoxine®, check out our in-depth article titled Grains of Paradise: Fat Fighting Spice of the Goddesses.
This is our favorite non-stimulant fat burning ingredient, and we’re excited to see it in here!
Get ready for another heat wave, courtesy of this cayenne pepper alkaloid!
Chile peppers are a wonderful food, they taste great, add some spice to your food, increase thermogenesis and decrease appetite, provided you can handle the heat. Capsaicin is a component found in cayenne pepper (and other hot chiles) that’s responsible for these thermogenic and lipolytic effects.
All we can say is, get ready to sweat when taking Chaos!
Finally, we have caffeine’s “little brother” theobromine. Extracted from Theobroma Cacao, theobromine is structurally similar to caffeine and exerts a similar stimulatory effect in the body, though not quite as powerful as caffeine. But, what theobromine lacks in immediate “punch” it makes up for by providing a smoother, longer-lasting energy than it’s more well known big brother.
To assess your tolerance, take 2 capsules with 8 oz. of water once per day. Once your tolerance has been assessed, take 4 capsules 2 times daily 30-60 minutes before meals.
Is it getting hot in here? No, it’s just Chaos’ temperature-elevating ingredient panel that’s got everyone feeling a little steamy. The synephrine, Paradoxine, and capsaicin are going to get you heated up without doubt, but the ALCAR and L-Tyrosine will keep you focused and on the level.
This edgy, hardcore brand has delivered a solid weight loss supplement to the masses, and now we just need to see what else the brand has up their sleeve.
Chaos - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Vermeulen RC, Scholte HR; Exploratory open label, randomized study of acetyl- and propionylcarnitine in chronic fatigue syndrome. Psychosom Med. (2004)
- Parnetti L, et al; Pharmacokinetics of IV and oral acetyl-L-carnitine in a multiple dose regimen in patients with senile dementia of Alzheimer type . Eur J Clin Pharmacol. (1992)
- Soczynska JK, et al; Acetyl-L-carnitine and alpha-lipoic acid: possible neurotherapeutic agents for mood disorders . Expert Opin Investig Drugs. (2008)
- Ando S, et al; Enhancement of learning capacity and cholinergic synaptic function by carnitine in aging rats . J Neurosci Res. (2001)
- Sano M, et al; Double-blind parallel design pilot study of acetyl levocarnitine in patients with Alzheimer’s disease . Arch Neurol. (1992)
- Sachan DS, Hongu N; Increases in VO2max and metabolic markers of fat oxidation by caffeine, carnitine, and choline supplementation in rats . J Nutr Biochem. (2000)
- The Effects of Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate on Thermogenesis and Fat Oxidation in Obese Men: A Pilot Study
- Effects of the long term ingestion of tea catechins on Energy Expenditure and Dietary fat oxidation in healthy subjects
- Deijen JB, Orlebeke JF; Effect of tyrosine on cognitive function and blood pressure under stress . Brain Res Bull. (1994)
- Dollins AB, et al; L-tyrosine ameliorates some effects of lower body negative pressure stress . Physiol Behav. (1995)
- Avraham Y, Bonne O, Berry EM. Behavioral and neurochemical alterations caused by diet restriction–the effect of tyrosine administration in mice. Brain Res 1996 Sep 2;732(1-2):133-44. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0006899396005148
- Exercise was easier 83% of the time – and no significant adverse events occurred – following use of a performance-enhancing dietary supplement containing Advantra Z. Human Pharmacology of a Performance-Enhancing Dietary Supplement Under Resting and Exercise Conditions – Haller, University of California, San Francisco, British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- A multi-ingredient supplement containing Advantra Z increased energy production and fat oxidation.
- A multi-ingredient product containing Advantra Z reduced fatigue and curbed appetite in overweight adults without serious adverse events.
- Ludy M-J, Mattes RD. The effects of hedonically acceptable red pepper doses on thermogenesis and appetite. Physiology & behavior. 2011;102(3-4):251-258. doi:10.1016/j.physbeh.2010.11.018.
- Martínez-Pinilla E, Oñatibia-Astibia A, Franco R. The relevance of theobromine for the beneficial effects of cocoa consumption. Frontiers in Pharmacology. 2015;6:30. doi:10.3389/fphar.2015.00030. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4335269/