Fat burners are as commonplace in the supplement world as pre workouts and protein powders are. However, just like pre’s and proteins, not all are created equal and few, if any, are worth your hard earned money.
Neogenix’s recently reformulated Velocity 3.0 cuts the BS ingredients out that most thermogenics cram into their formulas and gives us a simple, straightforward, and most of all, effective fat burner that will shred fat like you’ve never seen before.
Before we get into the ingredients, take a second to sign up for PricePlow and check the widget below on where to find the best price:
Velocity 3.0 - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
We’ve always liked Neogenix, but haven’t ever written about them… for no good reason. So that changes now, because this product is a solid deal.
On the surface, Velocity’s profile may seem rather minimal on ingredients, but this is all done on purpose. Neogenix doesn’t fluff their product up with a bunch of useless ingredients (green coffee bean extract, for example). They use only tried and true ingredients in a completely open label that will increase energy, reduce appetite, boost mood and enhance focus. Hang on as we take you deep inside the label:
Thiamine Disulfide Butyrate (225mg)
Normally, we breeze over vitamins and minerals when discussing ingredient labels as they doses are minimal, but we’ve got quite a hefty dose (15,000% DV) here! It’s fat-soluble form of the B1 vitamin (thiamine) and also known as Sulbutiamine.
Clearing the brain fog
It’s actually most popular due to its effects as a potent nootropic agent where it’s been shown to improve memory. Its unique molecular structure allows it to easily cross the blood-brain barrier where it functions as a neuromodulator acting on the cholinergic, dopaminergic, and GABAergic systems. Additionally, it exhibits neuroprotective benefits maintaining the synaptic functions of the brain when in a state of nutrient deprivation.
Sulbutiamine also helps combat fatigue. Anyone who has ever gone on a cutting cycle surely can relate to the sensation of feeling tired and rundown from the decreased caloric intake. Luckily, sulbutiamine will counter those feelings and help you maintain your normal everyday joviality! It may even exhibit stimulating and ergogenic properties.
But is such a dose safe?
No data currently points to any toxicity possibilities or a max dose that should not be exceeded. No adverse side effects have been attributed to its use with therapeutic doses (12.5 mg/kg which is about 850mg for 150 lb person). Anecdotal accounts have reported a mild skin rash when taking high doses of sulbutiamine, but symptoms subside with time. So, there is nothing to worry about with the dosage here as the 225mg is far below the threshold value established in the clinical study.
So right off the bat, this alone is going to be a clear difference-maker from Velocity 3.0 and any other fat burner you’ve tried. If you suffer from “brain fog” when dieting, Neogenix might be a brand to consider.
Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL (500mg)
Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) is an acetylated version of the amino acid L-Carnitine. This modification increases absorption by the body where it easily crosses the blood-brain barrier.
The improved bioavailability of ALCAR as compared to other forms of L-Carnitine leads to a number of other benefits. It can reduce mental fatigue, improve mood, and boost Nitric Oxide levels.
Most importantly, it works synergistically with caffeine (our next ingredient) to increase something called “fatty acid dumping” where fatty acids are excreted by the body when cells are engaged in fat burning..
Caffeine Anhydrous (250mg)
Caffeine Anhydrous is everyone’s favorite stimulant and a stalwart in the fat burner market. This particular type of caffeine is the same as you’ll find in your morning cup of coffee except that it has been dehydrated and only retains 0.5% water! When you want pure caffeine, this is your answer, and the dose included in Velocity is noteworthy (especially if taking 2 caps twice daily).
We won’t take up too much space getting into the science behind caffeine as you’re very familiar with this ingredient, but it should be noted that caffeine has good reason for being included in nearly all fat burners. It acts as a thermogenic, raises metabolism, increases alertness, improves mood, delays fatigue and increases lipolysis!
Now, caffeine alone isn’t the be-all, end-all in fat burners, or else all of your friends pounding Triple Venti Mocha Frappuccinos at Starbucks would be ripped. However, it is a potent ingredient to have as a part of a fat burner and increases the efficacy of the other constituents of Velocity!
Yohimbine HCL (2.5mg)
Yohimbine is a naturally occurring alkaloid found in the Pausinystalia yohimbe tree. It functions as an alpha-2-adrenergic blocking agent that increases noradrenaline release. Additionally, yohimbine has been shown to improve alertness and cognition.
Where yohimbine really shines though is in the fat loss and appetite suppression department. Studies have shown supplementing with yohimbine to be particularly effective at releasing fat for stores in our body, increasing appetite control, and enhancing lipolysis and energy expenditure.[13,14,15].
A final perk from yohimbine is that it may act as an aphrodisiac, increase libido by enhancing blood flow to your extremities! You get a fat burner and a boost in the bedroom, who could ask for more?!
Take 2 capsules 1-2x/day approximately 20 minutes before exercise and/or meals. Seeing as Velocity can provide a solid hit of caffeine, with 1 capsule per serving for the first two days of use.
Then, gradually increase the dosage until the desired effect is achieved. Do not exceed more than 2 capsules in a 6-hour period and/or 4 capsules in a 24-hour period. Do not take within 6-hours of bedtime to avoid sleeplessness.
Yes, Velocity has a slim profile, BUT it uses proven ingredients that work synergistically with each other to accelerate your fat loss journey. We’re huge fans of open labels here at PP and of the proven ingredients used.
The debate on whether to give Velocity a go will come down to the caffeine content and whether you want to try something new in the sulbutiamine. You’re potentially looking at 500mg of caffeine in a single day if you’re using the max dose.
This amount could make it ideal to stack with a non-stim pre workout (such as Neogenix’s Bodyforge 2.1). If you need more than say 250mg of caffeine in a pre workout, you may want to throw in a ½ scoop of Neurosurge 3.0 to get yourself in the 300-400mg range (or consider going on a stim-break to reset your tolerance!)
Whether you choose to use it as a standalone fat burner or in place of your pre workout for a stim kick, Velocity will surely give you a boost and get you on the path to looking like a true Adonis, and feeling the part too!
Velocity 3.0 - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Bettendorff L, et al; Injection of sulbutiamine induces an increase in thiamine triphosphate in rat tissues . Biochem Pharmacol. (1990)
- Tanabe M, Nitta A, Ono H; Neuroprotection via strychnine-sensitive glycine receptors during post-ischemic recovery of excitatory synaptic transmission in the hippocampus . J Pharmacol Sci. (2010)
- Tiev KP, Cabane J, Imbert JC; Treatment of chronic postinfectious fatigue: randomized double-blind study of two doses of sulbutiamine (400-600 mg/day) versus placebo . Rev Med Interne. (1999)
- Vermeulen RC, Scholte HR; Exploratory open label, randomized study of acetyl- and propionylcarnitine in chronic fatigue syndrome . Psychosom Med. (2004)
- Parnetti L, et al; Pharmacokinetics of IV and oral acetyl-L-carnitine in a multiple dose regimen in patients with senile dementia of Alzheimer type . Eur J Clin Pharmacol. (1992)
- Soczynska JK, et al; Acetyl-L-carnitine and alpha-lipoic acid: possible neurotherapeutic agents for mood disorders . Expert Opin Investig Drugs. (2008)
- Bloomer RJ, Tschume LC, Smith WA; Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine modulates lipid peroxidation and nitric oxide in human subjects . Int J Vitam Nutr Res. (2009)
- Sachan DS, Hongu N; Increases in VO2max and metabolic markers of fat oxidation by caffeine, carnitine, and choline supplementation in rats . J Nutr Biochem. (2000)
- Szemeredi K, et al; Simultaneous measurement of plasma and brain extracellular fluid concentrations of catechols after yohimbine administration in rats . Brain Res. (1991)
- Mizuki Y, et al; Differential effects of noradrenergic drugs on anxiety and arousal in healthy volunteers with high and low anxiety . Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. (1996)
- Galitzky J, et al; Alpha 2-antagonist compounds and lipid mobilization: evidence for a lipid mobilizing effect of oral yohimbine in healthy male volunteers . Eur J Clin Invest. (1988)
- Callahan MF, Beales M, Oltmans GA; Yohimbine and rauwolscine reduce food intake of genetically obese (obob) and lean mice . Pharmacol Biochem Behav. (1984)
- Waluga M, et al; Cardiovascular effects of ephedrine, caffeine and yohimbine measured by thoracic electrical bioimpedance in obese women . Clin Physiol. (1998)