On April Fools Day of 2023, Glaxon hosted an awesome event to showcase some of the latest and greatest innovations to come out of their lab. We had Michel Bischoff and Joey Savage on episode #090 of the PricePlow Podcast to talk about all things Glaxon. Inside, they discussed some upcoming game-changers like a Glaxon Energy Drink, Glaxon Super Cereal, and a Glaxon Craft Beer, of all things.
If there’s one thing that remains constant in the ever-shifting sports supplement industry, it’s that Glaxon has style. They aren’t a brand that follows the herd – they always add their own unique twist to their products.
Before we get to enjoy these new goodies, the Glaxon Team is keeping us occupied with flavors. For Earth Day, we got a return of Super Greens Dino Fruit, and now we have a new flavor on the books:
Martian Mango Hits Three Glaxon Supplements
On Cinco de Mayo, Glaxon released a brand new Martian Mango flavor. This tropical goodness came just in time for Summer.
It was originally released for Tranquility, one of our favorite sleep supplements that we’ll go into more detail about below. In addition, Martian Mango is also available in Plasm Surge and Specimen Genesis with Specimen Max on the way as well. So if you’re looking to enjoy the new flavor all day as well as all night, Glaxon has you covered.
We’re going to dive into a little summary on how Glaxon Tranquility works, but first, let’s check PricePlow for great Glaxon deals, and check out our video review of the new flavor:
Joey explains it all: what is Martian Mango?!
Martian Mango is no standard mango flavor. We asked Glaxon’s chief scientist and PricePlow regular, Joey Savage, to explain his latest creation. As expected, he did not disappoint:
Our Australian audience is deeply passionate about mango flavors, as is Mr. Ben Kane. Our AUS partners wanted to launch this flavor synchronously with the United States, so we began our search for what we believed was the perfect mango…and as it turns out none of the mangoes on earth could really do the job. In order to derive the perfect combination of sweetness and acid, our mangoes had to be stressed in the highly oxidative soils of the martian surface at Glaxon’s secret Martian Mango facility. It is only in these conditions that the somewhat native Martian Mango can be cultivated. So indulge in the highly exotic sweet citrus that is Martian Mango enjoyed by us, our friends down under, and our friends on the kinda orange…kinda green…kinda red planet.
— Joey Savage, Glaxon Chief Scientific Officer / Formulator
Now what’s the difference between all of these supplements?
Glaxon Specimen Genesis
Specimen Genesis is the latest stimulant-based pre-workout creation from the Glaxon team, launched in spring of 2023. The big story here is how it utilizes goBHB exogenous ketones to provide an “alternative energy” source alongside the 300 milligrams of caffeine, a choline blend, betaine nitrate, and many other unique Glaxon-centric ingredients to provide a unique and enjoyable workout experience.
For a full breakdown, read our article titled “Glaxon Specimen Genesis: A Pre-Workout Powered with Added Ketones“.
All Specimen Genesis Flavors
Glaxon Plasm Surge
Plasm Surge, on the other hand, is Glaxon’s stimulant-free pre-workout supplement built for incredible pumps with a twist on amplified ATP generation. We recently covered its upgrades, which now include Nutrition21’s Nitrosigine, in our article titled “Glaxon Plasm Surge: Non-Stim Pre Workout Now with Nitrosigine“.
All Plasm Surge Flavors
Tranquility is Glaxon’s epic sleep aid powder that works unlike anything else we’ve used. With a large dose of calm-inducing glycine and a melatonin blend serving as the backbone, the team has added several unique herbs and sleep enhancers to give you a great night’s rest — without any morning sluggishness.
We have a more detailed writeup on Tranquility below.
All Tranquility flavors
Glaxon Specimen Max
The final addition to the Martian Mango lineup will be Specimen Max. This is the pre-workout supplement for those of you who need absurd amounts of stimulation to annihilate your workouts in the gym. We’re talking about 400 milligrams of caffeine alongside an incredibly strong “yo-yo” blend that has both rauwolfia and yohimbe.
Get ready to rumble with this one! For a full breakdown, read our article titled Glaxon Specimen Max: High-Stim Pre-Workout Made with PEZ Power.
All Specimen Max Flavors
Since Tranquility was the first product to receive the Martian Mango love, we have a bit more about it below:
Glaxon Tranquility – How It Works
- L-glycine (5g) is an amino acid that is categorized as non-essential because the body can produce it on its own. However, glycine supplementation can be useful as it contributes to muscle protein synthesis and is also used for the production of various compounds such as glutathione, creatine, and collagen
- Astrolyte Electrolyte Blend (1100mg) is a blend of three electrolytes and a prebiotic, is included in Glaxon’s Tranquility as well as available as a standalone product. Electrolytes were added to promote hydration, which is especially beneficial during sleep when fluids are not consumed for six to eight hours. Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), the prebiotic component of Astrolyte, helps with mineral absorption and promotes gut health.
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid (750mg) is a neurotransmitter that induces sleep quickly and is naturally produced in the brain, heavily involved in sleep-wake cycles. A study found that GABA promotes relaxation, decreases beta waves, increases alpha waves, and improves brain function, learning capability, and memory, while decreasing pain and stress.
- L-theanine (200mg) is an amino acid that promotes relaxation and improves overall sleep quality by increasing levels of serotonin, GABA, and dopamine in the brain.
- VitaCholine (200mg) is a form of choline L-bitartrate, is an essential nutrient that can be challenging to obtain through diet alone. Choline is commonly used in pre-workouts and nootropics to increase mental focus by increasing acetylcholine production, and VitaCholine is specifically chosen due to its enhanced bioavailability, purity, and potency. It helps replenish acetylcholine levels and can increase mental focus.
- Casein decapeptide (150mg) is a trademarked ingredient developed by Ingredia, which is a casein decapeptide naturally made from milk proteins. It increases sleep quality, concentration, memory, appetite, and libido while decreasing cortisol levels, stress, anxiety, and mood swings.
- Fibraurea Recisa (40mg) contains L-tetrahydropalmatine (L-THP), a compound commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine that produces several beneficial biological effects in the immune and central nervous systems.
- Melatonin XR Extended-Release Blend (yielding 2mg of Melatonin) (38mg) Melatonin is a hormone that signals to the body that it’s time to sleep and is essential for regulating sleep-wake cycles. Glaxon uses a time-released blend of melatonin, called Melatonin XR, in Tranquility to help individuals fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer, improving overall sleep quality.
AstraGin (25mg) is a proprietary blend of two plant extracts that boost the absorption of other ingredients, including amino acids, creatine, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and turmeric, and improves intestinal health and the immune system.
- Celery extract (25mg) is a source of apigenin, a flavonoid that has several health-promoting properties, including improving daytime functioning in those who suffer from insomnia and may improve sleep quality.
- Rafuma extract (25mg) is known for its stress-relieving and sleep-inducing properties. Extracted from the dry leaves of rafuma, Venetron is also shown to relieve psychological stress, increase mental focus, and improve the symptoms of depression.
You can learn more about Venetron and how it synergizes with GABA in our article titled “Venetron: A Synergistic Extract for Mood, Stress, and Sleep“.
- Tranquility includes a spirulina extract (25mg) that’s standardized to contain at least 25% phycocyanin. Spirulina is known for its anti-inflammatory, anticancer, antidiabetic, antioxidant, and cholesterol-lowering properties, although there is little evidence on its effectiveness on sleep.
- Toothed clubmoss extract (5mg) contains Huperzine A, which helps prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine, which in turn extends the duration of REM sleep and decreases REM-sleep latency.
Best of all worlds
Some brands are great formulators, and some brands are great flavorers. Glaxon is both. Whether it’s somehow getting a super greens formula to actually taste good (see their Pink Lady Glaxon Greens flavor), or hitting just the right note for a delicious pre-workout, Glaxon knows how to flavor.
Take that in addition to their truly cutting-edge approach to formulation, and Glaxon has been and will continue to be a force to be reckoned with.
Plus, you just have to appreciate their delightfully over-the-top packaging. It’s easy to think packaging is irrelevant, but it’s certainly not – not in this industry!
Glaxon – Deals and Price Drop Alerts
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Disclosure: PricePlow relies on pricing from stores with which we have a business relationship. We work hard to keep pricing current, but you may find a better offer.
Posts are sponsored in part by the retailers and/or brands listed on this page.