The brain trust over at Magnum Nutraceuticals know how hard their fans hit the weights day in and day out. While training is good, it can rapidly deplete the body of many essential vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. Missing out on these bare essentials can impair your muscle building, slow recovery, and affect overall health quality… and too many of us don’t eat perfectly.
To combat this issue, Magnum created PRIMER, an encapsulated performance pack of all the essentials and then some that the body needs to not only to take care of your basic needs, but also provide all the fuel a hard working athlete needs to stay at peak levels year round.
How does Magnum accomplish this?
We’ll get to that in a second, but first make sure to check the best deal and sign up for PricePlow alerts:
Primer - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
PRIMER Performance Pack Ingredients
Lately the trend in pre workout supplements is for fully loaded complexes of clinically-dosed or over-dosed ingredients. But what about your daily multivitamin / multimineral?
Magnum’s PRIMER Performance Pack goes way beyond the standard multivitamin/mineral supplement and delivers a comprehensive profile of ingredients that provide maximum bioavailability to the body. Let’s see what they’ve got in store:
PRIMER’s Performance Pack starts with all the essential vitamins your body needs on a daily basis to perform its most basic functions. However, it doesn’t just stop with your basic A, B, C, D, E, and K vitamins. It goes much further.
Primer’s Cell Repair blend contains unique antioxidants, bioflavonoids, and polyphenols like Quercetin, which improves endurance by increasing production of mitochondrial biogenesis in muscle cells.
Another ingredient not commonly seen in a multivitamin, but contained in PRIMER is Coenzyme Q10. Much like quercetin, it’s another compound located in the mitochondria of a cell that supports energy metabolism. CoQ10 also benefits your heart as it improves blood flow, HDL (good) cholesterol levels, and overall cardiac function.[2,3,4]
The last ingredient we’ll highlight from the Cell Repair blend that stands out from your typical multi is Milk Thistle. There’s been a ton of research on milk thistle and it’s widely used as a liver detoxifying compound. Milk Thistle supports liver detox by enhancing protein synthesis and DNA synthesis in the liver. Furthermore, a comprehensive review on milk thistle found that that alcoholic liver cirrhosis and alcohol poisoning are treatable.
PRIMER’s Brain Food blend contains all the ingredients you need to enhance focus and cognition, so you never feel “foggy” headed.
L-Tyrosine is the first ingredient in an appreciable 500mg dose. This conditionally essential amino acid boosts the production of two critical neurotransmitters in the body, dopamine and noradrenaline. Higher levels of these two molecules boost mood and focus not only during your workouts but throughout the day while at the same time lowering your levels of stress.[7,8]
You’ll also find L-Tyrosine included in the Happy Brain blend in Magnum’s focus-heavy pre workout Limitless. It’s one of the top rated focus boosting pre workouts in our Best Pre Workout Supplements guide.
Brain Food also contains two powerful nootropic agents: Vinpocetine and Huperzine A. Vinpocetine is found in the Periwinkle plant and acts as a stim-free cognitive booster in the body. It increases cerebral blood flow, which results in better memory formation, cognition, and mental processing speed.[10,11,12]
Huperzine A further supports brain function by inhibiting acetylcholinesterase, the enzyme responsible for the breakdown the acetylcholine, a.k.a. “the learning neurotransmitter.” Therefore Huperzine indirectly increases amounts of the important neurotransmitter by helping it stay around your system longer, resulting in better focus, cognition, and memory formation.
Carbs and Proteins may be the headliner macronutrients in the bodybuilding world, but fats also play a crucial role in overall health and hormone production, not to mention vitamin absorption.
Furthermore, most of the population gets plenty Omega-6 fatty acids through meat, nuts, and cooking oils, but is severely lacking in the Omega-3 department. Knowing this, PRIMER includes a well-rounded blend of Omega 3-6-9 fats from a variety of fish and plant sources to give your body what it needs to keep the heart healthy and fight inflammation.[15,16]
Amino acids are fundamental building blocks upon which all protein, and therefore muscle, is synthesized. If your body is deficient in any of these crucial compounds, it can severely limit your ability to produce any gains.
To rectify this, PRIMER includes the three most crucial amino acids, BCAAs plus a host of other aminos to supply the body with everything it needs to generate maximum muscle. BCAAs are responsible for triggering muscle protein synthesis in the body, in addition to improving recovery and delaying the onset of soreness.[17,18,19]
Amino Prime also contains ingredients to improve nutrient partitioning and glucose metabolism in the body. Alongside the all important amino acids, you’ll find ingredients like cinnamon, inositol, and green tea extract. Together these compounds along with the others in this blend to boost the body’s metabolism and improve glucose uptake and utilization in the body.[20,21,22,23]
Need more? Check out Opus
If you’re looking to really step up your amino game, Magnum’s OPUS provides even more of the essential amino acids necessary to drive anabolism. And on that note, the new orange creamsicle flavor of OPUS is insanely good!
All of these ingredients are great to include in a sports nutrition supplement, but it’s all for naught if your body can’t absorb any of them or your digestive system is functioning properly. Fortunately, PRIMER contains just the prescription to remedy any digestive ailments you may have!
Each serving of PRIMER contains powerful digestive enzymes like amylase, protease, lipase, and lactase. Amylase helps the body break down starches found in such foods as rice or potatoes.
For those that have trouble processing dairy products, Primer includes lactase which should help break down the lactose sugars that seem to be the bane of so many people’s existence.
The final blend of ingredients in PRIMER are the all important electrolytes. These agents make sure your muscles stay properly hydrated avoid any signs of cramping. Including crucial minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium ensures your muscles continue to perform at peak levels no matter what the task demands.
To get your daily fill of all the necessary vitamins, minerals, and more, take 1 Magnum Primer® Performance Pack (8 capsules) with a meal once per day. For optimal results, take it with the meal prior to training.
Magnum’s PRIMER is everything you could want when looking for a supplement. It boasts a comprehensive profile of highly bioavailable ingredients proven to support health, improve recovery, and aid anabolism. The unique encapsulation form used for PRIMER ensures that your body absorbs each and every nutrient for maximum absorption.
If you’re tired of trying to find the “best” or “right” multivitamin/mineral at the store, do yourself a favor and grab a pack of PRIMER today. Your workouts will never be more intense and your body will never feel better than when choosing to use PRIMER.
Primer - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Davis JM, et al; Quercetin increases brain and muscle mitochondrial biogenesis and exercise tolerance . Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. (2009)
- Rosenfeldt F, et al Coenzyme Q10 therapy before cardiac surgery improves mitochondrial function and in vitro contractility of myocardial tissue . J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. (2005)
- Watts GF, et al Coenzyme Q(10) improves endothelial dysfunction of the brachial artery in Type II diabetes mellitus . Diabetologia. (2002)
- Mabuchi H, et al Effects of CoQ10 supplementation on plasma lipoprotein lipid, CoQ10 and liver and muscle enzyme levels in hypercholesterolemic patients treated with atorvastatin: a randomized double-blind study . Atherosclerosis. (2007)
- Deijen JB, Orlebeke JF; Effect of tyrosine on cognitive function and blood pressure under stress . Brain Res Bull. (1994)
- Dollins AB, et al; L-tyrosine ameliorates some effects of lower body negative pressure stress . Physiol Behav. (1995)
- The effect of an acute infusion of vincamine and ethyl apovincaminate on cerebral blood flow in healthy volunteers
- Filgueiras CC, Krahe TE, Medina AE; Phosphodiesterase type 1 inhibition improves learning in rats exposed to alcohol during the third trimester equivalent of human gestation . Neurosci Lett. (2010)
- Subhan Z, Hindmarch I; Psychopharmacological effects of vinpocetine in normal healthy volunteers . Eur J Clin Pharmacol. (1985)
- Amen DG, et al; Reversing brain damage in former NFL players: implications for traumatic brain injury and substance abuse rehabilitation . J Psychoactive Drugs. (2011)
- Zhao, Q; Effects of huperzine A on acetylcholinesterase isoforms in vitro: comparison with tacrine, donepezil, rivastigmine and physostigmine.; State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences; 2002
- Leaf A. Prevention of sudden cardiac death by n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. J Cardiovasc Med.(Hagerstown). 2007; 8 Suppl 1:S27-29.
- Yokoyama M, Origasa H, Matsuzaki M, et al. Effects of eicosapentaenoic acid on major coronary events in hypercholesterolaemic patients (JELIS): a randomised open-label, blinded endpoint analysis. Lancet.2007; 369:1090-98.
- Blomstrand E, Eliasson J, Karlsson HK, Köhnke R; Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise. J Nutr. 2006 Jan;136(1 Suppl):269S-73S
- Howatson G, Hoad M, Goodall S, Tallent J, Bell PG, French DN. Exercise-induced muscle damage is reduced in resistance-trained males by branched chain amino acids: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2012 Jul 12;9:20.
- Sharp CP, Pearson DR. Amino acid supplements and recovery from high-intensity resistance training. J Strength Cond Res. 2010 Apr;24(4):1125-30.
- Kirkham S, et al; The potential of cinnamon to reduce blood glucose levels in patients with type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance . Diabetes Obes Metab. (2009)
- Pham AQ, Kourlas H, Pham DQ; Cinnamon supplementation in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus . Pharmacotherapy. (2007
- Farese RV, Sajan MP, Standaert ML; Atypical protein kinase C in insulin action and insulin resistance . Biochem Soc Trans. (2005)