You read that right: SuperPump 250 is back!!!
When Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals owner Jared Wheat bought half of Gaspari Nutrition a few months back, we knew big things were in store for the veteran industry leaders. We caught a glimpse of how serious Gaspari is to reclaim the top spot in the supplement world when they re-released their Halodrol prohormone. Now we’re ready for the next installment of the company’s rebirth which comes in the form of a pre workout.
The return of the king
Before the market was flooded with endless options of pre workouts, there were just a select hand few that were must-try. And SuperPump 250 was the one time king of blood-pumping, vein-gorging, high-energy pump pre workouts.
Unfortunately, in recent years, it was nowhere to be found, and Gaspari tried their hand at various other formulations with mixed levels of success. But now it’s time to get back to their roots: Gaspari has released an all new version of the well known pre, and yes, this time it’s got DMAA, and the ingredient label is both unique and loaded up.
Even better, Gaspari has disclosed to us their DMAA and caffeine doses just for PricePlow readers!!
We’ve got the breakdown just ahead, but first, take a moment to check the best deal and sign up for PricePlow alerts:
SuperPump 250 - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Our SuperPump 250 Review
Absolutely fantastic stuff. This product is an incredible balance of energy and pumps.
The biggest question was whether to take APS Mesomorph (which has more beta alanine and creatine) or this (which has newer and likely better pump ingredients):
SuperPump 250 Ingredients
Gaspari has completely revamped the new SuperPump 250 and in all you’re getting a whopping 15 different ingredients in each scoop of the product. Hang on boys and girls because we’ve got A LOT to cover!
Note: The label below is the DMAA version of SuperPump 250. There will also be a non-DMAA version that Gaspari has said should be identical sans the DMAA.
Power & Strength
Creatine Hydrochloride (1g)
Hitting leadoff in the new SuperPump 250 is the “trendier” form of creatine that’s found a sweet spot for many in the industry. Creatine HCl has an improved water solubility compared to monohydrate and this leads many to believe it’s a superior form. While the superiority of Creatine HCl may be somewhat in question, there’s no question creatine’s overall effects in the body.
Research has shown over and over that creatine supplementation flat out works when it comes to gaining strength and lean body mass all while fighting fatigue.[1,2,3]
The amount contained here won’t give you the full benefits of creatine, and to be sure you do get all that creatine has to offer, we suggest you supplement with an additional 2-4g of creatine to get your daily dose.
Nitric Oxide Pump & Endurance
Citrulline Silicate (3g)
Quite often you’ll see Citrulline Malate in nitric oxide blends, but Gaspari has opted for the alternative Citrulline Silicate which bonds L-Citrulline to a molecule of silicate instead of malic acid (malate). The end result is the same though, which means that we’ll get a nice boost in nitric oxide from the L-Cit.
Greater N.O. production leads to higher endurance, improved athletic performance, increased vascularity, and most important of all big PUMPS!
Arginine silicate crushes arginine — will citrulline silicate crush citrulline?
Arginine silicate, sometimes sold under the trade name NitroSigine, has been shown in both the lab and in the gym to blow regular L-arginine out of the water.
Silica-bound glycerol, sold under the name HydroMax, similarly crushes regular glycerol monostearate.
So can we expect this new citrulline silicate to perform simlarly compared to L-citrulline or citrulline malate? We believe so.
Agmatine Silicate (750mg)
Speaking of silicates, here’s another new one!
While Citrulline Silicate is nitric oxide booster, agmatine silicate is a nitric oxide “extender.” What we’re getting at is that Agmatine prolongs arginine’s effects and life in the body by inhibiting arginase, the enzyme responsible for arginine’s breakdown. The longer we keep arginine levels elevated in the body, the longer we have the benefits of increased N.O. production.
This will help get more “bang for your buck” from the 3g of Citrulline Silicate included, and provide stronger, longer-lasting pumps.
One last thing to keep in mind is that agmatine also functions as a neuromodulator / neurotransmitter in the brain, which means you should notice some improved cognition and focus.
Are you ready to get Super Pumped? The pump ingredients aren’t done yet though…
Everyone’s so excited about the new SuperPump 250 having DMAA in it… but let’s not forget that the word PUMP is right there in the name… and for a reason! If these silicate ingredients combine like we’re hoping them to, this pre is going to whip.
Oh, and by the way, we’re not done with the pump ingredients. There are going to be a few more provided in the next blend:
SuperPump 250 CogniDRIVE & Adaptogen Matrix (3000mg)
An interestingly named blend, since there’s actually three ingredients here to help with water absorption and pumps too!
Taurine is a conditionally essential amino acid that’s primarily is found in the skeletal muscles, heart, and brain. Where we’re really interested in, is its effects in skeletal muscle. In muscle, taurine acts as a cell volumizer by pulling in extra nutrients and water into the muscle cells.
This extra water allows for increased hydration levels which lead to greater endurance, less DOMS, and “water-based” pumps.
L-Tyrosine is a powerful focus and mood enhancer frequently used in pre workouts and fat burners to improve cognition. Tyrosine increases the production of two very important neurotransmitters in the body, dopamine and noradrenaline. These two work in the body to elevate overall mood, focus, and cognition while at the same time reducing signs of stress and anxiety.[11,12]
Red Wine Extract 30%
Curious why red wine extract is included in a pre workout? Simple, Gaspari has standardized their Red Wine Extract for 30% glycerol, a new one in the world of pre workouts! This is just a touch higher than glycerol monostearate (GMS) which usually contains around 25% glycerol (at most), with the rest consisting of saturated fats.
Much like taurine above, glycerol acts as a powerful cell volumizer in skeletal muscle that helps draw water and nutrients into the muscle belly, leading to a condition known as “hyper-hydration.” As we saw with taurine, increased hydration results in greater endurance, fuller more shapely muscles, and “water-based” pumps.
As for the other 70% of the ingredients, we can only hope for some of the beneficial flavonoids like resveratrol and maybe even a dash of epicatechin, both of which are great for the cardiovascular system.
If you’re working out at your absolute max, chances are you’re going to be sweating…A LOT. With each drop that leaves your body, your sweat is also carrying with it valuable electrolytes such as potassium and sodium.
The more you sweat, the more electrolytes you lose and eventually hydration goes down as well. To help fight any potential cramping or decreased performance from excessive electrolyte loss, Gaspari includes a touch of Potassium Glycerophosphate to help keep your electrolyte levels topped off.
Also known as N-(aminoiminomethyl)-beta-alanine, Guanidinopropionic Acid, is an analogue of creatine monohydrate that offers many diverse benefits including:
- Better muscle contraction
- Enhanced creatine uptake[15,16]
- Improved insulin function
- Greater weight loss
The really neat thing about Guanidinopropionic Acid is that it accentuates the curves and fullness of your muscles even if you don’t spend endless hours doing curls in the squat rack!
Working out is a stressful and taxing process on the body, that can eventually wear you down over time. To help combat this, Gaspari includes rhodiola rosea, a powerful adaptogenic herb. Rhodiola, and other adaptogens help the body deal with all sorts of emotion, physical, psychological stresses. Clinical trials have also found that adaptogens are able to heighten alertness and increase endurance in athletes while also reducing mental fatigue from stressful situations.
Additional research into Rhodiola found that it may improve cognitive functioning and memory due to its actions on various neurotransmitter systems such as acetylcholine, serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine.
4-Hydroxyisoleucine is the most well known, and studied, compound of Fenugreek. It also happens to be a potent insulin activator as well.[20,21] Additionally, this powerful amino acid has been found to reduce insulin resistance in skeletal muscle as well as the liver, which has led to it being studied and used for various metabolic disorders like Type 2 Diabetes and obesity.
Can this draw more carbohydrates and sugar into your muscles? We believe so, and the next ingredient may as well.
This means that if you’re a carb lover, you might want to keep those carbs pre workout to draw them into the pump!
Cinnamon Bark Extract
It may seem strange to have cinnamon in a pre workout supplement, but it’s included based on the fact that cinnamon contains compounds that can inhibit several digestive enzymes such as: alpha-glucosidase, pancreatic amylase, and sucrase.[22,23]
Inhibiting these enzymes decreases the amount of glucose that goes into systemic circulation and avoids insulin spikes, which if you dosed carbs pre workout can help you avoid feeling any kind of carb-coma. Plus, cinnamon has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood glucose levels as well, both great things![24,25,26]
Bacopa is another adaptogen, similar to rhodiola, that helps reduce stress and regulate hormone levels (particularly cortisol) that sometimes get a little out of whack. The end result of this is better mood and greater energy.
Bacopa does interact on the dopamine and serotonergic systems, but it primarily works to enhance neuron communication.[28,29] Various studies have demonstrated that bacopa can improve cognition and speed of attention.
Insane Energy Blend (350mg)
Starting off our “Insane Energy Blend” is the granddaddy of all stimulants, caffeine. Without a doubt, it’s the most used drug in the world, as you can’t seem to get away from it no matter what you drink these days. It’s literally everywhere!!!
Caffeine is great for all sorts of things, but it really shines in the areas of energy, alertness, focus, and endurance.[31,32]
While the amount isn’t disclosed on the label, we reached out to Gaspari to see if they would be willing to divulge the caffeine amount and they gladly responded saying there is 250mg of caffeine per scoop!
You read that right boys and girls! There’s 70mg of DMAA per scoop in the new SuperPump 250! In addition to giving us the caffeine amount, Gaspari also informed us of the DMAA amount. Be forewarned, this is a HUGE amount of DMAA, so be careful!
1,3 Dimethylamylamine, aka DMAA, is the most popular of the aliphatic amines and has had a recent explosion in popularity. This collection of compounds are well known stimulating effects especially when used alongside caffeine!
If you’re new around here, note that Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals is suing the FDA for the rights to use DMAA, and now that Jared Wheat (Hi-Tech’s owner) is part owner of Gaspari, it’s time DMAA hit a major major brand.
Elsewhere on our blog, you can read about Hi-Tech’s other DMAA Supplements.
Last but not least, we have caffeine’s “little brother” theobromine. Derived from the Theobroma cacao plant, theobromine is known as the “feel good” ingredient in dark chocolate that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
It’s chemically similar to caffeine and also acts as a CNS stimulant in the body, though not quite as strong as caffeine does. But, the energy kick from theobromine is much smoother and longer-lasting than it’s harsher acting brother.
Wow. That was long and fantastic. What we’re looking at is high-energy, and high-pump, and both are done in unique ways. This is not even close to a rehash of the original SuperPump 250, if that’s what some of you were wondering. This is an all-new beast, and it looks like a monster.
SuperPump 250 is still a couple weeks out from arriving at retailers, but don’t worry it’s worth the wait as you’ll be rewarded with three intriguing flavors when it arrives:
- Italian Rainbow Ice
- Country Life Pink Lemonade
- Boardwalk Cotton Candy
It appears that Halodrol was only the beginning of Gaspari’s drive to come back to the forefront as one of the industry’s top of the line brands. SuperPump 250 is major step towards reclaiming their glory of yesteryear.
From the looks of things, Gaspari means business and with the inclusion of DMAA in the new SuperPump 250, it’s getting really, really serious!
Must-try supplement for Fall of 2016? Absolutely. Welcome back, Rich.
SuperPump 250 - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Bemben, M; The effects of supplementation with creatine and protein on muscle strength following a traditional resistance training program in middle-aged and older men.; Neuromuscular Lab, Dept. Health & Exercise Science, U. Oklahoma; 2010
- Chilibeck, P; Effect of creatine ingestion after exercise on muscle thickness in males and females.; College of Kinesiology, University of Saskatchewan; 2004
- Anomasiri, W; Low dose creatine supplementation enhances sprint phase of 400 meters swimming performance.; Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University; 2004
- Curis E., et. al; “Citrulline and the gut;”; Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care; September 2007
- Lu Y, Christian K, Lu B; BDNF: a key regulator for protein synthesis-dependent LTP and long-term memory . Neurobiol Learn Mem. (2008)
- Hoffmann, E.K., I.H. Lambert, and S.F. Pedersen, Physiology of cell volume regulation in vertebrates. Physiol Rev, 2009. 89(1)
- Deijen JB, Orlebeke JF; Effect of tyrosine on cognitive function and blood pressure under stress . Brain Res Bull. (1994)
- Dollins AB, et al; L-tyrosine ameliorates some effects of lower body negative pressure stress . Physiol Behav. (1995)
- van Rosendal, S; Guidelines for glycerol use in hyperhydration and rehydration associated with exercise.; School of Human Movement Studies, The University of Queensland; 2010
- Wingo, J; Influence of a Pre-Exercise Glycerol Hydration Beverage on Performance and Physiologic Function During Mountain-Bike Races in the Heat; University of Connecticut, Department of Sport, Leisure, & Exercise Science; 2004
- Vaillancourt VA, Larsen SD, Tanis SP, Burr JE, Connell MA, Cudahy MM, Evans BR, Fisher PV, May PD, Meglasson MD, Robinson DD, Stevens FC, Tucker JA, Vidmar TJ, Yu JH. Synthesis and biological activity of aminoguanidine and diaminoguanidine analogues of the antidiabetic/antiobesity agent 3-guanidinopropionic acid. J Med Chem. 2001 Apr 12;44(8):1231-48.
- Ohira Y, Kawano F, Roy RR, Edgerton VR. Metabolic modulation of muscle fiber properties unrelated to mechanical stimuli. Jpn J Physiol. 2003 Dec;53(6):389-400.
- Khanum F., et. al.; Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety; “Rhodiola rosea: A versatile Adaptogen;” 2005
- Shevtsov VA, et al; Phytomedicine; “A randomized trial of two different doses of Rhodiola rosea extract versus placebo and control of capacity for mental work;” 2003
- Mohamed Sham Shihabudeen H, Hansi Priscilla D, Thirumurugan K; Cinnamon extract inhibits α-glucosidase activity and dampens postprandial glucose excursion in diabetic rats . Nutr Metab (Lond). (2011)
- Adisakwattana S, et al; Inhibitory activity of cinnamon bark species and their combination effect with acarbose against intestinal α-glucosidase and pancreatic α-amylase. Plant Foods Hum Nutr. (2011)
- Broadhurst CL, Polansky MM, Anderson RA; Insulin-like biological activity of culinary and medicinal plant aqueous extracts in vitro . J Agric Food Chem. (2000)
- Kirkham S, et al; The potential of cinnamon to reduce blood glucose levels in patients with type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance. Diabetes Obes Metab. (2009)
- Pham AQ, Kourlas H, Pham DQ; Cinnamon supplementation in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Pharmacotherapy. (2007)
- Benson S et al; “An acute, double-blind, placebo-controlled cross-over study of 320 mg and 640 mg doses of Bacopa monnieri (CDRI 08) on multitasking stress reactivity and mood”; Phytother Res.; 2014 Apr; 28(4):551-9; Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23788517
- Vollala, Venkata Ramana, Subramanya Upadhya, and Satheesha Nayak; “Enhanced dendritic arborization of hippocampal CA3 neurons by Bacopa monniera extract treatment in adult rats”; Rom J Morphol Embryol 2011, 52(3):879–886; Retrieved from http://www.rjme.ro/RJME/resources/files/520311879886.pdf
- Vollala, Venkata Ramana, Subramanya Upadhya, and Satheesha Nayak; “Enhancement of Basolateral Amygdaloid Neuronal Dendritic Arborization Following Bacopa Monniera Extract Treatment in Adult Rats”; Clinics 66.4 (2011): 663–671; Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3093798/
- Kongeaw C et al; “Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract”; J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-35; Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24252493