Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals caught the attention of everyone just a few months ago when they unveiled Lipodrene Elite, the very first fat burner to include Coca Leaf Extract! The industry leader in fat burners is back at it again, and may have created their strongest fat burner yet with their newest release.
Black Piranha is another stim-laden weight loss aid from the fat loss leader featuring a whopping 65mg Coca Leaf extract along with DMAA, caffeine, and a whole lot more!
We absolutely loved Lipodrene Elite (you can watch Mike’s review here) – it was far smoother than the regular lipodrene – but we have a feeling this one will have even more coca leaf.
We’ve got all the details ahead, but first, take a moment to check the best deal and sign up for alerts from PricePlow:
Black Piranha - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Black Piranha Ingredients
Hi-Tech isn’t pulling any punches here with Black Pirhana’s formula. Like many of the other fat burners developed by Hi-Tech, this is unfortunately a massive prop blend of stimulants (though caffeine and Coca Leaf is disclosed), that’s sure to bring some serious energy, but also crush your appetite and ramp up fat loss.
Note: Doses listed below are based on 1 serving (i.e. 1 tablet).
Proprietary Blend (290mg)
Similar to Acacia Rigidula, Senegalia Berlandieri extract is another plant-based extract providing a 150mg dose of several PEA alkaloids including B-Phenylethylamine and N-Methyl-B-Phenylethylamine. This promotes a strong boost in energy and mood thanks to the increase in dopamine and adrenaline levels in the body.
Studies using acacia extract (which this essential is) demonstrates that it has the same fat-burning, energy boosting effects as 30mg of ephedrine[1,2], but this is a far safer, and legal option!
Methylhexanamine HCl, more commonly known by you all as DMAA, is the bread and butter of all Hi-Tech fat burners. It’s great for increasing mood, energy, and focus since it increases norepinephrine production.
Whereas Senegalia Berlandieri (Acacia Rigidula) has some solid science as a legit fat-burning, DMAA provides more of the “feel good, laser focus” vibes is Black Piranha, and some serious appetite suppression based on anecdotal feedback.
One thing, we’re not sure of is the dose. Previously, Hi-Tech has disclosed the amount of DMAA to us here at PP. We’ve reached out to the brand to see if they’re willing to step up again divulge a bit of the info on their “secret sauce.”
If you haven’t been keeping up with Hi-Tech Pharma’s DMAA Lawsuit against the FDA, one thing that’s been discovered is that DMAA has been discovered 11 times in nature from geranium flower parts and oils. We’re chronicling each occurrence – several of them were covered up by unethical researchers and government officials – in our DMAA Geranium investigation series.
Found in various species of cactus, Caralluma Fimbriata Extract is loaded with several alkaloids, but the really important ones are Pregnane Glycosides. This provides the serious appetite suppression you’ve come to know with Hi-Tech fat burners, as caralluma acts similarly to Hoodia extract (another variety of cactus extract) in its ability to annihilate your appetite.[3,4]
Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid which aside from helping build proteins, also converts to PEA in the body. It’s also used in the formation of several important epinephrine, dopamine, and norepinephrine.
We’re getting even more mood enhancement with DL-Phenylalanine, making Black Piranha a sure bet to have you feeling on top of the world!
Mixing this with DMAA and senegalia berlandieri could make you feel quite euphoric – even if for a little bit of time in the beginning to motivate you to go exercise!
Found in Citrus Aurantium, synephrine is a powerful beta-2 agonist frequently seen in fat burners. It mimics the actions of ephedrine, but doesn’t exert any of the amphetamine-like effects of the banned stimulant.
Synephrine triggers lipolysis in the body, enhancing fat burning, as well as increases energy expenditure, which quickens the rate at which you’ll drop those unsightly pounds.[6,7]
Naringin and 6,7 dihydroxybergamottin
As we’ve seen with other Hi-Tech fat burners, they’ve included this duo of grapefruit polyphenols, which serve to enhance energy and ingredient bioavailability. Naringin provides the stimulant kick for the duo, while 6,7 dihydroxybergamottin inhibits certain enzymes that usually degrade the other energy-boosting compounds in Black Piranha. This partnership helps provide some long-lasting energy that you’ve come to expect when using a Hi-Tech fat burner.
Much like Synephrine above, Hordenine is another beta agonist that stimulates lipolysis in the body. But, more importantly, it also functions as an MAO inhibitor as well as a noradrenaline (norepinephrine) reuptake inhibitor.[10,11] This prolongs the actions of noradrenaline in the body, yielding greater energy, alertness, attention, and focus.
With Hordenine mixed in, the PEA above (as well as the PEAs in senegalia berlandieri) will last longer due to the MAO inhibition here. We normally don’t see this ingredient in the Lipodrene family, so it may make a big difference here!
Traditionally used in Chinese Medicine, the fruits of Evodia rutaecarpa were eaten to increase warmth, and that’s exactly why it’s included here. Evodia provides a strong thermogenic effect in the body, so don’t be surprised if you’re feeling the sweats with Black Piranha! That’s not all evodia has to offer for fat burning benefits, as it also exerts some anti-obesity effects via inhibiting preadipocyte differentiation.[12,13]
To put a finishing touch on the first part of Black Piranha, Hi-Tech has included the fat storage blocking, appetite-suppressing stimulant Yohimbine. As we saw with other Hi-Tech fat burners, we’re not sure how much they’re including, but if we had to venture a guess, it’d be around 1.5-3mg of yohimbine per tablet. This gives you some of the fat burning benefits of Y without the jitters or anxiety.
Typically Hi-Tech puts in 1.5mg in each tablet — they never like to overdo it with this one – – but we don’t know for sure because it’s unfortunately a proprietary blend!
Each tablet of Black Piranha includes a moderate 200mg caffeine. FYI, this is 50mg more than Lipodrene Elite. So, if you were a fan of Lipodrene Elite, you might find this one to have a little more “pop” to it, but nothing too crazy or over the top.
CocaPure® Coca Extract (65mg)
As we discussed in our Lipo Elite post, CocaPure® is an extract of the same plant from which cocaine is derived, Erythroxylum Coca leaves. Don’t worry, you’re not getting any cocaine here, but some (or all) of the 18 other alkaloids contained within the plant.[15,16]
What do these alkaloids do?
Well, research is a bit thin, but one animal study found that E. Coca leaf enhanced weight loss and can with far less tolerance build up than cocaine HCl, which was also given to the mice.
And if you’re worried about consuming any cocaine in Black Piranha, don’t be. It’s cocaine-free, as noted in US Patent 4956429, and backed by Mike’s drug tests. (Yes, Mike took some the day before and day of a pre-employment drug screen!)
Hi-Tech recommends consuming just one tablet after breakfast. Do not consume more than three tablet in one day.
Get ready to say goodbye to your appetite! Not everyone wants that, but those who do want something that works – and this one almost certainly will.
Hi-Tech continues to bring the goods when it comes to making extremely potent and effective fat burners. Energy, mood enhancement, appetite suppression, and fat burning — Black Piranha brings it all.
The big question is, how will the Piranha one stack up against Lipodrene Elite?
Black Piranha - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Jacobs, Patrick, PhD; “The Acute Metabolic, Hemodynamic, and Psychological Effects of Fastin-XR, a Commercial Weight Loss Product”; Retrieved from http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/origin/multivu_archive/ENR/Acacia-Fastin-XR-study.pdf (backed up at http://www.webcitation.org/6cZhHyG6V)
- Jacobs, Patrick; “The Acute Physiological Effects of Acacia Rigidula”; Presentation at the 2012 Arnold Sports Festival; March 2012; Retrieved from http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/origin/multivu_archive/ENR/TheAcutePhysiologicalEffectsofAcaciaRigidula.pdf(backed up at http://www.webcitation.org/6e8bE22ix)
- Kamalakkannan S, et al; Antiobesogenic and Antiatherosclerotic Properties of Caralluma fimbriata Extract . J Nutr Metab. (2010)
- MacLean DB, Luo LG; Increased ATP content/production in the hypothalamus may be a signal for energy-sensing of satiety: studies of the anorectic mechanism of a plant steroidal glycoside . Brain Res. (2004)
- Irsfeld M, Spadafore M, Prüß BM. β-phenylethylamine, a small molecule with a large impact. WebmedCentral. 2013;4(9):4409. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3904499/
- Dallas, C, et. al; “Lipolytic effect of a polyphenolic citrus dry extract of red orange, grapefruit, orange (SINETROL) in human body fat adipocytes. Mechanism of action by inhibition of cAMP-phosphodiesterase (PDE)”; Phytomedicine; October 2008; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18617377
- Frank M, et al; Hordenine: pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and behavioural effects in the horse; Equine Vet J. (1990)
- Barwell C.; School of Pharmacy; “Deamination of hordenine by monoamine oxidase and its action on vasa deferentia of the rat;” 1989
- Nedergaard O.; British Journal of Pharmacology; “Action of various sympathomimetic amines on the isolated stripped vas deferens of the guinea-pig;” November 1968
- Kobayashi Y, et al. Capsaicin-like anti-obese activities of evodiamine from fruits of Evodia rutaecarpa, a vanilloid receptor agonist. Planta Med. (2001)
- Wang T, et al. Evodiamine improves diet-induced obesity in a uncoupling protein-1-independent manner: involvement of antiadipogenic mechanism and extracellularly regulated kinase/mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling. Endocrinology. (2008)
- Cameron, OG, et. al; “Effects of yohimbine on cerebral blood flow, symptoms, and physiological functions in humans”; Psychosomatic Medicine; July-August 2000; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10949101
- Biondich AS, Joslin JD. Coca: High Altitude Remedy of the Ancient Incas. Wilderness Environ Med. 2017;26(4):567-571. doi:10.1016/j.wem.2015.07.006. http://www.wemjournal.org/article/S1080-6032(15)00308-7/fulltext
- Emanuel L. Johnson, Stephen D. Emche; Variation of Alkaloid Content in Erythroxylum coca Leaves from Leaf Bud to Leaf Drop . Ann Bot 1994; 73 (6): 645-650. doi: 10.1006/anbo.1994.1081. https://academic.oup.com/aob/article-abstract/73/6/645/2587327/Variation-of-Alkaloid-Content-in-Erythroxylum-coca?redirectedFrom=PDF PDF Available at https://www.docdroid.net/bhaluCB/johnson1994-variation-of-coca-alkaloids.pdf.html