Once some companies get going, there’s absolutely no stopping them. Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals has been on a major winning streak lately with their industry-dominating DMAA supplements and prohormones, and they don’t show any signs of slowing down.
Today, we’ve got a product that goes along with whatever prohormone cycle you happen to be running. Arimiplex is a comprehensive post cycle therapy product that limits estrogen while optimizing testosterone levels when coming off cycle, but it may even be useful when on cycle!
The short story is that Arimiplex has a lot of ingredients for reducing DHT, which is extremely important for anyone predisposed to hair loss via androgenic alopecia. But that’s not all – there’s also an estrogen inhibitor inside and more!
Find out all about Arimiplex below after you’ve checked the best deal and signed up for PricePlow alerts:
ArimiPlex - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Prostate Support and DHT Inhibition Complex (250mg)
Saw Palmetto Fruit
All men as they age are keenly aware of the importance of a healthy prostate. This is definitely a case where “bigger” is definitely not better! As you’re probably well aware, an enlarged prostate is one of the early warning signs of prostate cancer. To fight growth and inflammation, Arimiplex starts off with a healthy serving of Saw Palmetto (Serenoa Repens) which has been shown to suppress prostate growth.
Saw Palmetto has also been shown inhibit the conversion of testosterone to DHT. This ultimately indirectly boosts your testosterone levels, a very good thing coming off cycle! When taken on cycle, that DHT prevention will also help with any potential hair loss, since higher levels DHT is directly attributed to androgenic hair loss. Great to keep that hormone at regular levels – and this isn’t the only time we’ll discuss this.
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is the primary substrate for glutathione, which means that if there’s not enough NAC available, you could be chronically low in this important antioxidant. Elevated glutathione levels enable the liver to filter more effectively and efficiently which ultimately keeps you and liver healthy and free of inflammation and free radical damage![3,4,5]
As an interesting side note, taking NAC in tandem with Vitamin B and Vitamin C, supplies your body with everything it needs to break down alcohol and its toxic byproducts (acetaldehyde). This might be an interesting “bio-hack” for those of you who like to party a little too much on the weekends!
Pygeum Africanum bark extract comes from the Prunus africanum tree or African cherry tree and has long been used in African medicine for supporting prostate health. Modern research has shown there is some magic behind this old world medicine as it has the capacity to displace about 60% of the DHT from its receptors.
DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) is another sex hormone and androgen in the body. Note that roughly 5% of the testosterone in your body converts to DHT.
If DHT is a sex hormone and anabolic androgen, why would we want this inhibited?
Again, we want this to keep DHT at bay mainly because DHT is the primary contributing factor in androgenic alopecia — male pattern baldness caused by hormones! This happens naturally through almost every man’s life, but if we’re getting higher testosterone levels, they may convert to higher DHT levels, which may exacerbate the problem for those who are predisposed to it.
Furthermore, anything (hormone or otherwise) that robs us of testosterone is a potential for more testosterone, if we can stop or slow it. So it makes sense we’d want to halt the proliferation of DHT unless you happen to enjoy looking like a cue ball!
Stinging Nettle Extract
Stinging Nettle, a.k.a Urtica Dioica, is a plant that contains lignans, a particular type of compound that interferes with Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). Sex Hormone Binding Globulin is a primary regulator of free testosterone in the body; it binds to testosterone and then renders it incapable of interacting with the androgen receptors involved in muscle growth.
Stinging nettle inhibits SHBG, which then prevents SHBG from interfering with your testosterone. This indirectly boosts testosterone production and opens the door for additional muscle growth. Lastly, Stinging Nettle also acts as a 5ɑ-reductase inhibitor, which once again prevents the conversion of testosterone to DHT.
Testosterone and LH Support & Aromatase Inhibitor
Androsta 3,5-dien-7, 17-dione (37.5mg)
Coming off cycle is a time when estrogen levels can spike and run rampant in many individuals. To combat this, Hi-Tech has included perhaps the most potent Aromatase Inhibitor (A.I.) legally available in Arimiplex. More commonly referred to as Arimistane, Androsta 3,5-dien-7,17-dione is a metabolite of 7-Keto DHEA and as we already mentioned, an extremely potent A.I.[9,10]
Another benefit to arimistane is that it helps control estrogen and cortisol levels in the body, both of which are counterproductive for muscle building. In the end, lower estrogen levels in the body, translate to higher circulating testosterone levels!
Is it enough for 4-Andro users?
When testosterone goes up, estrogen follows. Our goal is to keep estrogen in check.
The question is, for 4-Andro users: is arimistane enough to keep estrogen at regular levels, and if so, how much do we need? We mention 4-Andro, because that’s the prohormone that converts to testosterone, and will have some estrogenic byproducts as well.
The good news is that we’ll find this out soon enough, as our next entry in the PricePlow Blood Testing program will involve a user who is going to take 300mg LG Sciences 4-Andro alongside 60mg Arimistane each day (from Form-XT), with blood tests before, during, and after! Stay tuned!! (Note that a day’s worth of Arimiplex will get you 75mg worth, not 60mg, so this is stronger than what we’re testing).
One last tidbit about Arimistane, when used on it’s own, it helps “dry” you out leading to a harder, more defined look.
Fenugreek Extract (125mg)
Long used as a holistic means for improving virility and libido, fenugreek has had somewhat conflicting results in modern research trials. The major study everyone promotes to show its usefulness demonstrated it successfully raised testosterone while simultaneously decreasing in body fat within test group.
As for its MOA, fenugreek appears to function as an alpha-5 reductase inhibitor, which prevents, or limits, the conversion of testosterone to DHT. The catch, is that you need at least 500mg, to replicate that clinical trial. We’re not getting that much here (half with a day’s two tablet dose), but ultimately, this may slightly boost testosterone simply by helping you not lose too much testosterone to its much less useful counterpart, DHT. You may not need that full 500mg dose given all of the other DHT inhibitors inside!
Tribulus Terrestris Extract (167mg)
One of the most commonly used all-natural testosterone boosters is Tribulus Terrestris, a.k.a. Devil’s Weed. This herb has its roots in Ayurvedic medicine where it was used for improving male virility and vitality.
The key component to Trib’s effects lie in its saponins, and Hi-Tech has standardized this particular extract for 90% saponins! Tribulus has been successful in increasing male libido and performance[13,14,15] even though it doesn’t do much for increasing testosterone levels.[16,17,18]
New tribulus research: it may increase testosterone in older men
However, a new study shows that Tribulus extract increased Testosterone (+12%), IGF-1 (+20%), reduced body fat by an average of 2kg (7%) and maintained lean mass! Since that study was performed on middle-aged men (ages 45-60), who definitely have dropped testosterone, this may be relevant for post-cycle users… who also have dropped natural testosterone production!
So maybe there’s more to this herb than we have traditionally thought? It may only be a libido booster for healthy young males, but older men and PCT users may enjoy having it thrown into their stacks.
Cardiovascular Support (150mg)
Red Yeast Rice Extract
Red yeast rice powder is derived from a type of yeast (i.e. bacteria) that grows on the red rice plant. Extracts of this yeast contain compounds called monacolins, which inhibit the production and uptake of cholesterol in the body.[20,21]
Specifically, red yeast rice extract helps lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol in the body and supports optimal total cholesterol levels in the body.
As we saw in our 1-Andro research, when on cycle, fatty acid levels get a bit out of shape. This is another good reason to consider this for both during and after your cycle.
Grape Seed Extract
Grape seed extract is plentiful in several tannins and catechins which have been documented to support heart health and enhance blood flow in the body. This is attributed to elevated nitric oxide (N.O.) production which dilates blood vessels resulting in greater circulation.[22,23]
Elevated N.O. is caused by increasing endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase (eNOS), the enzyme directly responsible for driving nitric oxide production in the body. More eNOS directly leads to greater N.O. and ultimately better blood flow in and around the heart.
Milk Thistle Extract (360mg)
Milk Thistle is widely regarded for its liver detoxifying effects. The compound inside that is responsible for its wonders is known as silymarin, so we assume that’s what Hi-Tech is standardizing for.
Milk thistle enhances protein synthesis and DNA synthesis in the liver. Furthermore, a systematic review on milk thistle surmised that alcoholic liver cirrhosis and alcohol poisoning are treatable with the extract.
Once again, when looking at the study on 1-Andro, liver levels deteriorated (as they will with any prohormone or steroid)… so we’re liking Arimiplex more and more
Take 1 tablet in the morning and 1 tablet in the evening. Do not exceed 2 tablets per day.
Now, this is marketed as a Post Cycle product, but as we’ve alluded to throughout the article, there are so many great reasons to use this during a prohormone cycle as well.
The biggest question we have, which we hope to have answered within a couple of months, is whether or not arimistane is enough of an estrogen inhibitor to be used with 4-Andro, which will almost certainly raise testosterone levels quite high, bringing estrogen along with it. Stay tuned to PricePlow on social media, as we’ll have that answered soon enough.
One of the most overlooked aspects of a prohormone cycle is the need for proper post cycle therapy (PCT) and on cycle support. This is perhaps the most critical aspect of your cycle as it helps your body “down regulated” to its normal homeostasis when not hopped on all sorts of anabolics. During the cycle, your fatty acid levels and liver enzymes will also get displaced, and Arimiplex has support for that as well.
To give your body max protection, and save all your gains, invest in a top of the line PCT product like Arimiplex. Keep the muscle and test, and leave estrogen in the rear view mirror!
ArimiPlex - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Bertaccini A1, et al; Observational database serenoa repens (DOSSER): overview, analysis and results. A multicentric SIUrO (Italian Society of Oncological Urology) project . Arch Ital Urol Androl. (2012)
- Ozaras R1, et al; N-acetylcysteine attenuates alcohol-induced oxidative stress in the rat. World J Gastroenterol. (2003)
- Caro AA1, et al; N-acetylcysteine inhibits the up-regulation of mitochondrial biogenesis genes in livers from rats fed ethanol chronically . Alcohol Clin Exp Res. (2014)
- Aydin S1, et al; N-acetylcysteine reduced the effect of ethanol on antioxidant system in rat plasma and brain tissue . Tohoku J Exp Med. (2002)
- Shenouda NS, et al; Phytosterol Pygeum africanum regulates prostate cancer in vitro and in vivo . Endocrine. (2007)
- Gansser D, Spiteller G; Plant constituents interfering with human sex hormone-binding globulin. Evaluation of a test method and its application to Urtica dioica root extracts. Z Naturforsch C. (1995)
- Nahata A, Dixit VK; Ameliorative effects of stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) on testosterone-induced prostatic hyperplasia in rats. Andrologia. (2012)
- National Center for Biotechnology Information; PubChem Open Chemistry Database; “In Vitro Competitive Inhibitory Activity Was Measured On Cytochrome P450 19A1 Of Human Placental Microsomes”; Retrieved from https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bioassay/53550#section=Top
- Numazawa, M; “Synthesis of androst-5-en-7-ones and androsta-3,5-dien-7-ones and their related 7-deoxy analogs as conformational and catalytic probes for the active site of aromatase.”; J Med Chem. 1994 Jul 8;37(14):2198-205; Retrieved from https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8035427
- Singh S, Nair V, Gupta YK; Evaluation of the aphrodisiac activity of Tribulus terrestris Linn. in sexually sluggish male albino rats. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. (2012)
- Do J, et al; Effects and Mechanism of Action of a Tribulus terrestris Extract on Penile Erection . Korean J Urol. (2013)
- Kam SC, et al; In Vivo and in Vitro Animal Investigation of the Effect of a Mixture of Herbal Extracts from Tribulus terrestris and Cornus officinalis on Penile Erection. J Sex Med. (2012)
- Neychev VK, Mitev VI; The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men. J Ethnopharmacol. (2005)
- Rogerson S, et al; The effect of five weeks of Tribulus terrestris supplementation on muscle strength and body composition during preseason training in elite rugby league players . J Strength Cond Res. (2007)
- Wilk, Michal, et al; “Endocrine Responses to Physical Training and Tribulus Terrestris Supplementation in Middle-Age Men”; Central European Journal of Sport Sciences and Medicine; Vol. 13, No. 1, 2016: 65–71; http://psjd.icm.edu.pl/psjd/element/bwmeta1.element.psjd-649c060c-d07d-466b-85af-0357a4a5cd5e/c/CEJSSM_13_1-2016_06_Wilk_etAl.pdf
- Osono Y, et al Role of the low density lipoprotein receptor in the flux of cholesterol through the plasma and across the tissues of the mouse . J Clin Invest. (1995)
- Horton JD, et al; Activation of cholesterol synthesis in preference to fatty acid synthesis in liver and adipose tissue of transgenic mice overproducing sterol regulatory element-binding protein-2 . J Clin Invest. (1998)
- Belviranlı M, et al; Effects of Grape Seed Polyphenols on Oxidative Damage in Liver Tissue of Acutely and Chronically Exercised Rats . Phytother Res. (2012)
- Belviranlı M, et al; Effects of grape seed extract supplementation on exercise-induced oxidative stress in rats . Br J Nutr. (2012)
- Feng Z, et al; Grape seed extract enhances eNOS expression and NO production through regulating calcium-mediated AKT phosphorylation in H2O2-treated endothelium; Cell Biol Int; (2010); https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20513234