Primeval Labs has been one of the busiest supplement companies in the industry the past 12 months, and things are only getting hotter. In just a matter of months, the brand has released an incredibly well-dosed nootropic in Gray Matter, as well as backed the launch of Militant Supplements — a new brand founded by wounded military vet KC Mitchell
Primeval is back in the news today with some upgrades to their performance and energy enhancing pre workout Adrenal Rush V2.
This is a very popular pre workout with the Primeval customers and BIOS3 fans, but one complaint was all too common – the taste was bad! Well, no more, because:
Improved flavors are here!
Primeval has upped its flavor system game, and the new Adrenal Rush V2 flavors are said to be top-notch. So if you were ever interested in this pre workout, but shied away after reading some of the taste reviews, get back in here.
We’ve got more details on the upgrades below, but first, take a moment to check the best deal and sign up for PricePlow alerts:
Adrenal Rush V2 - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Note: The new flavor is Arctic Cherry, so look for stores that have that one in the above PricePlow comparisons. You can also check PrimevalLabs.com.
Our Adrenal Rush V2 Review (new flavors and all!)
Mike and Robert love this product, but discuss who this is best suited towards:
Those of you familiar with Adrenal Rush V2 know that it was just released in 2016, and may be wondering what’s with the reformulation already. Well, we were curious about that too, so we reached out to Primeval Labs to see what’s up:
”The re release of Adrenal RushV2 was for one specific reason, customer feedback was they felt it was one of the best pre workouts on the market but needed improved flavoring, so that’s exactly what we did. The flavoring system now does a fantastic job masking some of the bitter ingredients in Adrenal Rush V2, it took us months on end to get them to the high quality they are at now. It is not an easy formula at all to work with for flavoring, but the purpose of the product is effectiveness first as with all our products. It now delivers both.
Adrenal Rush V2 has been extremely successful due to its effect. It’s performance has shined and review after review reflects that.
Anyone wanting an extra kick will enjoy the product. The energy is a very clean but intense feeling. The performance, pumps, focus are all very elite. It is a difficult pre workout to not enjoy from beginning to end.”
Adrenal Rush V2 2017 Edition
Good news Primeval fans — Adrenal Rush V2 is still the same formula you’ve come to know and love over the past year or so, since it’s re-launch. What has changed however is the flavoring — Primeval Labs has made some slight modifications to improve the flavoring, and added an entirely new flavor to the lineup, but we’ll save that tidbit for later on in the post!
Beta Alanine (3g)Beta Alanine increases carnosine concentrations in skeletal muscle. Carnosine acts as an intracellular buffer which helps shuttle lactic acid away and offset the burning feeling you get when working in the higher rep ranges.
BA is beneficial for all sorts of athletes as it’s been shown to improve endurance, power, strength, and stamina for boxers, rowers, runners, and lifters.[2,3,4]
Just be warned though, that if you’re not used to taking higher doses of Beta Alanine at one time, you may be in for quite the tingling-spell with the 3g dose here.
Agmatine Sulfate (1.5g)
High Dose Alert!
Typically we see at most 1g of Agmatine (and more often than not only 500mg) in pre workouts. Here, we’ve got 1.5g of the nitric oxide extender.
Agmatine indirectly elevates nitric oxide levels by inhibiting arginase, the enzyme that breaks down Arginine. Typically we see Agmatine included alongside other direct N.O. boosters like Citrulline, but there’s none of those here, which should make for an interesting pump experience.
However, if you are looking for a bit more pump in your workout, you can always add some of Primeval Labs Engorge to the mix.
To lend a bit of water-based pumps and improved endurance to the mix, Primeval includes a full gram of the conditionally essential amino acid Taurine. As one of the most abundant aminos in the body, taurine is stored in large amounts in a number of areas in the body including the heart, brain, and skeletal muscle. Taurine functions as an osmolyte in the body, which helps draw water into muscle cells, thereby improving hydration and “water-based” pumps.
Plus, since taurine is stored in significant amounts in the brain, it’s also helps improve focus and cognition.
Caffeine Anhydrous (250mg)
Putting the rush in Adrenal Rush, is a mighty 250mg of caffeine. This provides the kickstart you need to get going in your workout and power you throughout the entire 60-90 minutes you’ll be working out.
But, it’s not the only stim here. We’ve still got plenty more to come!
Vitamin C (250mg)
Vitamin C has become somewhat controversial in pre workout supplements over the past years, since a few studies were published demonstrating it’s not so beneficial for exercise performance.[8,9]
However, some other research has also been released showing that high doses of Vitamin C may actually improve performance. Moreover, Vitamin C has been shown to augment (increase) nitric oxide production. by preserving the actions of the Nitric Oxide Synthase enzyme (eNOS).
Here we have yet another N.O.-boosting ingredient that can work in conjunction with Agmatine and our next ingredient which is….
Norvaline is a derivative of the BCAA L-Valine that supports cardiovascular function and blood flow. Not surprisingly, it’s also helps pumps as well.
Similar to Agmatine, Norvaline indirectly increases N.O. production via arginase inhibition. This preserves arginine levels in the body, which is important as arginine is the amino acid that is converted to Nitric Oxide in the body.
N-Methyltyramine HCl (50mg)
N-Methyltyramine (NMT) is the first of a couple beta-2 adrenergic agonists included in Adrenal Rush V2. NMT stimulates the “fight or flight” response that helps scavenge fatty acids for energy and increases adrenaline production.
Studies on NMT note it’s approximately 1/140th as strongas adrenaline, so you’ll definitely be feeling a little extra “oomph” during your workout with this one!
Advantra Z® (50mg)
When ephedra was initially banned, product formulators searched high and low for a new “go-to” ingredient that could increase energy in a similar manner without the nasty side effects. What they stumbled upon was Advantra Z®, a patented Citrus Aurantium (bitter orange) extract that’s standardized to 30% Synephrine. On top of that, unlike ephedra, Advantra Z has been shown to be safe, and effective, by numerous studies.
Advantra Z® increases energy levels while also decreasing fatigue and the rate of perceived exertion![14,15,16] Furthermore, synephrine also enhances fat burning since it can stimulate lipolysis — this allows the body to essentially “burn fat” for fuel and save your glycogen stores for intense exercise.
Also found in Citrus Aurantium is another beta-2 adrenergic agonist in Hordenine. It acts as a bronchodilator (relaxes bronchial passages) and increase vasodilation.
More importantly, Hordenine also functions as a noradrenaline reuptake modulator.[18,19] Basically, hordenine helps noradrenaline stay active longer in your body which results in greater energy, focus, and alertness.
Higenamine, a.k.a. Norcoclaurine, has a history of use in Traditional Medicine as an anti-asthmatic. Higenamine is our 3rd beta receptor agonist, and much like the others above, it likewise increases noradrenaline production, which further stimulates the “fight or flight” response.
Additionally, since higenamine is a bronchodilator, it improves breathing during intense exercise. Be aware though, that higenamine is now banned by WADA, so if you’re a drug-tested athlete, you’ll have to skip Adrenal Rush V2 for the time-being.
We already mentioned up top that Primeval had spiced up the flavoring for Adrenal Rush V2 as well as added a new flavor. So, in addition to the current flavors of Pineapple Mango and Watermelon, fans can now check out the Arctic Cherry flavor which should be dynamite given the modifications to the overall products flavoring.
Adrenal Rush V2 certainly lives up to its namesake. It’s definitely a high energy pre workout without DMHA/DMAA. The re release of Adrenal RushV2 was for one specific reason, customer feedback was they felt it was one of the best pre workouts on the market but needed improved flavoring, so that’s exactly what we did. The flavoring system now does a fantastic job masking some of the bitter ingredients in Adrenal Rush V2, it took us months on end to get them to the high quality they are at now. It is not an easy formula at all to work with for flavoring, but the purpose of the product is effectiveness first as with all our products. It now delivers both.that will get you amped for the gym, but manages to do so without including a truckload of caffeine, something we’re always appreciative of.
If you were a fan of the original V2 released in 2016, you’ll definitely want to pick up a tub of the newly flavored batch and see how it matches up. Make sure to check the widgets below, or head to PrimevalLabs.com.
Adrenal Rush V2 - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Note: The new flavor is Arctic Cherry, so look for stores that have that one in the above PricePlow comparisons.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Baguet, A et al.; Journal of Applied Physiology; “Important role of muscle carnosine in rowing performance;” July 2010;” 2005
- Roger C. Harris; et al.; “The effect of a supplement containing β-alanine on muscle carnosine synthesis, ventilatory threshold and exercise capacity in Korean cyclists, during 12 weeks combined endurance and weight training“
- Hill, CA et al.; Amino Acids; “Influence of beta-alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacity ;” February 2007
- Kendrick IP, et al. The effects of 10 weeks of resistance training combined with beta-alanine supplementation on whole body strength, force production, muscular endurance and body composition. Amino Acids. (2008)
- Demady, D; Agmatine enhances the NADPH oxidase activity of neuronal NO synthase and leads to oxidative inactivation of the enzyme.; Department of Pharmacology, The University of Michigan Medical School; 2001
- Hoffmann, E.K., I.H. Lambert, and S.F. Pedersen, Physiology of cell volume regulation in vertebrates. Physiol Rev, 2009. 89(1)
- Alford, C., H. Cox, and R. Wescott, The effects of red bull energy drink on human performance and mood. Amino Acids, 2001. 21(2)
- Paschilis, V. et al. Low vitamin C values are linked with decreased physical performance and increased oxidative stress: reversal by vitamin C supplementation Eur J Nutr (2014)
- Heller R, et al L-Ascorbic acid potentiates nitric oxide synthesis in endothelial cells . J Biol Chem. (1999)
- Exercise was easier 83% of the time – and no significant adverse events occurred – following use of a performance-enhancing dietary supplement containing Advantra Z. Human Pharmacology of a Performance-Enhancing Dietary Supplement Under Resting and Exercise Conditions – Haller, University of California, San Francisco, British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- A multi-ingredient supplement containing Advantra Z increased energy production and fat oxidation.
- A multi-ingredient product containing Advantra Z reduced fatigue and curbed appetite in overweight adults without serious adverse events.
- Frank M, et al; Hordenine: pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and behavioural effects in the horse; Equine Vet J. (1990)
- Barwell C.; School of Pharmacy; “Deamination of hordenine by monoamine oxidase and its action on vasa deferentia of the rat;” 1989
- Nedergaard O.; British Journal of Pharmacology; “Action of various sympathomimetic amines on the isolated stripped vas deferens of the guinea-pig;” November 1968