Supplement companies releasing “graduate” or “advanced” lines of products is nothing new, but there’s been a plethora of them debuting this year. Performix is the latest supplement company to join the ranks of those pushing a graduate series for its hardcore users.
The brand recently announced the creation of the Iridium series after its recently released stim-free pre workout, Performix Pump. In total, the line consists of four products that are upgraded versions of some of the line’s standard offerings.
The entire line hasn’t completely been unveiled yet, but we have gotten a hold of the first one named Super Ti. This is an upgraded version of Performix’s test booster Super T that carries over six of the seven ingredients contained in the “standard” version.
Long story short?
- This supplement will indeed perform quite well for a natural product. 200mg of LJ100 Tongkat Ali on its own is awesome, let alone everything else.
- But… take a look at the initial $229 price tag, then look at the name of this website. You can hazard a guess as to what we think
We’ll reveal the label in a second, but first take a second to double-check that price below:
Performix IRIDIUM Super Ti - Deals and Price Drop Alerts
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Disclosure: PricePlow relies on pricing from stores with which we have a business relationship. We work hard to keep pricing current, but you may find a better offer on your own.
Posts are sponsored in part by the retailers and/or brands listed on this page.
At the time of press, the prices up above are $229.99! By the time you read this, hopefully they’re lower, but the simple fact is that we’d never pay that much money for nearly any supplement.
Performix, however, disagrees. They believe that someone in their 30s and 40s with the cash will think this is worth $150 for a natural product. There are some solid ingredients, and one that is definitely well-dosed, so that could be true, but it’s ultimately going to come down to your budget.
Regardless, we still find GNC’s initial pricing strategy absolutely shameful and dishonorable though, and hope they drop the prices ASAP. Before we speak our minds, let’s try to discuss those ingredients objectively:
Iridium Super Ti Ingredients
As with all things Performix, Super Ti uses a complete prop blend to mask its anabolic boosting formula.
KSM-66® is a superior quality Ashwagandha extract developed by Ixoreal over the course of 14 years. Ashwagandha is an well-known adaptogenic herb that reduces feelings of anxiety and stress.
It’s also been shown to improve semen quality by increasing serum levels of Luteinizing Hormone (LH), while decreasing levels of Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH).
To help fuel your muscle gains, ashwagandha also helps lower cortisol levels in the body. As you know, cortisol is incredibly catabolic and having chronically elevated levels can stunt testosterone production, thereby inhibiting anabolism. To make the most gains from your gym time, it’s crucial to keep cortisol in check.
LJ100® Longjack (200mg)
Performix has notified us that we can disclose a 200mg dose here. This is a a great thing, as it is the clinically researched dose.
LJ100® is the first scientifically validated, commercially-trusted, Eurycoma Longifolia (Tongkat Ali) extract to be used in test boosters. It’s an actual 100:1 standardization of Longjack to 40% Glyco Saponins, 28% Eurypeptides, 30% Polysacharides, and Eurycomanone.
LJ100® was originally developed as a joint venture between researchers at MIT and University Malaya. It was created out of necessity by HP Ingredients to combat the rash of poor quality longjack extracts that littered the supplement market. as discussed to the side.
The research back LJ100® is pretty vast and demonstrates a number of benefits including: improved body composition, hormone regulation, and improved sexual health.[4,5,6] We just wished we knew how much of this was actually in Super Ti to see if there’s enough to get these benefits.
When it comes to tongkat ali, you want LJ100
The issue with tongkat ali is that there are so many incredibly poor extracts out there. It’s not a supplement you want to buy on Amazon. LJ100 is the one with actual research behind it, and a standardized extraction process. If you’re going to look at Tongkat Ali / Longjack, you need to be looking at LJ100.
We are happy to know and disclose that there’s 200mg here. Regardless of anything else in the product, this stuff is going to work. But is there anything else to make up for the price?
Super Ti contains a patented, more concentrated extract of Fenugreek called Furosap®. It’s been standardized for 45% Furostanolic Saponins and 20% Protodioscin. Research on Fenugreek as an effective testosterone booster is somewhat mixed though. The one study that did show Fenugreek successfully raised testosterone also showed a decrease in body fat within test group.
Fenugreek seems to function as an alpha-5 reductase inhibitor, that limits the conversion testosterone to dihydrotestosterone levels (DHT). The catch though is that the dosage used in this particular study was 500mg. Since Super Ti is a giant prop blend, we’re not sure how much we’re getting though…
The gist of it is, Fenugreek may mildly boost testosterone quite simply by not losing any T to DHT.
But what is Furosap®?
How is Furosap® (which is also available in the less expensive Super T) different?
Furosap® is a patented extract obtained by the extraction of furostanolic saponins from fenugreek seeds, where the compound protodioscin is specifically targeted for extraction. The process includes collecting a vast amount of seeds and then crushing them by milling and grinding. A preliminary extraction is first made using a hydrophilic polar solvent and then followed by ion-exchange chromatography.
A secondary extraction is then performed using a composite solvent and “decolorizing the final extract by use of activated charcoal concentration of the extract by heating and vacuum drying sieving the final powdered product.”
This yields an extract that is high-purity (>70%), bioactive furostanolic saponins fractions including protodioscin (>30%).
But is that worth $200, or even $100, vs. what we already have and known from Testofen? We’re not willing to find out, and need some actual studies performed on humans.
Horny Goat Weed
Horny Goat Weed, a.k.a. Epimedium, is an herb widely used in Ancient Chinese Medicine as an aphrodisiac and pro-erectile agent. This herb got its rather humorous name after goat herders would notice their flock getting extra frisky after eating the plant.
It’s successfully increased testosterone levels in several animal trials,[9,10] but it hasn’t been used in any human trials to date.
Horny Goat Weed is also a mild PDE-5 inhibitor, similar to Viagra only weaker, that can aid in “getting it up” should you have some trouble in that department.
3,3’-Diindolylmethane (DIM) is the main bioactive component of indole-3-carbinol (I3C), a compound commonly found in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli. Basically,it’s a more “refined” ingredient that imparts the majority of benefits of I3C.
It’s frequently used as an aromatase inhibitor (AI) and estrogen blocker. DIM works in a few different ways, but the end result is reduced estrogen levels. They include: stimulating Phase I enzymes activating AhR which yields more “good estrogen” and less “bad estrogen”.[12,13,14]
Found in high amounts in Mucuna Pruriens, L-Dopa (Levadopa) is a direct precursor to dopamine. Supplementing with L-Dopa helps to increase dopamine levels in the body.
More frequently, L-Dopa is used for its ability to increase growth hormone release[15,16,17], which peaks while you sleep. It’s also been found to help reduce cortisol levels as well.
In terms of boosting testosterone, L-Dopa hasn’t proved too successful, but it has been successful at improving blood flow to the “nether-regions” thereby erectile function and performance.
GNC should be ashamed of themselves with these prices.
Maca is another member of broccoli family that’s historically been used as an aphrodisiac. Additionally, it inhibits prostate growth and prevents the increase of zinc in the prostate which encourages the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT).[19,20]
If that’s not enough, maca root potentially improves fertility through increased production of sperm in the testes.
This ingredient may just make you a fan of mushrooms, if you’ve never been one to dine on them frequently. Cordyceps Sinensis is a type of mushroom traditionally used in Chinese medicine to enhance vitality and fight aging.
It’s also one of the few ingredients shown to help regulate testosterone levels in the body. Rather than directly increase it, cordyceps helps upregulate certain enzymes that are the rate limiting component of steroidogenesis. Meaning, contributing more of these enzymes could further increase testosterone production in the body, in theory.[21,22]
Reishi is another popular mushroom used in Ancient Chinese Medicine, but also has a history of use in Korean and Japanese medicine as well. Similar to fenugreek, reishi is a potent 5-alpha reductase inhibitor that attenuates the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
Lastly, Reishi has also been shown to limit estrogen expression in the body. So, you get a two-fer here with more testosterone (through indirect means) and lower estrogen levels to further enhance anabolism in the body.
Anacyclus pyrethrum, a.k.a. Akarkara, is an Aphrodisiac herb commonly used in Ayurveda to enhance male virility and vitality. Other uses for the herb have been in support of brain health.
Not much has been done in the field of human trials, but there are quite a few animal studies circulating on the herb. So far, it’s proven successful in increasing testosterone levels, enhancing libido, and improving sperm motility and testicular weight.[25,26]
This is a very popular ingredient in anabolics such as the original PES AnaBeta, but in their case, they have a pure 1.6g dose of it.
Red wine lovers already know about the many heart-healthy benefits of the polyphenolic compound, resveratrol. Aside from improving ticker function and lowering LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels, resveratrol also exhibits anti-aromatase activity.[27,28,29]
Suppressing the aromatase enzyme is crucial to stunting the biosynthesis of estrogens in the body. So if maximizing gains is in your sights, you want a healthy dose of aromatase inhibitors in any test booster.
Super Ti includes the incredibly effective, and patented, black pepper extract BioPerine® to ensure you absorb every milligram of testosterone boosting and estrogen limiting goodness. Given the vast amount of ingredients contained in Super Ti, you’ll need all the help you can stand to make the most of the sprinkling of ingredients you’ll get.
Each bottle of Super Ti contains enough for a 30 day supply and each serving is 3 capsules. To get this “awesome” boost to testosterone, it’ll only set you back $229.99 at GNC or $169.99 with a Gold Membership…
Performix’s Iridium Series makes its debut with an updated version of its muscle-builder / test booster Super T. While there are some interesting ingredients that Performix uses in Super Ti, and there’s no doubt this product will definitely feel good (KSM-66 is great stuff), who are they kidding with this price tag?!
GNC should be ashamed of themselves with these prices. How in the hell do you people wake up every day and look at yourselves in the mirror? This is a serious question. Meanwhile, Performix / CORR-Jensen Labs should really reconsider who they’re doing their launch business with.
These prices need to be dropped now, because you know some poor unwitting soul is going to end up buying this. Maybe it’s “their fault” for being a sucker, but we disagree. If someone walks into your store (or visits your website), they are a visitor in your house. You should treat them with honor and respect. This is absolutely appalling.
For a one month supply of this, you’d be better off spending a crap ton of money on real food or high quality protein powders to get in some quality calories, than on this stuff. If you have the bank account of Donald Trump, you may be enticed to give this a try. For the rest of us common folk, we simply can’t justify this price tag to warrant ever trying this.
If you want to try a GNC-only line of products, you may be better off going with the MusclePharm Black series. At least they show lab tests.
Like this Post? We have more on the way...
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Ahmad, V., Abbasi, M., Zubair, M., Fatima, N., Farooq, U. and Choudhary, M. Iqbal. (2004), Phosphodiesterase-Inhibiting Glycosides from Symplocos racemosa. HCA, 87: 67–72. doi: 10.1002/hlca.200490018
- Shindel AW, et al; Erectogenic and neurotrophic effects of icariin, a purified extract of horny goat weed (Epimedium spp.) in vitro and in vivo . J Sex Med. (2010)
- Guidance for Industry: Estimating the Maximum Safe Starting Dose in Initial Clinical Trials for Therapeutics in Adult Healthy Volunteers
- Ning H, et al; Effects of icariin on phosphodiesterase-5 activity in vitro and cyclic guanosine monophosphate level in cavernous smooth muscle cells . Urology. (2006)
- Root, A; Effect of L-dihydroxyphenylalanine upon serum growth hormone concentrations in children and adolescents.; J Pediatr. 1972 Oct;81(4):808-13.; Retrieved fromhttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/5074361
- Boden, G; Influence of levodopa on serum levels of anterior pituitary hormones in man.; Neuroendocrinology. 1972;10(5):309-15.; Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4350777
- Lee, E; Growth hormone response to L-dopa and pyridostigmine in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome.; Fertil Steril. 1993 Jul;60(1):53-7.; Retrieved fromhttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8513959
- Horita H, et al; Effects of levodopa on nocturnal penile tumescence: a preliminary study . J Androl. (1998)
- Gonzales C, et al Effect of red maca (Lepidium meyenii) on prostate zinc levels in rats with testosterone-induced prostatic hyperplasia . Andrologia. (2012)
- Gonzales GF, et al ; Red maca (Lepidium meyenii) reduced prostate size in rats . Reprod Biol Endocrinol. (2005)
- Leu SF, et al; The in vivo and in vitro stimulatory effects of cordycepin on mouse leydig cell steroidogenesis . Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. (2011)
- Chang Y, et al; Effect of Cordyceps militaris supplementation on sperm production, sperm motility and hormones in Sprague-Dawley rats . Am J Chin Med. (2008)
- Fujita R, et al; Anti-androgenic activities of Ganoderma lucidum . J Ethnopharmacol. (2005)
- Jiang J, Slivova V, Sliva D; Ganoderma lucidum inhibits proliferation of human breast cancer cells by down-regulation of estrogen receptor and NF-kappaB signaling . Int J Oncol. (2006)
- Sharma V, et al Androgenic and Spermatogenic Activity of Alkylamide-Rich Ethanol Solution Extract of Anacyclus pyrethrum DC . Phytother Res. (2012)
- Evaluation of the Anabolic, Aphrodisiac and Reproductive Activity of Anacyclus Pyrethrum DC in Male Rats
- Zou J, et al; Effects of resveratrol on oxidative modification of human low density lipoprotein . Chin Med J (Engl). (2000)
- Zou JG, et al; Resveratrol inhibits copper ion-induced and azo compound-initiated oxidative modification of human low density lipoprotein . Biochem Mol Biol Int. (1999)
- Resveratrol Modulates Drug- and Carcinogen-Metabolizing Enzymes in a Healthy Volunteer Study