Formutech Nutrition grew to popularity with one of the most popular and effective DMAA-infused fat burners on the market. Then, for a time it went away, when the FDA sent letters over the appetite-reducing stimulant.
But, thanks to parent company Hi-Tech Phamrmaceuticals and their ongoing efforts to battle the FDA…
The classic Lean-EFX is back in its original form… DMAA and all!
The full breakdown is below, but before we get to it, take a moment to check the best deal and sign up for alerts from PricePlow:
Lean EFX - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Lean-EFX is a mixture of three proprietary blends that helps increase energy, elevate mood, and make achieving a slimmer physique that much easier.
Note: Doses listed below are based on 1 serving (i.e. 1 capsules).
Next Gen EFX (375mg)
1,3,7-trimethylxanthine is a fancy chemical name better known as caffeine. It’s been shown to be effective for boosting physical endurance, reducing fatigue, enhancing mental alertness, and even supporting weight loss.
Caffeine is an all-around fantastic ingredient that keeps you awake, motivated, and in the zone. There’s not much to cover that you don’t already know, so we’ll get moving right along to our next ingredient!
Native to China, but grown around the world, Cassia Nomame is a medicinal plant widely used for its weight loss and diuretic benefits. Clinical trials on Cassia have shown it’s an effective anti-inflammatory, but more importantly, it exerts a powerful diuretic effect, increasing urine output by subjects.
More commonly known as Dandelion, Taraxacum officinale is one of the most commonly used water-ridding agents used in fat burners and diuretics that helps the body flush out excess water. In addition to increased urine output, frequency is also increased for a period up to 5 hours post ingestion.
Taraxacum also improves glucose uptake in skeletal muscle, ensuring any carbs you consume go towards muscle growth, and not stored as fat around your waist.
One last thing to note, taraxacum is a rich source of potassium, one of the vital minerals required when shedding excess water weight.
Green tea is long known as a strong cardiovascular system supporter, with the research to back it up. On top of the long list of health benefits, it’s also a powerful weight loss aid.
Studies on green tea not it supports fat burning primarily due to EGCG’s role in promoting lipolysis in the body.[6,7] Plus, you’ll also get a mild boost in energy from the minor amount of caffeine in it.
Bearberry, otherwise known as Uva ursi or bear’s grape, acts as a natural diuretic that increases urine output. Historically, it’s used to to treat cystitis, urolithiasis, and a number of other urinary tract infections.
Niacin, a.k.a. Vitamin B3, is a water-soluble B vitamin that helps the body convert food into fuel (glucose), which is used by the body to produce energy. B vitamins also help the body with the breakdown of fats and protein.
Thermo EFX (240mg)
The powerhouse ingredient that makes everyone love Lean EFX, 1,3 Dimethylamylamine (DMAA) is an aliphatic amine — a class of compounds well known for their stimulating effects that’s found in certain Chinese Geraniums but is typically manufactured synthetically. It functions best when used along with caffeine (which we discussed above).
DMAA is a great stimulant and focus enhancer, and anecdotally, it’s been said to have fairly potent appetite suppression characteristics. We’re not really sure how much DMAA (or caffeine for that matter) is in Lean-EFX, but if we had to venture a guess, we’d guess there’s around 50mg per capsule. — again, that’s just a guess.
If you’re looking for a DMAA-free version, Formutech also has Lean EFX Refined, but it’s far less popular because this ingredient is one of the main reasons it’s so popular.
Another B vitamin, Thiamin is also known as Vitamin B1. Aside from the energy converting roles discussed above, including B vitamins is also useful due to the natural diuretics included in Lean-EFX.
B vitamins are excreted through the urine, so including extra B vitamins in Lean-EFX works to support the body’s basic nutrient needs.
Phyllanthus emblica, also referred to as emblica officinalis or simply Amla, is an Ayurvedic herb traditionally used for to enhance vitality and cognition in additional to promoting longevity.
Research into the herb increases glucose uptake into adipocytes (fat cells). Other research on the herb notes reduced postprandial glucose as well as fasting glucose levels.
Bitter orange (Citrus Aurantium) , etc) contain a number of bioactive compounds that work as beta-receptor agonists. Beta-2 and Beta-3 adrenergic receptor agonist trigger lipolysis, a process that frees stored fatty acids, releasing them into the bloodstream to be used by the body for energy.[11,12]
You’ll essentially be “burning fat” for fuel during low intensity activities, like watching tv or doing the laundry.
NeuroTherapy EFX (90mg)
Frequently seen in sleep aids, 5-HTP, short for 5-hydroxytryptophan, is a precursor to serotonin commonly used to provide a sense of well-being and overall contentment. Sufficient serotonin levels boost production of melatonin, and since 5-HTP is required for serotonin production, it stands to reason that consuming 5-HTP not only improves sleep, but mood and cognitive functioning as well.
Dieting can cause people to be cranky and irritable, including a bit of 5-HTP can help keep you feeling chipper even when you’re on poverty macros.
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT) is the acetylated form of L-Tyrosine, an amino acid commonly used as a focus-booster. Tyrosine supports the production of several powerful catecholamines such as epinephrine, dopamine, and norepinephrine (noradrenaline).
The cascade of neurotransmitters stimulate the sympathetic nervous system and the central nervous system, further boosting metabolic rate and thermogenesis. Unfortunately, the dose included here isn’t anywhere close to what we normally see in efficaciously dosed pre workouts, so you may not feel a ton of focus here.
Panax Ginseng 80%
The last ingredient in Lean-EFX is another mood elevator — the ancient Chinese medicine Panax Ginseng. Clinical trials using ginseng document positive effects on mood, reaction time, and fatigue. Other research shows that ginseng can help reduce appetite and control blood sugar levels.[16,17]
Take one (1) capsule daily upon waking. Do not take on an empty stomach or too late in the day, and do not mix with other stimulant-based products – especially no mixing with pre workouts, and don’t even mix it with coffee!
Per Formutech’s recommendations, don’t take Lean-EFX for more than 45 consecutive days without a 30 day break in between.
Lean-EFX is a proven and effective fat burner that helps build an athletic physique and can help chisel away the pounds of goo that have accumulated during the winter bulk. You’ll feel better while burning fat, and be more productive during the day too!
We just wished the DMAA and caffeine doses were disclosed…
Lean EFX - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Heckman, M. A., Weil, J. and De Mejia, E. G. (2010), Caffeine (1, 3, 7-trimethylxanthine) in Foods: A Comprehensive Review on Consumption, Functionality, Safety, and Regulatory Matters. Journal of Food Science, 75: R77–R87. doi:10.1111/j.1750-3841.2010.01561.x https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20492310
- Rácz-Kotilla E, Rácz G, Solomon A; The action of Taraxacum officinale extracts on the body weight and diuresis of laboratory animals . Planta Med. (1974)
- Clare BA, Conroy RS, Spelman K. The Diuretic Effect in Human Subjects of an Extract of Taraxacum officinale Folium over a Single Day. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2009;15(8):929-934. doi:10.1089/acm.2008.0152.
- Higuchi N1, et al; Effects of insulin resistance and hepatic lipid accumulation on hepatic mRNA expression levels of apoB, MTP and L-FABP in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease . Exp Ther Med. (2011)
- The Effects of Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate on Thermogenesis and Fat Oxidation in Obese Men: A Pilot Study
- Effects of the long term ingestion of tea catechins on Energy Expenditure and Dietary fat oxidation in healthy subjects
- Larsson B, Jonasson A, Fianu S. Prophylactic effect of UVA-E in women with recurrent cystitis: A preliminary report . Curr Ther Res. (1993)
- Kalekar SA, et al; Insulin sensitizing effect of 3 Indian medicinal plants: an in vitro study. Indian J Pharmacol. (2013)
- Akhtar MS, et al; Effect of Amla fruit (Emblica officinalis Gaertn.) on blood glucose and lipid profile of normal subjects and type 2 diabetic patients . Int J Food Sci Nutr. (2011)
- Del’Guidice T, Lemay F, Lemasson M, et al. Stimulation of 5-HT2C Receptors Improves Cognitive Deficits Induced by Human Tryptophan Hydroxylase 2 Loss of Function Mutation. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2014;39(5):1125-1134. doi:10.1038/npp.2013.313. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3957106/
- Fernstrom JD, Fernstrom MH. Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, and Catecholamine Synthesis and Function in the Brain. J Nutr. 2007;137(6):1539S-1547. http://jn.nutrition.org/content/137/6/1539S.long
- Reay JL, Scholey AB, Kennedy DO; Panax ginseng (G115) improves aspects of working memory performance and subjective ratings of calmness in healthy young adults . Hum Psychopharmacol. (2010)
- Attele AS, et al; Antidiabetic effects of Panax ginseng berry extract and the identification of an effective component . Diabetes. (2002)
- Reay JL, Kennedy DO, Scholey AB; Single doses of Panax ginseng (G115) reduce blood glucose levels and improve cognitive performance during sustained mental activity . J Psychopharmacol. (2005)
- Misaizu A, Kokubo T, Tazumi K, Kanayama M, Miura Y. The Combined Effect of Caffeine and Ornithine on the Mood of Healthy Office Workers. Preventive Nutrition and Food Science. 2014;19(4):367-372. doi:10.3746/pnf.2014.19.4.367. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4287333/
Note: Formutech Nutrition is formerly known as Fahrenheit Nutrition