Tuesday was one of my coined “Colby rest days” meaning I went to the gym, hopped on a stationary bike and pedaled my heart out.
I then supersetted laying hamstring curls with leg extensions until it hurt to stand.
I can’t get enough of the gym while on Fortitude so I did…
- Hack Squats 8-10 partial reps keeping all the tension on the quads. I then locked out and did standing calve raises. 20+ reps.
- Worked up to a 415lb dead lifts, doing singles-triples on the way up.
- Burnt out core on hanging leg raises. *Just learned a new way to perform these, I will be trying them out this week*
Yesterday was a brutal back/bicep/tricep day at the college. I know I put in work when both my arms cramp up while I am shampooing what little hair I have in the shower before work..
I won’t bore you with the details, this workout was very similar to the last arm day I did (working with the same general arm day workout for one more week before I switch it up again. I add weight each week so my muscles don’t adapt to the same weight each week).
- T Bar Rows
- Bent Over Rows
- Lat Pull Downs
- Pull Ups
- Seated Rows
- Tricep Extensions (three grips)
- Skull Crushers (standing)
- Super Close Grip “Bench”
- Arm Curls (hammer, spider curls, preacher curls *dumbbells, straight bar*, laying down incline isolation curls, Arnold curls, cable curls)
- Upright Rows
- Rope machine curls, 7 sets 10-25 reps each set, slow contractions, supersetted with hanging leg raises.
- Decline sit-ups
Stationary bike for 10min, and stretched! I was then off to work..
We are now at the half way mark for Fortitude and it is kicking in around full force. I am turning it up in the gym and in the kitchen. Body composition is looking great, strength it steadily climbing (no huge PR’s to report, yet) but I feel confident, full and strong.
Well, I am off to team training, today is squats!