After Alphamine got toned down, we’ve been on the hunt for the next amazing fat burning powdered drink – and we found it right in front of our noses, from one of our favorite brands on the market – Olympus Labs!
We’ve previously covered the Ignit3, the powerful encapsulated fat burner from the brand which is now all over our best fat burner buyer’s guide. But powdered fat burners are also big business, since many people like “drinking their energy” with a great-tasting beverage.
BLOODSHR3D is OL’s answer to this thirsty fat burner market that’s been unsatisfied with recent reformulations and the fact that most weight loss companies are still mostly selling pills.
When we see a new product from Olympus Labs, we’ve come to expect something fully loaded, and something different, since that’s what they’ve been putting out time after time. Once again, we weren’t surprised – dieters get ready.
Before getting into the complete breakdown ahead, check the best deals and sign up for alerts from PricePlow, which includes coupons:
BloodShr3d - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
BloodShr3d Raw Ingredients
BloodShr3d uses a powerful combination of ingredients with proven weight loss effects. This stimulant-powered, flavored fat burner brings everything you’d expect from a well-dosed thermogenic: energy,focus, as well as appetite suppression, euphoria, and best of all weight loss!
Note: Doses listed below are based on 1 serving (2 scoops)
Note 2: BloodShr3d War is another version of this supplement, except it does not contain Rauwolscine. Everything else is identical though!
Maximum Lipolysis Activating Matrix
Green Coffee (1g)
Green Coffee Bean Extract (GCBE) has come under lots of fire in recent years, when it was shown to not be the miracle weight loss supplement that it was initially hyped to be. However, that doesn’t mean the ingredient is completely useless, as it is rich in a potent compound called chlorogenic acid.
Olympus Labs utilizes a GCBE extract standardized to 50% Chlorogenic acid, the highest quality GCBE which yields 500mg of the powerful compound. Where GCBE failed in regards to effective weight loss, chlorogeinc acid has proven successful.
One particular piece of research found that chlorogenic acid stimulated the release of free fatty acids in the body. Another study demonstrated that subjects using an extract containing 50% chlorogenic acid successfully reduced the advance of diminishing glucose-tolerance response (a.k.a. insulin-resistance).
Basically, supplementing with chlorogenic acid improves an important marker of symptoms related to Type 2 diabetes and obesity.
Sophora Japonica (400mg)
Sophora japonica is type of flower traditionally used as a herbal remedy in China, Japan and Korea to treat a variety of ailments including hemorrhoids and hematemesis. It’s also rich in a citrus flavonoid called rutin (rutinoside), which offers some rather interesting weight loss properties.
Clinical studies on the flavonoid have found that it can have beneficial effects on combatting obesity via AMPK activation. Increased AMPK activation stimulates glucose uptake and fat oxidation. Rutin has also been found to decrease inflammation in the body, which further helps the body fight the deleterious effects of unsightly weight gain.
What good is fat burner without at least some modicum of caffeine? Our thoughts exactly!
Caffeine makes just about everything in life better, from energy to mood to even focus. But best of all, it’s great for aiding fat loss! Not only does caffeine help the body oxidize fatty acids, but it also increases daily energy expenditure and lipolysis (a.k.a. fat burning).[6,7]
If the 300mg caffeine in a whole 5-capsule serving Ignit3 was a touch too much for you, BloodShr3d may be the perfect solution for your weight loss woes, as it contains a more moderate dose of 250mg. (As a sidenote, that’s why we’re such huge fans of IGNIT3 – Just like we can customize the strength of our powders by pouring less, you can also tinker with 1-3 capsules with IGNIT3).
Rhodiola Rosea (100mg)
When you first hop on a diet and start feeling the effects of low energy due to lack of calories, you tend to get a little stressed out and irritable. Fortunately, OL has included a hefty dose of the powerful adaptogen to help reduce some of the mental fatigue you feel from stressful situations.
Stress reduction only begins to scratch the surface of this powerful botanical, as rhodiola can also support your weight loss efforts. Some other research into the potent adaptogen has shown it helps combat binge eating.
The bio-active compounds contained within Rhodiola responsible for its power are salidroside and rosavin. Other benefits attributed to these compounds include increased athletic performance and enhance glucose uptake by skeletal muscle.[18,19]
So while there’s no direct studies on weight loss using rhodiola rosea, the anti-stress, anti-fatigue, anti-“this diet sucks” mood-boosting feeling you get from it is a very welcomed addition!
Here’s a new one for fat burners!
Vanillin is a phenolic aldehyde that is the primary component of vanilla bean that gives it the distinct flavor and aroma it’s well known for. You might be wondering why it’s included in a fat burner?
Well for a couple of reasons actually. First and foremost, Vanillin is a selective agonist of transient receptor potential vanilloid subtype 1 (TRPV1); fyi, TRPV1 agonists are known to increase energy metabolism and induce lipolysis.[20,21]
Other great benefits of this aromatic aldehyde are that vanillin improves mood and can help offset signs of depression. Lastly, vanillin also is good for overall health as it also has been shown to reduce levels of triglycerides, VLDL, and total cholesterol level.
Extreme Energy, Focus, & Thermogenic Trifecta (306mg)
Fans of OL’s other high energy fat burner Ignit3, are well acquainted with this trifecta of ingredients, except the total amount included in BloodShr3d Raw is 60mg larger than Ignit3!
Eria Jarensis is nothing new to the quickly-growing Olympus Labs fanbase. Eria is one of the most popular new stims on the market that’s loaded with a number of PEA-based ingredient including N-methyl-PEA, N,N-dimethyl-PEA, and the most important of all N-phenethyl dimethylamine.
More than anything else, eria jarensis is noted for its distinct “euphoric” feeling that lasts longer than regular PEA typically does. Overall feedback from those who’ve experienced the effects of eria jarensis note significantly increased energy and mood.
You can read more about what this ingredient provides, and a breakdown of its structure, on our article titled Eria Jarensis Extract / N-phenethyl dimethylamine: The Next Big Thing?
The real big thing lately, however, is to mix this ingredient with the next one (or similar), and once again Olympus Labs is ahead of the curve here:
J. Regia Extract
Juglans regia (J. regia), is yet another cutting-edge stimulant included in BloodShred. You’ll also find it in Olympus Labs’ monster pre workout Conqu3r Unleashed. So if you love that award-winning pre workout but you want to go into fat burning mode without missing out on your favorite new stim, BloodShr3d still has you covered.
J.Regia is a variety of walnut tree indigenous to Southwest China and the Himalayas. We believe OL is extracting for 2-amino-5-methylheptane (not 2-amino-6). 2-amino-5 is reportedly much stronger, and more expensive than the 2-amino-6 variant seen in a few other pre workouts.
2-amino-5-methylheptane is one of many aliphatic amines, DMAA being the most well known, that delivers a powerful mood-enhancing effect like few other ingredients on the market can.
In addition to its mood and energy enhancing qualities, J. Regia also has found uses in the medical world where it’s used to treat diabetes as well as help lower cholesterol and lipid levels.[14,15]
Rauwolfia Serpentina Extract (6mg)
Here’s the main difference between BloodShr3d Raw and BloodShr3d War. The RAW version contains rauwolscine. Everything else is the exact same, so by our math, that means there’s 6mg worth of Alpha-Yohimbine in BloodShr3d Raw, a fairly hefty amount!
Rauwolscine is another powerful stimulant packed into BloodShr3d that’s best suited to small doses due to its potency. In terms of fat loss effects, rauwolscine functions as a strong alpha-2 antagonist that helps prevent fat storage in the body.[16,17]
There are two reasons why you might one want rauwolfia serpentina extract: first, it might be illegal in your country; and second, some people get a bit anxious from this and other yohimbe-like ingredients. However, we note that rauwolscine seems to create lower anxiety than yohimbine, so if you’re a yohimbe-lover, you should be fine with rauwolscine as well!
Here’s where OL can really deliver to those fans hungering for a great tasting weight loss aid, the flavor department. In total, BloodShr3d will come in three flavors:
- Orange Starkrush
- Purple Bubblegum
- Hawaiian Colada
Assess tolerance by taking 1 – 2 scoops 30-45 minutes before breakfast. Once tolerance has been assessed, an additional scoop may be added. Do not exceed 3 scoops in any 24 hour period of time.
Hot off the heels of the anabolic / muscle-builder / bulking agent OR1GIN, it’s now time to get back to shred-mode for the “other half” out there. Olympus Labs does not stop.
We asked for a full-spectrum powdered fat burner to replace the previous king of powdered fat burners, and that’s exactly what Olympus Labs has delivered in BloodShr3d. It’s got just the right amount of energy combined with a unique mix of proven lipolytic and mood-boosting ingredients.
IGNIT3 is dominating our best fat burner buyer’s guide, and those who follow us on Facebook and have bought it agree. BLOODSHR3D is a touch stronger at a full dose, and has some other unique ingredients, so we’re not doubting this is going to fare just as well, which means it should work like crazy.
We even get two versions of the product should some users out there feel weary about taking rauwolscine. Overall, you asked and OL delivered. Now all that’s left is for you to grab a tub and get that sleek physique going!
BloodShr3d - Best Deals and Price Drop Notifications
Get Price Alerts
No spam, no scams.
Like this Post? We have more on the way…
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below:
- Flanagan, J., Bily, A., Rolland, Y. and Roller, M. (2014), Lipolytic Activity of Svetol®, a Decaffeinated Green Coffee Bean Extract. Phytother. Res., 28: 946–948. doi:10.1002/ptr.5085
- Lap H, et al. Dietary supplementation with decaffeinated green coffee improves diet-induced insulin resistance and brain energy metabolism in mice. Nutritional Neuroscience Vol. 15 , Iss. 1,2012
- Seo S, Lee M-S, Chang E, et al. Rutin Increases Muscle Mitochondrial Biogenesis with AMPK Activation in High-Fat Diet-Induced Obese Rats.Nutrients. 2015;7(9):8152-8169. doi:10.3390/nu7095385.
- Kauss T, Moynet D, Rambert J, et al. Rutoside decreases human macrophage-derived inflammatory mediators and improves clinical signs in adjuvant-induced arthritis. Arthritis Research & Therapy. 2008;10(1):R19. doi:10.1186/ar2372.
- Metabolic Effects Of Caffeine Ingestion And Physical Work In 75-year Old Citizens. A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Cross-over Study
- Smellie FW, et al; Alkylxanthines: inhibition of adenosine-elicited accumulation of cyclic AMP in brain slices and of brain phosphodiesterase activity . Life Sci. (1979)
- Are methylxanthine effects due to antagonism of endogenous adenosine?
- Khanum F., et. al.; Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety; “Rhodiola rosea: A versatile Adaptogen;” 2005
- Cifani C, Micioni Di B. M, Vitale G, Ruggieri V, Ciccocioppo R, Massi M. Effect of salidroside, active principle of Rhodiola rosea extract, on binge eating. Physiology & Behavior. 2010;101(5):555-562. doi:10.1016/j.physbeh.2010.09.006.
- Jinyong Xu, et al. Vanillin-induced amelioration of depression-like behaviors in rats by modulating monoamine neurotransmitters in the brain. Psychiatry Research, Volume 225, Issue 3, 28 February 2015, Pages 509-514
- Belagali Y e. Effect of vanillin on lipid profile in a model of hyperlipidemia, a preliminary study. Indian J Exp Biol. 2013 Apr;51(4):288-91
- Hedman, K; Phenethylamines from Eria Jarensis Ames; Acta Chemica Scandinavica, Volume 23; 1969; Retrieved from http://actachemscand.org/pdf/acta_vol_23_p3261.pdf
- Ismet, Ara, et al; “Evaluation of Antimicrobial Properties of Two Different Extracts of Juglans regia Tree Bark and Search for Their Compounds Using Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrum”; International Journal of Biology; Vol. 5, No. 2; 2013; Retrieved from http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/ijb/article/view/25651/15862
- De Bock K. et al. Acute Rhodiola rosea intake can improve endurance exercise performance. International Journal of Sport Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism 14 (3), 298–307. 2004.
- Li HB et al. Salidroside stimulated glucose uptake in skeletal muscle cells by activating AMP-activated protein kinase. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008 Jul 7;588(2-3):165-9. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2008.04.036. Epub 2008 Apr 20.
- Jayant S, Sharma B, Sharma B. Protective effect of transient receptor potential vanilloid subtype 1 (TRPV1) modulator, against behavioral, biochemical and structural damage in experimental models of Alzheimer’s disease. Brain Research. 2016;1642:397-408. doi:10.1016/j.brainres.2016.04.022.
- Chen J, Li L, Li Y et al. Activation of TRPV1 channel by dietary capsaicin improves visceral fat remodeling through connexin43-mediated Ca2+ Influx. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2015;14(1):22. doi:10.1186/s12933-015-0183-6.