It only took one day to beat that deal on our hot deals page, if you’re willing to handle the gotcha’s:
2lbs of vanilla Olympian Labs C2 Protein Maximizer for just $8.80!
Lately, are hot deals have been oddball flavors like strawberry or banana chunk. Not this one!
At this price, you get a total of 500g protein, yielding 56.8g of protein per dollar… rates we used to expect back when we started in 2007!
What’s the catch?
- There’s 15g of carbs, much from fructose.
Not bad for athletes, but possibly not the best thing late at night or for cautious low-carb dieters.
- It expires June 14, 2014.
That’s not bad, and if it’s been properly stored, it’ll last just fine after that.
- It contains soy protein isolate.
We think that many men overreact to soy protein and don’t feel that there’s conclusive evidence as to whether or not it lowers testosterone levels, but beware that it is there and it is controversial. It’s the #2 protein ingredient behind whey concentrate.
What’s in C2 Protein Maximizer?
The good news for low-fat dieters is that it is indeed low-fat. In each serving of 44g of product, you’ll get the following:
- 175 Calories, 10 from fat
- 1.5g fat, <1g of which is saturated
- 25g protein, coming from whey protein concentrate, non-GMO soy protein isolate, egg whites, and BCAA
- 15g carbs, 1g of which is from vegetable fiber. The rest is from the whey, fructose, honey powder, and cane juice crystals (sugar)
- An additional 2g of glutamine. It seems that this isn’t part of the 25g of protein — kudos to Olympian Labs for kicking it in and disclosing it. +points to OL!
- 50mg green tea extract – interesting!
- 40mg cholesterol – Seems a touch on the high side
If you’re low-fat and cool with some soy, go for it. If you’re still leery, skip it or just don’t take more than a scoop per day… use it to “dollar cost average” down your other protein purchases.
Personally, I’m buying a few tubs, along with a few other things that are too cheap to not try from this store… take a look at our hot deals page to see if they have anything else you want at this store.
Like this Post? We have more on the way...
PricePlow is a price comparison site that asks one simple question: is this worth it?
The honest truth lives here. Follow us on social media below: